Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Central.so News, Feedback, and Chit-Chat!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Central.so News, Feedback, and Chit-Chat!

aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Howdy Friends,

It's slowed down a bit for me, and I've been meaning to announce some new things that are coming to the table from me :smile:

Name Change

It is with great pleasure to announce that we've finally decided to change our name! After constant messages, we've decided to bit the bullet and swap it over. This does not affect anything about our services, just the name! A new website will also be done during this transition!

I will be sending out a email sometime this week with updates about it.

Central.so -> EasyVM.net

Hardware Update

We've provisioned our first 3900x Node and our overall 200th Node! We will still keep our trusty E5 servers as a "Budget" lineup to still have something to offer to those who do not need the performance of Ryzen. We're moving our focus over to newer hardware, to stay up to date with the current market and its desires.

We will start provisioning them in Dallas and then to NY.

Location Update

We have been rummaging around to see what the best options are and are slowly closing down on one. We are planning to open Europe and then venture on to APAC (probably SG :wink:)

Nothing is yet set in stone, but we've had tons of requests to offer these locations!

Network Update

We've finally been allocated our own ASN -- AS26930! We're happy about this because our plan is to venture out and add more transit to overall lower our bandwidth costs.

There's a lot to intake from this thread, if you happen to come across any questions, please feel free to ask them here or via PM.

Thanked by 2tototo SiliCloud

Comments

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Thanked by 1beanman109
  • Good. But when will you move the old vps to the new machine, 2678v3 ones. And I'm curious why do you choose 2678v3... since nowadays, 2683v4 only cost 40 usd or a bit higher each on ebay (you could probably get it for a cheaper price somewhere else), and their tdp is the same. But I'm not sure if they're compatible on the same server, the socket they use is the same, I believe they should be compatible?

• I thought you already had vps on sg ?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

> buy_vps();
    ERROR: no hostname left

• @Liso said:
    I thought you already had vps on sg ?

they have been OVHed.

@cybertech said:

@Liso said:

they have been OVHed.

More then that even. What happened between us I never thought I would see.

@TanXS said:
    Good. But when will you move the old vps to the new machine, 2678v3 ones. And I'm curious why do you choose 2678v3... since nowadays, 2683v4 only cost 40 usd or a bit higher each on ebay (you could probably get it for a cheaper price somewhere else), and their tdp is the same. But I'm not sure if they're compatible on the same server, the socket they use is the same, I believe they should be compatible?

We buy our servers wholesale and these are what they came with. I recently scored on some E5-2680v4's so those might be deployed while the current ones get full.

Thanked by 1TanXS

• EasyVM.net

I like it... ...

@HappyNewYear said:

EasyVM.net

I like it... ...

Thanked by 1sh97

• 10 - any deals?

@lala_th said:
    10 - any deals?

Expect one soon :smile:

• 11?

• Any more $6/y deal?

😂😂

• ljxljx Member

12%

• got one, great job.

• bdlbdl Member

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2023

@TanXS said:
    Good. But when will you move the old vps to the new machine, 2678v3 ones. And I'm curious why do you choose 2678v3... since nowadays, 2683v4 only cost 40 usd or a bit higher each on ebay (you could probably get it for a cheaper price somewhere else), and their tdp is the same. But I'm not sure if they're compatible on the same server, the socket they use is the same, I believe they should be compatible?

old ass blade servers with old ass motherboards are cheaper and come with v3 support.

Blades are better for budget VPS hosting since you can get more host machines into same rack compared to 1U servers.

You can even put a full rack or two racks worth of servers into half rack, so its much cheaper to colocate with a single 10G uplink.

Rack space generally costs more than power or bandwidth.

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

@aqua said:

@cybertech said:

@Liso said:

they have been OVHed.

What exactly happened, you can share ?

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited January 2023

@aqua said: We are planning to open Europe

Would be great if you guys bring back the RBX location. I used to enjoy my RBX black friday server before you guys terminated contract with OVH.

edited January 2023

@stefeman said:

@TanXS said:

old ass blade servers with old ass motherboards are cheaper and come with v3 support.

Blades are better for budget VPS hosting since you can get more host machines into same rack compared to 1U servers.

You can even put a full rack or two racks worth of servers into half rack, so its much cheaper to colocate with a single 10G uplink.

Rack space generally costs more than power or bandwidth.

I wish, we use R630's.

Most of our dedicated servers are blades.

@mgcAna said:

@aqua said:

@cybertech said:

@Liso said:

they have been OVHed.

What exactly happened, you can share ?

I'm not allowed to.

@kalimov622 said:

@aqua said: We are planning to open Europe

Would be great if you guys bring back the RBX location. I used to enjoy my RBX black friday server before you guys terminated contract with OVH.

Something in EU is coming.