Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Central.so News, Feedback, and Chit-Chat! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Central.so News, Feedback, and Chit-Chat!

2»

Comments

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

• :+1:

Thanked by 1aqua
    edited January 2023

Website is up (still finishing up), billing panel will be migrated on Friday.

https://easyvm.net

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2023

@mgcAna said:

@aqua said:

@cybertech said:

@Liso said:
    I thought you already had vps on sg ?

they have been OVHed.

More then that even. What happened between us I never thought I would see.

What exactly happened, you can share ?

The provider likely suspended their services and banned their account, or just former and aqua decided to move away as it remains unclear how long it takes to solve and get it back online.

The most common way that a reseller gets fucked is by their customers sending outgoing DDoS to other OVH services, which are then reported. Internal attacks bypass the anti-ddos, so people use that to disturb the protected servers.

Path.net has exact same policy, since they have the same issue. Basically if caught multiple times, zero tolerance against repeat offenders.

@stefeman said:

@mgcAna said:

@aqua said:

@cybertech said:

@Liso said:

they have been OVHed.

The provider likely suspended their services and banned their account, or just former and aqua decided to move away as it remains unclear how long it takes to solve and get it back online.

The most common way that a reseller gets fucked is by their customers sending outgoing DDoS to other OVH services, which are then reported. Internal attacks bypass the anti-ddos, so people use that to disturb the protected servers.

Path.net has exact same policy, since they have the same issue. Basically if caught multiple times, zero tolerance against repeat offenders.

We mainly now work closely with companies, which understand that we are a IAAS provider and these incidents are completely out of our reach. We also take abuse extremely serious, and have never had a negative encounter when we receive anything from our upstreams. This helps build trust, and prove that we do not tolerate these practices.

• mcsmcs Member
    edited January 2023

@aqua said:
    Website is up (still finishing up), billing panel will be migrated on Friday.

https://easyvm.net

Congratulations on the name change and website update. The new site looks more modern, faster and more user-friendly. But of course, you need make all links work immediately and there were no redirects to the old site with important information right away, or to close search engines from indexing if the site was not completely finished. Both sites are behind cloudflare and I didn't look at the route in detail to the end point, but I'm surprised how much faster the new site is (although I see that only basic scripts are connected there compared to the old one). But in any case - if the server location for both sites is the same - the new one looks faster so far and the visualization is much better, corresponds to more real trends - when a client needs to quickly find a service and all the information about the company and make a purchase in one click - these are the right actions with your sides. As for the name - it also looks simple and concise, VPS is easy and fast for any person. As for Europe, you need to add servers in this region, of course, we will wait, especially with delicious prices. The server in America, even though I have a basic sample of the old plan, is pretty good, so I think that you have a good quality standard.

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

@stefeman said:

@mgcAna said:

@aqua said:

@cybertech said:

@Liso said:

they have been OVHed.

Oh, so the change in name is also due to the this incident ie. lets leave the bad name behind ?

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2023

@mgcAna said:

@stefeman said:

@mgcAna said:

@aqua said:

@cybertech said:

@Liso said:

they have been OVHed.

Oh, so the change in name is also due to the this incident ie. lets leave the bad name behind ?

Not really, they got their own ASN, so its likely related to that investment. Besides central.so sounds too childish compared to the current one. Besides.. its a somalian meme tld domain lol.

@stefeman said:

@mgcAna said:

@stefeman said:

@mgcAna said:

@aqua said:

@cybertech said:

@Liso said:

they have been OVHed.

Not really, they got their own ASN, so its likely related to that investment. Besides central.so sounds too childish compared to the current one. Besides.. its a somalian meme tld domain lol.

EasyVM.net sounds a lot more professional then Central.so

Tons of others agreed aswell, and our team decided on this after lots of thought.