Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New look from Froxlor & What is your best web hosting panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New look from Froxlor & What is your best web hosting panel?

I recently found out that Froxlor got a new design.
I've never been using this panel ever since 2017 but at least the new design is pretty much looking good.

I use ApisCP and DirectAdmin for shared hosting services, and use KeyHelp & ApisCP (Sometimes Hestia) for managed VPS hosting services.

What is your best alternative web hosting panel, besides cPanel/Plesk/DirectAdmin?
Which Control Panel are you willing to provide for those ones who purchased "Managed" VPS?

Thanked by 1dev077
What is your best alternative web hosting panel, besides cPanel/Plesk/DirectAdmin?
  1. What is your best alternative web hosting panel, besides cPanel/Plesk/DirectAdmin?43 votes
    1. HestiaCP / VestaCP
      18.60%
    2. Control Web Panel (CentOS Web Panel)
        2.33%
    3. ApisCP (apnscp)
        6.98%
    4. Froxlor
        4.65%
    5. KeyHelp
      16.28%
    6. Enhance
        4.65%
    7. ajenti
        0.00%
    8. Webmin + Virtualmin
      13.95%
    9. CloudPanel.io
        9.30%
    10. Interworx
        0.00%
    11. ISPmanager
        0.00%
    12. ISPConfig
        2.33%
    13. Sentora / zPanel
        0.00%
    14. Kloxo-MR
        0.00%
    15. aaPanel
        6.98%
    16. CyberPanel
      13.95%
  2. Which Control Panel are you willing to provide for those ones who purchased "Managed" VPS?43 votes
    1. cPanel / Plesk
      23.26%
    2. DirectAdmin
      39.53%
    3. ApisCP / Enhance / KeyHelp Pro / ISPManager
      11.63%
    4. Free Web Hosting Control Panel
      25.58%

Comments

• I was using aaPanel for most of my (mostly free) VPS without any sensitive information, just a simple website or blog.

But it was very slow to install, even simply MariaDB. And it took a lot of space.

Then I moved all to HestiaCP, very light, simple, easy to use. I'm happy with HestiaCP now.

Thanked by 3Ympker kdh Falzo
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@kdh Can you post some screenshots?
    from previous and new one.
    Thanks.

Thanked by 1kdh
  • HestiaCP although as @Falzo keeps saying they aren't aimed at being like CPanel or Direct Admin.

Thanked by 3kdh eris Falzo
  • @giang said:
    I was using aaPanel for most of my (mostly free) VPS without any sensitive information, just a simple website or blog.

But it was very slow to install, even simply MariaDB. And it took a lot of space.

Then I moved all to HestiaCP, very light, simple, easy to use. I'm happy with HestiaCP now.

mariaDB 10.5 installs fast.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

From Demo of Froxlor i can say it still lack lot of things. I like Hestiacp much better

• kdhkdh Member

@FatGrizzly said:
    @kdh Can you post some screenshots?
    from previous and new one.
    Thanks.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • kdhkdh Member
    edited January 2023

@giang said:
    I was using aaPanel for most of my (mostly free) VPS without any sensitive information, just a simple website or blog.

aaPanel looks kinda okay but the problem is with their security.
    Their security looks even worse than CWP.

• aaPanel

• Keyhelp.. But unfortunately developers needs to make nginx or openlitespeed / litespeed support and it will be a king in Throne.

• KeyHelp coming soon with Nginx, without any ETA

• TrKTrK Member
    edited January 2023

I recently started playing with easypanel it's not like any traditional web panel but a docker manager much like heroku or netlify, so far so good.

Thanked by 1ElonBezos
  • kdhkdh Member

@sandoz said:
    Keyhelp.. But unfortunately developers needs to make nginx or openlitespeed / litespeed support and it will be a king in Throne.

Why does people hate httpd so much?
    If you utilize event MPM, it will perform better than Nginx on PHP files & perform similar as Nginx on static files.

• @TrK said:
    I recently started playing with easypanel it's not like any traditional web panel but a docker manager much like heroku or netlify, so far so good.

App Service
    The app service helps you deploy your application code. It's very versatile.

Source
    There are two different source types

a Github repository
    a Docker image

thanks for the information, this looks good alternative to my cyberpanel..
    actually i'm planning to give yunohost a shot for easy docker installation (prefer to have gui) but maybe i should try easypanel first and play with it for a while

• TrKTrK Member

@ElonBezos said:

@TrK said:

App Service
    The app service helps you deploy your application code. It's very versatile.

Source
    There are two different source types

a Github repository
    a Docker image

thanks for the information, this looks good alternative to my cyberpanel..
    actually i'm planning to give yunohost a shot for easy docker installation (prefer to have gui) but maybe i should try easypanel first and play with it for a while

You can and they have good templates too with one click installation. I thought of using yunohost as well but i wanted something that works flawlessly with other services as well.

• sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited January 2023

@kdh said:

@sandoz said:
    Keyhelp.. But unfortunately developers needs to make nginx or openlitespeed / litespeed support and it will be a king in Throne.

If you utilize event MPM, it will perform better than Nginx on PHP files & perform similar as Nginx on static files.

I laugh it will perform better than nginx + fastcgi?
    Only for small websites probably. In big websites with high traffic your theory is discarted.

@edrebe said:
    KeyHelp coming soon with Nginx, without any ETA

If they add Openlitespeed support or litespeed that is amazing, basically they will grown faster than before. The problem is the " undefined ETA".

But Nginx as reverse proxy of apache or anything like that should be a priority...

• HestiaCP is totally different product then VestaCP...

So list them separately

• @eris said:
    HestiaCP is totally different product then VestaCP...

So list them separately

Agree, just like MyVestaCP is different than VestaCP. In my opinion.

• kdhkdh Member

@sandoz said:

@kdh said:

@sandoz said:

I laugh it will perform better than nginx + fastcgi?
    Only for small websites probably. In big websites with high traffic your theory is discarted.

Apache does not perform that great out of the box, I'll have to admit.
    But if you just try out Event MPM (Alternative MPM), it performs similar to Nginx and even outperforms it in some cases. It uses dedicated threads to deal with keep-alive connections, and hands over requests to child threads only when a request has been made. This makes it use lesser memory and makes it perform significantly faster.

• kdhkdh Member

@eris said:
    HestiaCP is totally different product then VestaCP...

So list them separately

HestiaCP is a fork of VestaCP and is a drop-in replacement of VestaCP in my opinion, which is no longer being updated.

It's functionality and the overall structrue is identical to Vesta, since it is a fork.

• @kdh said:

@giang said:

What kind of security issues u have with them ?
    Because it's made by chinese? lol.

• @cybertech said:

@giang said:

mariaDB 10.5 installs fast.

I was using Ubuntu, only Mysql 8.0 fast. MariaDB, PHP were very slow, even more than a hour and a lof of space to build, install...

• kdhkdh Member
    edited January 2023

@asthen said:

@kdh said:

@giang said:

aaPanel had a CSWH vulnerability (CVE-2021-37840) which basically allowed hackers to perform OS commands via vulnerability. They also had like 4 more severe CVEs.

This vulnerability would probably be patched by now, but I heard they were terrible at communicating, just like why I hate CWP. I'm pretty sure that this vulnerability is only the tip of the iceberg.

And stop that everyone-is-being-racist nonsense lol

• @kdh said:

aaPanel had a CSWH vulnerability (CVE-2021-37840) which basically allowed hackers to perform OS commands via vulnerability. They also had like 4 more severe CVEs.

This vulnerability would probably be patched by now, but I heard they were terrible at communicating, just like why I hate CWP. I'm pretty sure that this vulnerability is only the tip of the iceberg.

https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=aapanel
    https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=hestiacp

You can search here to find out which control panel got more security issues.

Thanked by 1asthen
  • kdhkdh Member

@giang said:

@kdh said:

I'm not using both of them and I'm not a fan of HestiaCP.
    I wasn't even comparing those two, why did that come up in the first place?

But if I need to pick one between them, I'll go with HestiaCP.
    At least they have more active developers/community & I heard that they were generally faster in responding to these issues.

And half of the CVEs you addressed scored 0.0 on CVSS :wink:

• @kdh said:

I'm not using both of them and I'm not a fan of HestiaCP.
    I wasn't even comparing those two, why did that come up in the first place?

But if I need to pick one between them, I'll go with HestiaCP.
    At least they have more active developers/community & I heard that they were generally faster in responding to these issues.

And half of the CVEs you addressed scored 0.0 on CVSS :wink:

I'm just giving information.

You listed those on the poll so I think we can talk about them?

Here is for Floxlor: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=froxlor

Thanked by 1asthen
  • @kdh said:

@asthen said:

@kdh said:

@giang said:

u are like a dumbass, oh this panel got vulnerability issues, I won't use them ever.
    that gif from 2021 , 2 years ago, probably around the time aapanel got english version.
    Any shit got bug when they first released, what matter is they are patched and everything got better, not like I am biased, but aapanel just better than other panel IMO.
    Lightweight, only install necessary packages, feature packed, free firewall, in fact, it has the less bug than other panel when I tested. just one click install everything run smoothly, other panel come with useless junk and error I don't even wanna say.

Thanked by 1edrebe
  • kdhkdh Member
    edited January 2023

@asthen said:

@kdh said:

@asthen said:

@kdh said:

@giang said:

u are like a dumbass, oh this panel got vulnerability issues, I won't use them ever.
    that gif from 2021 , 2 years ago, probably around the time aapanel got english version.
    Any shit got bug when they first released, what matter is they are patched and everything got better, not like I am biased, but aapanel just better than other panel IMO.
    Lightweight, only install necessary packages, feature packed, free firewall, in fact, it has the less bug than other panel when I tested. just one click install everything run smoothly, other panel come with useless junk and error I don't even wanna say.

1. Just look at their Github repository. They ain't really active.
    2. They aren't providing Jailed Environments. That's one of the reason I would say no on this.
    3. Look at their installation script. Why are they comparing the size of the file to check the integrity? And why the hell do they use HTTP DLs?
            tmp_size=$(du -b $openssl_src_file | awk '{print $1}')

if [ $tmp_size -lt 703460 ]; then

rm -f $openssl_src_file

Red_Error "ERROR: Download libressl-$opensslVersion source code fielded."

fi

1. Can't even begin with their code.
  • @kdh said:

@asthen said:

@kdh said:

@asthen said:

@kdh said:

@giang said:

1. Just look at their Github repository. They ain't really active.
    2. They aren't providing Jailed Environments.
    3. Look at this installation script. Why are they comparing the size of the file to check the integrity? And why the hell do they use HTTP DLs?
            tmp_size=$(du -b $openssl_src_file | awk '{print $1}')

if [ $tmp_size -lt 703460 ]; then

rm -f $openssl_src_file

Red_Error "ERROR: Download libressl-$opensslVersion source code fielded."

fi

1. Can't even begin with their code.

Then do it better since you can fork :)
    We will be waiting

• yet aapanel is the best free panel.