Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free web control panel with Engintron or similar reverse proxy for nginx?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free web control panel with Engintron or similar reverse proxy for nginx?

lnx1001lnx1001 Member
edited February 2023 in General

I'm ready to leave cPanel forever and I'm currently setting up a new server. Engintron is a plugin for cPanel, and it is critical for performance. It takes zero configuration, still works with Apache's htaccess files, and takes zero of my time or knowledge about NGINX or anything speed related.

It just makes everything fast.

Well I am considering Webmin or ISPConfig as the alternative web panel. But I really need to have some sort of plugin like Engintron.

What options are there for one of these panels that I can just install and be done with it?

Comments

• Nginx as a reverse proxy, sounds kinda vesta, fastpanel in free and DA, ApisCP in paid categories look for them or just do it manually via terminal.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

You can also use a Control Panel which support OpenLiteSpeed e.g. DirectAdmin/aaPanel/Enhance.

• lnx1001lnx1001 Member
    edited February 2023

I run a robust server and I need as feature packed as possible while offering the ability to use with minimal setup and I want FOSS. Webmin/Virtualmin and ISPConfig meet these. They are not as easy as cPanel, but they are robust enough, especially Webmin/Virtualmin, although the interface is really old and outdated.

But I need something like Engintron for one of them.

I'm running a professional server, not going to be experimenting with small unknown panels.

And DirectAdmin, unfortunately, has gone the way of cPanel, extremely expensive just like cPanel. They got the greed bug and I will avoid them like the plague. Otherwise I would just stay with cPanel which I know works! The whole point is to eliminate a huge expense.

• lnx1001lnx1001 Member
    edited February 2023

Here are 3 on github that I found so far, although I don't know if they are any good:
    https://github.com/Sumarious/nginx-webmin
    https://github.com/btactic/virtualmin-nginx-reverse-proxy-hook
    https://github.com/lewellyn/virtualmin-nginx

Anyone have any experience with these or know anything better?

• ClusterCluster Member
    edited February 2023

Personally I'd go for Enhance, even though AFAIK it doesn't have nginx reverse proxy but it's not difficult to setup yourself.

• @Cluster said:
    Personally I'd go for Enhance, even though AFAIK it doesn't have nginx reverse proxy but it's not difficult to setup yourself.

What is "Enhance"?

• @lnx1001 said:

@Cluster said:

What is "Enhance"?

A website panel much like any other website panel duh!

• lnx1001lnx1001 Member
    edited February 2023

@TrK said:

@lnx1001 said:

@Cluster said:

What is "Enhance"?

Never heard of it, and didn't find it with a google search. Will try new keywords now that you said it's a control panel.

That worked, but unfortunately the website is down or blocked.
    https://enhance.com/

• @lnx1001 said:

@TrK said:

@lnx1001 said:

@Cluster said:

What is "Enhance"?

Never heard of it, and didn't find it with a google search. Will try new keywords now that you said it's a control panel.

That worked, but unfortunately the website is down or blocked.
    https://enhance.com/

Working fine for me, guess the block hit you hard, you can also try fastpanel and others.

• Hestia or Vesta.
    Both running apache as backend and nginx as reverse proxy. Apache + nginx combination just work out of the box with these web panels.

• lnx1001lnx1001 Member
    edited February 2023

enhance.com website is down and not working.

• @lnx1001 said: enhance.com website is down and not working.

Probably your DNS is blocking it. Are you using NextDNS?

• lnx1001lnx1001 Member
    edited February 2023

No I am using the internet. No special dns or proxies or vpn. Just an ethernet cable plugged to the internet.

• @fazar said:
    Hestia or Vesta.
    Both running apache as backend and nginx as reverse proxy. Apache + nginx combination just work out of the box with these web panels.

Vesta should not been used any more it is dead...