Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally i found a Provider that offer Real DDoS Protection.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Finally i found a Provider that offer Real DDoS Protection.

GhtGht Member
edited January 2023 in Reviews

Hello

This is not an affiliated review or something but i just wanted to share something that i have dreamed to find for years now its been 2 months that they protect every ddos attacks.

I have a large community of game servers and for years i have been attacked for no reason by kids and i have already tried every hoster in here and out of here that promised ddos protection but they all failed and my money wasted so yeah the word it's for Path Protection .

I usually get 5-20 attacks daily with big hits but what i asked for is that i didnt want my game servers to be offline even for a second , and today i say with all my pleasure that i sleep well from now on.

I also want to share the provider from where i ordered the vps server its from https://vibegames.net , they use Path Protection in EU , USA & APAC.
The support its at best grade A+ they offer Discord support and if you have any tiny problem they will fix it in minutes. They are a company registred in Netherlands so everything its safe.

So my message is for all of them who suffer from attacks try them and you will sleep well.

Here are some of my attacks that Path protected without stoping my game server even 1 second

All the best

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2023

Many providers use path.net. You can get exact same results with BuyVM and plenty of others.

Our gaming community uses dedicated servers from OVHCloud, but we have customized our networking far beyond default settings, and we also employ vrack and public cloud to mitigate some angles of attack.

Rest can be blocked with compiled eBPF/XDP or just plain iptables.

Our servers are for games that only employ single core, so shared VPS will affect the performance of that single core which we need for the srcds process. Dedicated servers from path cost a lot of more than choices from ovhcloud, so we went with cheaper but more complicated setup.

Out of the box, I agree path.net is simply the best currently. However similar results can be reached with other providers with a bit of manual work.

Thanked by 2greentea kdh
  • Clouvider has managed to block every single attack back when I hosted CSGO servers.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • GhtGht Member
    edited January 2023

@stefeman said:
    Many providers use path.net. You can get exact same results with BuyVM and plenty of others.

Our gaming community uses dedicated servers from OVHCloud, but we have customized our networking far beyond default settings, and we also employ vrack and public cloud to mitigate some angles of attack.

Our servers are for games that only employ single core, so shared VPS will affect the performance of that single core which we need for the srcds process. Dedicated servers from path cost a lot of more than choices from ovhcloud, so we went with cheaper but more complicated setup.

Out of the box, I agree path.net is simply the best currently. However similar results can be reached with other providers with a bit of manual work.

I dont agree with you about ovh , they failed to protect ddos attacks they are old fashioned right now and the attackers are bypassing them easy , i have been with them but i dont suggest anyone to use them if they are serious in game industry. And i dont want to talk about their support they are worst.

@BigDongLong , you know that exists 1000 type of cs go attacks ? and i bet they could not handle bypass or spoofed attacks. I host CS:GO game servers and im talking about my 14 years experience , i have faced every type of attacks and no one helped me i tried every best anti ddos hoster , Arbor , Voxility , Combahton , Corero etc they all failed.

• @stefeman said:

Nice comment, "We're better"

Thanked by 1greentea
  • treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited January 2023

Those are not powerful attacks at all, even smaller filtering appliances could easily filter it out. Combahton lets you manage all the rules(the best ddos filter panel I've ever seen with a VPS) but their node are not very powerful, connectivity is OK but their routers are dogshit and ipv4 flops + all the datacenter moving fuckery. I host a few vps there and recently I had shit ton of downtime caused by their system errors or other dumb shit.
    Been very nice for a year but now the quality went downhill(at least in my experience).

Regarding Path, stay away and especially if its a community - if they see something they don't like, you are fucked and they will null-route you. On another note - operated by CEO convicted criminal(also federal informant) and a CTO pedophile.

Thanked by 1kait
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2023

Keep an eye on path. They had their lawyers contact me and ask me to let them into a customer’s email account. I’m not shouting it from the rooftops but I am casually letting it slip, and there’s nothing they can do about it because it’s all documented fact and I have zero legal obligations in the jurisdiction they approached from.

edited January 2023

@jar said:
    Keep an eye on path. They had their lawyers contact me and ask me to let them into a customer’s email account. I’m not shouting it from the rooftops but I am casually letting it slip, and there’s nothing they can do about it because it’s all documented fact and I have zero legal obligations in the jurisdiction they approached from.

They faked a court order(and got called out for it) in order to compromise a server hosted in Fiberhub datacenter. So yeah, those are not your "classic" ddos protection vendors.

edited January 2023

@treesmokah said:

@jar said:

They faked a court order(and got called out for it) in order to compromise a server hosted in Fiberhub datacenter. So yeah, those are not your "classic" ddos protection vendors.

I wasn’t even named (nor my business) on the court order they sent me, and it had no local jurisdiction. It’s so funny that I would just post it if the entire thing wasn’t heavily focused around my customer’s PII. Really took a chance there that I wouldn’t know the law 😂

• KirielKiriel Member
    edited January 2023

@treesmokah said:
    Those are not powerful attacks at all, even smaller filtering appliances could easily filter it out. Combahton lets you manage all the rules(the best ddos filter panel I've ever seen with a VPS) but their node are not very powerful, connectivity is OK but their routers are dogshit and ipv4 flops + all the datacenter moving fuckery. I host a few vps there and recently I had shit ton of downtime caused by their system errors or other dumb shit.
    Been very nice for a year but now the quality went downhill(at least in my experience).

Regarding Path, stay away and especially if its a community - if they see something they don't like, you are fucked and they will null-route you. On another note - operated by CEO convicted criminal(also federal informant) and a CTO pedophile.

Path does not take action as long as what you host is legal and compliant with their terms of service.

edited January 2023

@Kiriel said:

@treesmokah said:

Path does not take action as long as what you host is legal and compliant with their terms of service. There are many people who shout these things, but in the end they did something wrong but it is never said.

Its not true, Path acts are unlawful and thus not even specified in their ToS.
    A site that exposed their CTO as a pedophile(and included all proof thus it was not even "defamation) was kicked out, got served a fake court order to compromise their servers and ddosed afterwards.
    If this sounds "lawful" to you, you clearly a person affiliated to Path and a shill.

(everything I said are NOT allegations and everything is documented).

Ironically, when Krebs dropped a piece of their CEO his site has been attacked the same day with "record breaking" attacks.
    https://krebsonsecurity.com/2016/09/ddos-mitigation-firm-has-history-of-hijacks/

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
    edited January 2023

@treesmokah said:

@Kiriel said:

@treesmokah said:

Path does not take action as long as what you host is legal and compliant with their terms of service. There are many people who shout these things, but in the end they did something wrong but it is never said.

Its not true, Path acts are unlawful and thus not even specified in their ToS.
    A site that exposed their CTO as a pedophile(and included all proof thus it was not even "defamation) was kicked out, got served a fake court order to compromise their servers and ddosed afterwards.
    If this sounds "lawful" to you, you clearly a person affiliated to Path and a shill.

(everything I said are NOT allegations and everything is documented).

Now I’m not getting into all of that, I’ll say I’m a neutral party to those accusations with no established opinion on it. My only negative opinion being one I shared above, unrelated to all of that. My opinion could even be swayed still even after what I commented, as every story has at least two perspectives.

But you’re replying to an account that has 2 comments ever, both in this thread, both could be interpreted as reasonable responses for someone representing Path.

edited January 2023

@jar said: But you’re replying to an account that has 2 comments ever, both in this thread, both could be interpreted as reasonable responses for someone representing Path.

Can be either a crypto add for a provider specified in the thread or indeed someone representing Path.

Either way, funny.

[info about how/where to find a certain user]

Mod edit (angstrom): removed

Thanked by 4jar kkrajk Pwner kait
  • @treesmokah said: A site that exposed their CTO as a pedophile(and included all proof thus it was not even "defamation) was kicked out, got served a fake court order to compromise their servers and ddosed afterwards.

Poor Kiwi farmers. So innocent hard working people... :/

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

You clearly haven't been here for that long. Tons of providers here utilize Path, and even I do.

• GhtGht Member
    edited January 2023

@treesmokah said:

Dude you are very funny "combahton" :D they use crap cpu and their ddos protection is far away from Path and you can never compare it. And it's not about How much size it's the attack but "FILTERS" , and so far nobody have the filters for Games except Path because a 1mbps attack of different ddos or sress technique and the game server will go down. And about Nullroute i have never seen my game server offline from all those attacks , NEVER. Last month i had +400gbps attacks and the game server was chilling and Online not even a second off. :)

• @Ght said: And about Nullroute i have never seen my game server offline from all those attacks , NEVER. Last month i had +400gbps attacks and the game server was chilling and Online not even a second off. :)

I have never said they will null-route you due to a ddos.
    Read my post again.

• GhtGht Member

@treesmokah said:

Yes you said " if they see something they don't like, you are fucked and they will null-route you." And my answer was that i have never seen a null-route.

Nevermind ;)

• If only there was a provider located in their Sydney POP ;)

• nullroutenullroute Member, Host Rep

If I were to analyze only the volumetry in gb/s of your attacks, I would say that this is just a blow in a concrete house. I speak as a provider focused on DDoS protection, I say that 99.9% of sophisticated attacks are no longer related to their power, but rather a methodology to affect the application, in this case taking down the game server that is hosted or affecting the tcp/udp port that the game uses for your connections.
    Path.net being a very large provider has several bypasses in its protection - like all other large providers, it is only a matter of time before someone affects your server.
    The best option is to look for a specific provider that makes a dedicated filter for your game server, and obviously have available bandwidth on your network edge to withstand volumetric attacks.

Thanked by 1Ght
  • gzzgzz Member

@jar said:

They tend to feel obligated to request things they have no authority to.

While I’m happy you’re doing great on their provider; pray you never get on their bad side @Ght. Not exactly a company full of amazing people. One of their staff scammed people on LET in 2013, using multiple aliases and fake companies. Threads are still on here if you know who to look at. Not getting into it more on here. :)

• I can't find any payment methods at vibegames.
    What do they accept? :)

• kaitkait Member
    edited January 2023

[quoted text]

[image]

Mod edit (angstrom): removed. (We're trying to de-escalate, not to escalate)

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited January 2023

@treesmokah

As far as we're concerned, @Kiriel has two non-objectionable posts here

Please don't post/spread info here about how/where to find him (or how/where to find anyone, for that matter)

@angstrom said:
    @treesmokah

Please don't post/spread info here about how/where to find him (or how/where to find anyone, for that matter)

To be fair the user had their email as public on their profile which plainly exposed their identity. It’s also probably fair to note that @Kiriel is a Path employee. It’s a fair disclosure.

Thanked by 2kait treesmokah
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited January 2023

@jar said:

@angstrom said:
    @treesmokah

To be fair the user had their email as public on their profile which plainly exposed their identity. It’s also probably fair to note that @Kiriel is a Path employee. It’s a fair disclosure.

When I checked @Kiriel 's profile here, his email was/is hidden, but perhaps he changed this after seeing @treesmokah 's comment

In any case, @treesmokah 's comment was flagged, and by any measure, it seemed to be an overreaction -- especially its not so positive tone -- to what @Kiriel actually posted here

Thanked by 3jar kait treesmokah
  • the question is: is path recommended and reliable?

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@nullroute said:
    If I were to analyze only the volumetry in gb/s of your attacks, I would say that this is just a blow in a concrete house. I speak as a provider focused on DDoS protection, I say that 99.9% of sophisticated attacks are no longer related to their power, but rather a methodology to affect the application, in this case taking down the game server that is hosted or affecting the tcp/udp port that the game uses for your connections.
    Path.net being a very large provider has several bypasses in its protection - like all other large providers, it is only a matter of time before someone affects your server.
    The best option is to look for a specific provider that makes a dedicated filter for your game server, and obviously have available bandwidth on your network edge to withstand volumetric attacks.

The methodology thing is true.

Some attacks we also get run a few minutes and then you see how attacker keeps modifying it. There also has been some that kept modifying the attack to lower amount of traffic to try and find a threshold where the protection wont kick in.

Thanked by 2nullroute maverick
    edited January 2023

@angstrom said: When I checked @Kiriel 's profile here, his email was/is hidden, but perhaps he changed this after seeing @treesmokah 's comment

Kiriel had this information public on his LET profile( I was not able to archive it as LET requires you to login before seeing user profiles- nice if it would get changed ). All the information I posted was public and frankly relevant to this conversation as he is a undisclosed shill for his employer(I doubt he can speak on technicals of their ddos protection as a graphic designer).
    That said, I don't think I broke any rule.

• GhtGht Member
    edited January 2023

@zyborg said:
    I can't find any payment methods at vibegames.
    What do they accept? :)

I paid with paypal but they have a ton of other payment options IDEAL , Bank transfer , Cards etc

@nullroute said:

I have already disccused this with the hoster and they contacted Path to make Permanent changes on the filters of my needs. But you are correct

@aqua said:
    You clearly haven't been here for that long. Tons of providers here utilize Path, and even I do.

Good to hear that but i dont want to tag specific providers here that they had Path i ordered and configures they went offline from 5mbps attacks. I actaully had an open thread asking for a vps with a ddos protection and nobody showed up just 2 providers and i tested one of them but they failed to protect so thats why i keep searched somewhere else. If you have Ryzen Servers in Europe and you guarantee money back if you fail to protect my servers then i will be ur client. But i dont have time to do tests because im tired of switching providers

Thanks for your message

@gzz i hope not because my dream will be broken tho :| but im just happy with them right now because of uptime and protection.

Thanked by 1gzz
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited January 2023

@Ght the problem here is Ryzen. There might" be other providers using enterprise HW that might have DDoS protection that works for you. Not everyone uses Desktop HW. Should drop that requirement.

This discussion has been closed.