Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need host for movies online website
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need host for movies online website

Hi, i'm opening a new website for watching online movies / series . I will use PSY theme and i need a domain too and helping installing the theme . What your recommendation for best offshore hosting ? . Thanks .

Comments

• Do yourself a big favour - Just dont.

• @Snusboks said:
    Do yourself a big favour - Just dont.

Why ?

• SnusboksSnusboks Member
    edited January 2023

@monoattopia said:

@Snusboks said:

Why ?

You need help with domain and installing a wordpress theme - And you want to host illegal content. First off all, this will cost you ALOT to host due to the massive amount of resources needed to do such a thing. That said, no serious host will allow you to do this in their network, if you are not paying insane amounts of money.

You are on LowEndTalk, asking for very basic help, to pull off something that is both illegal and expensive, with zero knowledge of what you are doing.

Just dont.

• It is easy, cheapest option is if your users are from Europe, buy a SLICE 4096 from buy vm, dont buy from their us location, set that up as proxy, reason why i ask you to buy 4096 is because that is truly unlimited. You can then host your site at any host like Hetzner, if you can find host that are similar to buyvm, you can use them as proxy too. Dont need to waste any money on offshore hosting which are overpriced.

Thanked by 2ElonBezos JasonM
  • @Thundas said:
    reason why i ask you to buy 4096 is because that is truly unlimited

Where's this from?

• @aqqtran said:

@Thundas said:

Where's this from?

I think i saw fran stated somewhere in the site that he doesn't mind people full blasting 24/7 on the dedicated plan. @Francisco can probably confirm but reading back this thread, I am uncertain now cause the user didn't state whether they are self-hosting videos or hosting it on third parties. If they are not self-hosting, the cheapest plan would suffice as not much traffic would go out.

• i'll help you to setup wordpress and installing theme,
    buy slice from buyvm, it will comes with directadmin + openlitespeed, to easily handle the 50k+ traffic daily. thats enough for beginner. once you reach the peak traffic, then move to dedicated server,

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited January 2023

@Thundas said:

@aqqtran said:

@Thundas said:

Where's this from?

I think i saw fran stated somewhere in the site that he doesn't mind people full blasting 24/7 on the dedicated plan. @Francisco can probably confirm but reading back this thread, I am uncertain now cause the user didn't state whether they are self-hosting videos or hosting it on third parties. If they are not self-hosting, the cheapest plan would suffice as not much traffic would go out.

Fran always said that its 100Mbps unmetered per 4GB slice. Which I find very confusing as website says that every plan is unmetered, its not mentioned in ToS, you'll learn avout that only in Discord/LET.

It should be clarified on page, especially now with Premier. I know Fran doesnt care as he is OOS all the time, but still, its 5 minutes fix. Even anycast page is outdated now, many misleading info.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited January 2023

there's no such thing as truly "unmetered" for shared VPS. pushing 100mbps permanently is 33TB per month. even Hetzner was sending warnings sometime ago for their dedi customers pushing past 150TB or something.

every service comes with ToS and AUP.

• @AXYZE said: not mentioned in ToS

@cybertech said: every service comes with ToS

:/

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@AXYZE said: Fran always said that its 100Mbps unmetered per 4GB slice

For some reason I thought it was 1GBit. 100MBps is as bad as kimsufi :cry:

• @emgh said:

@AXYZE said: not mentioned in ToS

@cybertech said: every service comes with ToS

:/

am a low bandwidth user so not worried about it 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

• @Snusboks said:

Why ?

I'm assuming you're hosting copyrighted movies and series. Correct me if I'm wrong. But if that's the case, the reason why you shouldn't share copyrighted content is because it's not yours to copy and share.

The people who made it include hundreds (and in some projects thousands) of hard working creative people who are mostly underpaid for what they do. I'm not talking about the big budget headline stars or producers, which is how studios attract big funding and wide audiences. I'm talking about the vast majority of the artists and artisans who are hired to work on these very same projects who are not making a lot of money, so sharing their work without permission is a direct attack on them. Please respect their work and their effort and only watch from legally licensed sources. Please save your own effort and your time and instead, spend your money on legal streaming services to support the artists who make this content. The victims of online illegal content sharing are hard working people just like you.

• emgemg Veteran

@jlet88 said:

I'm assuming you're hosting copyrighted movies and series. Correct me if I'm wrong. But if that's the case, the reason why you shouldn't share copyrighted content is because it's not yours to copy and share.

The people who made it include hundreds (and in some projects thousands) of hard working creative people who are mostly underpaid for what they do. I'm not talking about the big budget headline stars or producers, which is how studios attract big funding and wide audiences. I'm talking about the vast majority of the artists and artisans who are hired to work on these very same projects who are not making a lot of money, so sharing their work without permission is a direct attack on them. Please respect their work and their effort and only watch from legally licensed sources. Please save your own effort and your time and instead, spend your money on legal streaming services to support the artists who make this content. The victims of online illegal content sharing are hard working people just like you.

Good thoughts, but they won't fly very far here on LowEndTalk. I will go on the record as supporting your post.

LowEndTalk is the place where people come looking for "DMCA Ignored" hosting. Some of the provider members offer those services. Many here have strong opinions and support those who pirate media, software, etc.

You will see. Let the bloodbath begin...

Thanked by 2jlet88 ralf
  • @emg said:

@jlet88 said:

Good thoughts, but they won't fly very far here on LowEndTalk. I will go on the record as supporting your post.

LowEndTalk is the place where people come looking for "DMCA Ignored" hosting. Some of the provider members offer those services. Many here have strong opinions and support those who pirate media, software, etc.

You will see. Let the bloodbath begin...

Indeed, the thoughts may not fly with some people, but hopefully no bloodbath. :# Hopefully intelligent discussion. B) I understand why some people come here, but it is a good discussion to have from time to time, and remind some people that copyrighted creative works like film, music, etc., take a lot of time and effort and skill (and often money and hard sacrifice) to create, from people who usually don't get paid much at all. If one really thinks about it, this content that we love is made from the life-long dreams of some of these artists! And the worst irony (and tragedy) of it is that the majority of people stealing it are in the same financial situation as those who create it. I think a lot of the smart people here who know anyone in a creative industry will know what I mean, and it's worth thinking about from time to time.

A digital file of good content is easy to copy and share but very hard to make. And if someone is setting up a server to share copyrighted works, especially for profit (by ads, services, or other means), without permission, then that really, truly, and directly hurts all the creative people who made it. Take an extra few minutes to watch the entire list of credits for your favorite films. They're not all driving around in BMWs and flying in private jets. Even your average independent musician releasing a single has taken enormous effort to make his MP3 file and share it with the world. The chances that he'll get paid anything at all are very low. At the very least, I hope people will show him the respect he deserves and pay for a legitimate streaming service for his song.

But people who want to do it, will just continue doing it, of course, and they will justify it however they want to, you are totally correct. Just because this is "LowEnd" Talk for inexpensive servers/VPS, etc., doesn't mean it has to be "low end" in terms of accepting the idea that it's okay to steal someone else's hard work, right?

Anyway, it's a huge discussion, and most people will not read this post of course, or give it two seconds. But it's worth sharing in a thread like this IMO for the one or two people who might think twice next time about the irony about taking something from someone they enjoy. No offense to people who disagree with me. I'm not even arguing against hosting providers that sell services in jurisdictions where enforcement is more lax, since there is also a major issue with freedom of speech in the world, and often freedom of speech is actually more accepted by those very same jurisdictions! Another irony worth pondering.

However freedom of speech does not have to equal allowing people to post copyrighted works created by hard working creative people. I appreciate providers like BuyVM (@Francisco), and other similar providers here who are strong on freedom of speech, for example, who also offer a DMCA-lax jurisdiction BUT very clearly state in their TOS that they follow the "law of the land" and that the "content must abide by the laws of the country the service is hosted within..." I would bet that there is similar language in most TOS and AUP of the DMCA-lax providers here.

But most importantly, and hopefully on a more positive and philosophical level, just because people can "get away with it" doesn't mean it is right, and I thought I'd share a reminder that the very people who are hurt by this action are the very people that create the content that we all love to consume.

Cheers and hopefully no bloodbath!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@emg said:

I can spend €5.50 on a year of LowEndSeedbox, or I can spend the same amount renting three movies on Amazon.

I occasionally went to indie theaters to "support the artists", for $10/show.
    Sometimes the artist themselves would attend the screening and talk with us.
    They are the ones need supporting.

Universal and Paramount have billions.
    They don't need supporting.

• inlandinland Member
    edited January 2023

Thanked by 2HostMT3 Void
  • @yoursunny said:
    I occasionally went to indie theaters to "support the artists", for $10/show.
    Sometimes the artist themselves would attend the screening and talk with us.
    They are the ones need supporting.

Very cool of you, and yes! Thank you for supporting independent artists. B)

@yoursunny said:
    Universal and Paramount have billions.
    They don't need supporting.

This is the common misunderstanding of how big studios operate and how they make money and produce movies, and it is incorrect. And even if you think corporate Universal and Paramount don't need supporting, the thousands of artists and artisans who work for those projects DO need your support. They are not well paid.

And I get if you perhaps feel that the people at the top make TOO much money in your opinion, that's how the contract process works and that's how they can attract the funding and the audience in the first place, but all the thousands of people who work for them are not well paid and put an enormous amount of time and effort into their jobs, which are not guaranteed, and definitely not secure long-term. With very little benefits other than the fun of working on a big production.

That includes a massive staff of normal people like you and me to get the basic process of a large production done, from the lighting people, the makeup artists, the background actors, the costume designers, the musicians, the audio post production people, the sound designers, the color correction artists, the electricians, the set builders, the caterers, the medical staff (if it's a huge production), even the writers (you'd be surprised how little some of them make on a series), down to the drivers, and on and on. Big budget films with special effects have hundreds of fx artists, matte painters, animators, programmers, IT people, and on and on.

It's a massive undertaking to make a big film, and the vast majority of those people are underpaid and/or have job insecurity. Blame the system, blame capitalism, blame Hollywood, blame Netflix, blame whomever, but when you don't pay for a legit copy or legit stream of the movie, every one of those "normal" people wonders where they'll get their next job. I could give you many examples of cities that have gone boom and bust in production work, with many talented artists wondering where they get their next paycheck. They might be your next Uber driver in a city where a studio moves out once a tax incentive ends. They might be the makeup artist who did your sister's wedding so nicely for a great deal, because she's desperate after her show got canceled by Netflix. It's a rarity that they have long-term job security.

Most people don't know that.

And in fact, most movies don't actually make a profit. A big studio has to do some pretty crazy accounting to make things balance out, and they are counting on streaming and long term licensing to make a profit to pay for the next movie or series you want to see.

Anyway, I get that some people don't want to pay and they just won't do it, period. But it's not correct to think those regular people don't need your support. Forget about thinking of a film as a some corporate project with an endless budget. No, it's a highly risky venture made by tons of people like you and me.

And congrats again on support indie artists, though, that's cool of you. It's just that 90%+ of all the people on a big film are, in fact, indie artists most of the time.

• OP has disappeared

• HostMT3HostMT3 Member
    edited January 2023

Here you have some Offshore Hosting or DMCA Ignored Hosting.

DMCA is a US Law, some countries can ignore it.

Budget from starts from 4€ (from some providers, not all)
    https://privatelayer.com
    https://alexhost.com
    https://hostslick.com
    https://incognet.io
    https://buyvm.net
    https://novogara.com
    https://bpw.sc
    https://pq.hosting
    https://svea.net
    https://prq.se
    https://swedendedicated.com
    https://njal.la
    https://flokinet.is
    https://blazingfast.io

@Snusboks said:

@monoattopia said:

@Snusboks said:

Why ?

You need help with domain and installing a wordpress theme - And you want to host illegal content. First off all, this will cost you ALOT to host due to the massive amount of resources needed to do such a thing. That said, no serious host will allow you to do this in their network, if you are not paying insane amounts of money.

You are on LowEndTalk, asking for very basic help, to pull off something that is both illegal and expensive, with zero knowledge of what you are doing.

Just dont.

Don't talk shit. Hyperlinking is not a crime. Uploading is different :)

• @jlet88 said:
    And in fact, most movies don't actually make a profit. A big studio has to do some pretty crazy accounting to make things balance out, and they are counting on streaming and long term licensing to make a profit to pay for the next movie or series you want to see.

I agree with you about the piracy, but this part is wrong. If you google "Hollywood accounting" you'll find more information, but essentially it's just a trick to avoid paying percentage based royalties or to shift tax liabilities to more favourable places.

Normally, businesses try to maximise profits whenever possible, but in this case, their goal is to just break even, maybe even make a loss to offset another tax liability, and the primary method of achieving this is by using overpriced contract services from another company they control. So that second company makes significantly more money than you might expect, but the film itself only breaks even on paper.

• @ralf said:

@jlet88 said:

I agree with you about the piracy, but this part is wrong. If you google "Hollywood accounting" you'll find more information, but essentially it's just a trick to avoid paying percentage based royalties or to shift tax liabilities to more favourable places.

Normally, businesses try to maximise profits whenever possible, but in this case, their goal is to just break even, maybe even make a loss to offset another tax liability, and the primary method of achieving this is by using overpriced contract services from another company they control. So that second company makes significantly more money than you might expect, but the film itself only breaks even on paper.

It is true that there is abuse of accounting techniques and other forms of legal and financial trickery that go on with big studios, which is very sad, and that's a known fact with many documented examples of that kind of corruption. It's disgusting and easy to find reputable sources to confirm it. That happens in every industry. Hollywood is very good at it. They've been at it for 100 years.

However, my statement that "most movies don't actually make a profit" is also absolutely true, and one of the common accounting techniques used is for precisely the reasons I mentioned. Even some films that you think are successful, don't actually make money, especially right away. And as I mentioned, the studios are counting on profits down the line from streaming and long term licensing agreements to make a profit or finance the next movie or series that we all love. Those statements are correct.

And this is especially true of independent films BTW, whether or not they get picked up for distribution in any form. And as a side note (I know we've been focusing on big studios and distributors), independent films that don't get any kind of distribution deal, which BTW form an incredible talent pool of some of the best artists starting out, almost never make profit, so when someone actually breaks through from the independent scene, they've generally already spent years and years of effort, blood, sweat and tears, with little to no financial gain, before they get a chance to work on a big film, which then pays them very little when they do finally get a shot at the big time. It's actually tragic to see how much these artists struggle financially, how many broken dreams and destroyed financial lives there are littering the path to "success" in the film industry. And frankly if people knew more of their stories, instead of the typical "media-approved" stories of success, they'd know exactly how bad the situation is.

The notion that Hollywood studios or film/media production or distribution companies in general are rolling in cash is basically a projection of the culture, amped up glamor and just a facade that they want to maintain for many reasons, self-interest being the primary one. But very few people as a percentage actually make decent money. They are almost all hoping for or looking for their big break, even those working on your favorite films that you think are big hits. But the stark reality is, and most importantly for the issues I've brought up, is that the vast majority of people who work in the industry are underpaid, underappreciated, and don't have any kind of real benefits or job security.

So it's their livelihoods that people are robbing from when people casually take their hard work and copy and stream it without paying for it. The vast majority of those artists are struggling just like everyone else. That's the whole point of what I'm talking about. And any exceptions to this are around 5-10% of the industry that everyone loves to quote and showcase as being "successful." But anyone who personally knows people in the industry and know what they go through, will know exactly what I'm talking about. Whining and complaining about how much money Hollywood has, and all the clever memes in the world, don't change the reality of what is really going on.

And on another level, even if studios were rolling in cash, and all the facade and fairy tales were true, the content is still not someone else's to take.

I'll leave it there, I think I shared my point of view and folks can agree or disagree if anyone wants to of course. One thing we probably can agree on, is that everyone is free to choose to do what they want to do, and justify it however they wish.