Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is BuyShared.net dead?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is BuyShared.net dead?

Is BuyShared.net dead or will there be shared hosting offers again at some point? @Francisco

Comments

• Not dead, I've had my service from 2017. It's still up and running!!

• Dead in the sense that new orders arent accepted, yeah.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Are you looking for shared or reseller hosting?

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

They are just not accepting new orders, old orders are still up and running . They will resume their service again when Namecrane( ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar) will be live

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @WebProject said:

shared in the vain of buyshared specs.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ManishPant said:
    They are just not accepting new orders, old orders are still up and running . They will resume their service again when Namecrane( ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar) will be live

Yep.

I'm putting in a concerted effort to get NC going this year. I'll be making a sacrifice tomorrow and seeing if Karen will let us open a little bit of shared stock to help some people out.

If you don't hear from me, assume i'm buried somewhere in the desert.

Francisco

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Francisco said: I'll be making a sacrifice tomorrow and seeing if Karen will let us open a little bit of shared stock to help some people out.

Thanked by 2ehab ariq01
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2023

@Francisco said:

Karen said:
    It's the return of the-, oh, wait, no way, you're kidding
    He didn't just say what I think he did, did he?
    And Francisco said-, nothing you idiots
    Francisco's dead, he's locked in my basement (haha)

• @Francisco said:

@ManishPant said:

Yep.

I'm putting in a concerted effort to get NC going this year. I'll be making a sacrifice tomorrow and seeing if Karen will let us open a little bit of shared stock to help some people out.

Francisco

@Francisco shared 20g, LU!

• @Francisco Can you open a few reseller plans also?

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @Weblogics said:
    @Francisco Can you open a few reseller plans also?

You can check those if you are interested ( i think hostsailor does have resellers web hosting)

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3613009/#Comment_3613009

• @HostMT3 said:
    You can check those if you are interested ( i think hostsailor does have resellers web hosting)

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3613009/#Comment_3613009

Thanks, but I'd rather first get a plan with Buyvm if they become available.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Weblogics said: @Francisco Can you open a few reseller plans also?

That would be amazing!

• I lost my DirectAdmin reseller from smallweb as it went Deadpool, and I really hope I can get one from @Francisco

• Yes please add reseller hosting.

• Hope buyshared can open some slot for reseller hosting

• SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:
    Yep.

Francisco

Quick question for you, how do you intend to handle legal requests/subpoenas regarding domain owner information? Will you inform your customer and provide a period of time for your customer to obtain legal counsel, and for example, file a motion to quash?

As much hate as GoDaddy gets, the way they handle their requests to disclose domain information is actually pretty decent, they have a legal team that sends you a notice, like this.

I know you're usually privacy oriented, and when we used BuyVM in the past you/your team were great to work with. So I'd definitely like a place to shift some of my domains to.

Thanks!

@Swiftnode said: Quick question for you, how do you intend to handle legal requests/subpoenas regarding domain owner information? Will you inform your customer and provide a period of time for your customer to obtain legal counsel, and for example, file a motion to quash?

We're still thinking macro at the moment, but we'll do right by our users.

I have no doubt there'll be many NameCrane resellers that are based out of Saint Kitts or similar and all the glowies would get is an address over there.

Francisco

Thanked by 1dystopia
  • Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Member
    edited January 2023

@hyperblast said:

@WebProject said:

• @Intelpentium0 said:

@hyperblast said:

@WebProject said:

?

• @hyperblast said:

@Intelpentium0 said:

@hyperblast said:

@WebProject said:

?

Nothing..I am not allowed to post a link.Sorry

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Intelpentium0 said: Nothing..I am not allowed to post a link.Sorry

Everyone is allowed to post a link. Self promotion is another thing, again depending on the content :smile:

• @Swiftnode said:

@Francisco said:
    Yep.

Francisco

Quick question for you, how do you intend to handle legal requests/subpoenas regarding domain owner information? Will you inform your customer and provide a period of time for your customer to obtain legal counsel, and for example, file a motion to quash?

As much hate as GoDaddy gets, the way they handle their requests to disclose domain information is actually pretty decent, they have a legal team that sends you a notice, like this.

I know you're usually privacy oriented, and when we used BuyVM in the past you/your team were great to work with. So I'd definitely like a place to shift some of my domains to.

Thanks!

Wow, didn't realize GoDaddy did that. Might actually move a few domains to them.

• @Francisco said:

@ManishPant said:

Yep.

Francisco

so far i have not heard from you.... @Francisco

@hyperblast said: so far i have not heard from you.... @Francisco

I made it out alive yesterday, so that's good at least?

Francisco

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Happy to hear that you're alive.

We really want an ETA on NC man, I've been drooling for so long.

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

that is already not bad

@FatGrizzly said: We really want an ETA on NC man, I've been drooling for so long.

You really should temper your expectations on NC.

The initial for it is going to be "wow we can register/resell a domain!". There's not going to be a selling market, or a masterfranbucks 100% legit above the board escrow service or shit like that. We'll have hosted/anycast DNS, shared, domain reg, easy reselling modules. That's our 'day 1'.

Our focus will just be getting our feet wet, learning the domain market since it's a completely new market for the 3 core members, etc.

Francisco

Thanked by 1bluehairminerboy
  • @Francisco said:

Francisco

Haha..

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

The real question is did they steal your underwear again?