Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Freenom Free Domains are currently unavailable
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Freenom Free Domains are currently unavailable

Luckily I have already registered an .tk domain . Now they are unavailable and nobody can register it.

Comments

• TrKTrK Member

why do you need the scammynom?

Thanked by 3Ganonk seb1g dystopia
  • the end is night

• it all seems to work for me

• From homepage:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Because of technical issues the Freenom application for new registrations is temporarily out-of-order.
    Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. We are working on a solution and hope to resume operations shortly.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanked by 3JasonM titus let_rocks
  • @danielyi said:
    Luckily I have already registered an .tk domain . Now they are unavailable and nobody can register it.

Don't waste your time and effort on free domains.
    If you want to build something valuable, use the usual paid ones for your projects.

Thanked by 3seb1g umz dystopia
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited January 2023

You can register domains in some TLDs for less than $5 each, and then the domain is yours to manage, use, sell, renew ... or not.

In case it matters, I found .uk domains for $4.76 at Cloudflare yesterday. (The regular price for domain registrations and renewals is their cost. Restriction: You must use their DNS.)

For free subdomains, consider:
    https://freedns.afraid.org

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited January 2023

Wasn't there a similar thread just the other day? Maybe I'm just getting confused.
    Free domains are usually used by spammers and have very little value, hence they are free. Loop.

• freenom is dead. see other thread related to it.
    free domains used to work and we have no guarantee that they'll work or get suspended

Thanked by 1seb1g
  • @JasonM said:
    freenom is dead. see other thread related to it.

it continues to work for me regularly

• @Carlin0 said:

@JasonM said:

You can login at https://my.freenom.com/?

I had a few .ml and .tk for testing and playing, they all stopped working a while ago and the whois is wiped.

• @rcy026 said:

@Carlin0 said:

@JasonM said:

I had a few .ml and .tk for testing and playing, they all stopped working a while ago and the whois is wiped.

I login normally and my domains are still there

• @danielyi said: Now they are unavailable and nobody can register it.

No buritos for you my friend.

• @Carlin0 said:

@rcy026 said:

@Carlin0 said:

@JasonM said:

I login normally and my domains are still there

Wtf? I've not been able to reach that page for months.
    Anybody else unable to login or is it just me?

• @rcy026 said: Anybody else unable to login or is it just me?

I can login and renew domains.
    But it is not possible to register new account and try to register new domain.

Thanked by 1Carlin0
  • Yepp . It still works on my cloudflare free dns.

Thanked by 1aana3027
  • umzumz Member

I have never thought that much of free or especially .tk domains at all

• is there any better alternatives?

• I have a domain on freenom, but the extension has expired. now the domain is not in my freenom account. but it's been 3 days since it was deleted, the domain can still be accessed via cloudflare dns. Until when is the domain active? and is there a registrar other than freenom that provides tk and ga domains for free?

• @chakraxzz said:
    is there any better alternatives?

Paying for a domain, they aren't exactly expensive. Likely the cheapest part of your infrastructure.

Thanked by 2Ganonk chakraxzz
  • @dahartigan said:

@chakraxzz said:
    is there any better alternatives?

Paying for a domain, they aren't exactly expensive. Likely the cheapest part of your infrastructure.

9 $ for a domain that has been considered spam by search engines, including expensive. that's what confused me. more than that, there is no option for me to renew or pay for the domain, because the domain has been deleted from my account.

• kdhkdh Member

Don't use Freenom's 'Free' Domains.
    They register your domains as by themselves, which means that you have absolutely no right to your domain.

• .xyz domain is very cheap bro.

Thanked by 2Carlin0 Ympker
  • cpsdcpsd Member

I have registered yesterday an ovh domain which are also cheap.

• Dude, why do you dig a free domain name that ain't even yours and can be snatched from under your nose?

• Porkbun offers a free .pro, .dev, .app domains for the first year.