Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking Affordable GPU Instances
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking Affordable GPU Instances

Some basic requirements for easy reference:

1.Region, no restrictions, I rely on Google Drive to relay the transfer resources.

2.Bandwidth, 500M~1G are available, the best case is to have unlimited bandwidth, but I think 50T~100T is completely enough.

3.The configuration, with an outdated CPU, is perfectly fine, it just needs a modern SSD in PCIe for cache.

4.For the GPU, the NVIDIA Tesla P4 or something similar is sufficient, and the price of the card is now low enough.

For some of my use cases, I just have a lot of video files that need to be taken from H.264 > HEVC. Either physical server, or VM, is fine, I will run the program inside Docker.

I would like to get some competitive quotes, preferably for no more than $80 a month if possible. Of course, I would be very happy if it was lower!

Will I be able to get something similar? Or do you have any recommendations for merchants that would suit me?

Comments

• tensordock?

• TrKTrK Member

@Zyra said:
    tensordock?

+1 for tensordock!

Thanked by 1lentro
  • Hi,

There are several cloud providers that offer GPU instances at competitive prices. Some options include:

Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers the P3 and P2 instances, which come with NVIDIA Tesla GPUs and are priced at $0.9 to $3.06 per hour, depending on the configuration.

Google Cloud Platform (GCP) offers the P4 and P100 instances, which come with NVIDIA Tesla GPUs and are priced at $1.46 to $3.06 per hour, depending on the configuration.

Microsoft Azure offers the NCv3 and NCv2 instances, which come with NVIDIA Tesla GPUs and are priced at $0.8 to $3 per hour, depending on the configuration.

Alibaba Cloud offers the GPU instances, which come with NVIDIA Tesla GPUs and are priced at $0.5 to $2 per hour, depending on the configuration.

It is worth noting that these prices are for on-demand instances, which means that you will be billed hourly for the resources you use. However, these providers also offer reserved instances and spot instances, which can be significantly cheaper.

It's also good to note that you may be able to get a discount by signing up for a long-term contract.

You may also want to check out other providers like Paperspace, which offers GPU instances at a lower cost.

Overall, it is possible to find GPU instances that meet your requirements for around $80 a month, but it will depend on the specific configuration and usage. It's best to compare the pricing and options from different providers and choose the one that best fits your needs and budget.

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

Hi @danblaze did you ever find a solution? Apologies for missing this thread at first -

At TensorDock, we run a cloud GPU marketplace that would be perfect for your needs: https://marketplace.tensordock.com/order_list

Deploy 3090s as low as $0.22/hr on hosts from around the world or 3060s from 0.10/hr. Billing is pro-rated to the second, and you can always request additional ports to be forwarded :)

Happy to provide some starting credits if you're interested!

Thanked by 1Zyra
  • Quick note. @lentro fucks. You're not going to find continuous service for 80 dollars a month. Even at Packet, paperspace, and other on-demand vendors I've worked with the GPU time is just a premium. Unless you just buy the hardware outright (I have a few in my office), you're not going to find meaningful hardware at 80 dollars a month.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • 50TB bandie + that gpu performance is impossible at 80$
    too much space, power, bandwidth

• if you want a more first-party solution, consider services such as https://vast.ai/.

they advertise to a certain crowd, but if you are happy with their encoding performance, definitely consider this option. there are many services like this, so consider shopping around.

• @lentro said:
    Hi @danblaze did you ever find a solution? Apologies for missing this thread at first -

At TensorDock, we run a cloud GPU marketplace that would be perfect for your needs: https://marketplace.tensordock.com/order_list

Deploy 3090s as low as $0.22/hr on hosts from around the world or 3060s from 0.10/hr. Billing is pro-rated to the second, and you can always request additional ports to be forwarded :)

Happy to provide some starting credits if you're interested!

After studying the instructions on your website, it looks great, how do I get credit for the test?

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@danblaze said: credit

Could you shoot me an email at jonathan[at]tensordock.com (or shoot me a DM here if I don't respond within a day)? Thx!