Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Canada base cloud for long term self-hosting? Hetzner equivalent in Canada?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Canada base cloud for long term self-hosting? Hetzner equivalent in Canada?

ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Hi there,

I've being self-hosting a bunch of services on Hetzner, but have been considering moving my data to my country Canada. So I'm wondering if there's any equivalent of hetzner in Canada east coast?

I have no problem with Hetzner, in fact its price to performance ratio is soo good and with features such as internal networking, load balancing, snapshot, cloud-init etc, I have 20+ instances with them for production use. Just for some personal stuff I'm thinking something close to home.

Thanks in advance.

Thanked by 1greentea

Comments

• What about Hetzner's Ashburn location which is the closest one to Canada east cost with the equivalent pricing?

Thanked by 1ericls
  • ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

@nick_ said:
    What about Hetzner's Ashburn location which is the closest one to Canada east cost with the equivalent pricing?

Thanks for mentioning it!

That's actually my fallback choice, like the network is sometimes even better than Toronto for whatever reason. But I'm wondering if there are any domestic choices.

Thanked by 1nick_
  • @ericls said:

@nick_ said:
    What about Hetzner's Ashburn location which is the closest one to Canada east cost with the equivalent pricing?

Thanks for mentioning it!

That's actually my fallback choice, like the network is sometimes even better than Toronto for whatever reason. But I'm wondering if there are any domestic choices.

With hetzner pricing, no I think

Thanked by 1ericls
  • Thanked by 1ericls

I actually just got an account approved for it. Will try it out

• I'm using servarica @servarica_hani

@userandom said:
    I'm using servarica @servarica_hani

I'll take a look, thanks!

• Servarica and Xenyth are basically it, there's also a few using OVH like LunaNode (plus actual cloud companies in Toronto). I'd probably just get something in New York and deal with slightly worse latency overall.

Thanked by 2cheapdave greentea
  • PeterPPeterP Member, Host Rep

Depending on what you’re looking for exactly, Accuris has some stuff within Ottawa, ON if you’re looking for something nearby. If what we have on the site isn’t available, shoot me a DM and we can look into accommodating your needs :)

• Check Kamatera.