Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVHcloud Game Dedicated Servers @ 50% off first month with no setup fees and no lock-ins
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVHcloud Game Dedicated Servers @ 50% off first month with no setup fees and no lock-ins

OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

Trial a Game Dedicated Server, at a slash of the price!

• 50% off the first month + No setup fee + No commitment required
  • Selection of bare metal game servers with high frequency CPUs for the best single threaded performance
  • Designed for gaming communities, developers, studios, publishers, hosting resellers & more!
  • Offer ends on 30th January 2023

Eco Game Range

KS-GAME-APAC-1-1 Dedicated Server:

• Intel i7-6700K - 4c/8t - 4 GHz/4.2 GHz
  • 32GB DDR4 2133MHz
  • 2× 480GB SSD SATA + 1× 4TB HDD SATA Soft RAID
  • 100Mbit/s - 5TB traffic quota/month*
  • Exclusive DDoS Game Protection included
  • Singapore or Australia locations
  • From US$33 ex.GST first month (Subsequently US$65.99 ex.GST/month)
  • Inclusive of free setup fees worth US$65.99

SYS-GAME-APAC-1-2 Dedicated Server:

• Intel i7-7700K - 4c/8t - 4.2 GHz/4.5 GHz
  • 64GB DDR4 2400MHz
  • 2 x 450 GB SSD NVMe Soft RAID + 1 x 4 TB HDD SATA Soft RAID
  • 250 Mbit/s - 10TB traffic quota/month*
  • Singapore or Australia locations
  • From US$46 ex.GST first month (Subsequently US$91.99 ex.GST/month)
  • Inclusive of free setup fees worth US$91.99

AMD Ryzen Game Range

Game-1 Dedicated Server:

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - 6c/12t - 3.7GHz/4.6GHz
  • Up to 64GB DDR4 ECC
  • 2 x 500GB SSD NVMe
  • 250Mbps Bandwidth (Burst 1Gbps) - 25TB traffic quota/month*
  • Asia-Pacific, Europe or North America locations
  • From US$60 ex.GST first month (Subsequently US$119.99 ex.GST/month)
  • Inclusive of free setup fees worth US$119.99

Shop Game Range offers (choose according to where you are from):

Asia (Billing in US$): Click here
Australia (Billing in A$): Click here
India (Billing in US$): Click here
Singapore (Billing in S$): Click here
Rest of the world (Billing in US$): Click here

*Applicable for dedicated servers hosted in Australia or Singapore:
Outbound Traffic: Limited and subjected to the quota specified on the server. Optionally, you may opt for unmetered traffic at additional cost.
Inbound Traffic: Unmetered
Traffic quota resets every month and when quota is exceeded, the outbound bandwidth is capped to 10Mbps.

About OVHcloud

OVHcloud is a global player and the leading European cloud provider operating 400,000 servers within its own 32 data centers across 4 continents. For more than 20 years, the Group has been leveraging an integrated model that provides full control of our value chain, from designing our servers to managing our data centers through to orchestrating our fibre-optic network. This unique approach enables OVHcloud to cover, independently, the full spectrum of use cases for our 1.6 million customers across 140 countries. OVHcloud now offers customers the latest-generation solutions that combine high performance, predictable pricing, and full data sovereignty to support their unfettered growth.

Comments

• TitanHWTitanHW Member
    edited January 2023

Only 50% off the first month? That doesn't seem very sincere, my OVH friend

Thanked by 1Pawan
  • Only first month off.. sadly :smile:

• I hate only first month off or only first year off

• @cgs3238 said:
    I hate only first month off or only first year off

What can be done if prices have inflation next billing :s

• @OVH_APAC said:

India (Billing in US$): Click here

gasps

• I hope you waive off / remove the "setup fees" permanently :smile:

• ngl, you can find better deals at the hetzner auction :/

Thanked by 1Pawan
  • 🥱

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@Pawan said:
    I hope you waive off / remove the "setup fees" permanently :smile:

All our Dedicated Servers benefits from free setup fee when the service is committed for 6 months or more.
    For month to month (no lock-in contract), a setup fee generally applies except when we have some promotional offers like this one on Asia-Pacific hosted Dedicated servers.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Kinda crazy that OVH game line in the US, Canada, and Europe are now more expensive at normal rates than the majority of smaller companies. How times have changed! And how old clients have gotten screwed.

@MikeA said:
    Kinda crazy that OVH game line in the US, Canada, and Europe are now more expensive at normal rates than the majority of smaller companies. How times have changed! And how old clients have gotten screwed.

Hello MikeA, We aim to have a very competitive pricing in Asia-Pacific locations but also all other datacenter locations around the globe. For EU/NAM, would you mind sharing links or names of better offers? I will be happy to raise this internally.

• you have routing issue from SG to Indonesia, don't expect serious business from Indonesia customer

• @MikeA said:

I agree, ended up giving up my USA server as their recent price increase along with IP was costing much higher than some of the USA providers which I was able to pickup at much better price.

@bula said:

@MikeA said:

I agree, ended up giving up my USA server as their recent price increase along with IP was costing much higher than some of the USA providers which I was able to pickup at much better price.

Hello @bula , would you mind sharing links or names of better offers, here or via PM? I will be happy to raise this internally and do a comparison as OVHcloud aims to provide the best price-performance ratio.
    OVHcloud Game Dedicated Servers also comes with:

• Anti-DDoS: https://www.ovhcloud.com/asia/security/anti-ddos/
    • Game Specific Anti-DDoS: https://www.ovhcloud.com/asia/security/game-ddos-protection/ (list of game available on the bottom of the page).
    • free backup storage space (except Kimsufi servers) up to 500GB depending on the server range)
    • SLA: servers benefit from a service level agreement (SLA) >= 99.9%
    • IPMI and KVM on IP: IPMI console which can be accessed via the OVHcloud Control Panel or API, and provides you with a direct connection to your dedicated server (except Kimsufi servers).
    • 24/7 Monitoring and interventions
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@OVH_APAC For similar performance hardware like OVH's Ryzen you can get the same for $90-150/m. I can get comparable Intel and AMD with same RAM and NVMe for much cheaper since OVH does not allow custom deals with upfront lump payments. Separately, many providers, specifically on LET offer similar hardware at $100~/m. If you'd like a list, I can create one and PM you. Also if you actually have any power to offer non-standard pricing or know someone that can, without committing a million dollars upfront, let me know. The only redeeming feature for OVH is the Game firewall, it is the sole reason I still use OVH. The SLA, storage space, IPMI, and monitoring means very little frankly.

When it comes to APAC locations OVH if still of course a generally good deal. I unfortunately am referring to US, CA, and EU locations, which have had constant price increases when new hardware ranges are done 1-2 yearly.

Thanked by 2Pawan mgcAna
  • @didtav said:
    you have routing issue from SG to Indonesia, don't expect serious business from Indonesia customer

Do you mean routing issue for specific yet largest ISP? Yeah, blame to your ISP. See here https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3256106/#Comment_3256106

You can see latency from other Indonesia's ISP to OVH SG here https://sin1-sgcs2.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=APAC.AS17451

Thanked by 1maverick
  • @MikeA said:
    @OVH_APAC For similar performance hardware like OVH's Ryzen you can get the same for $90-150/m. I can get comparable Intel and AMD with same RAM and NVMe for much cheaper since OVH does not allow custom deals with upfront lump payments. Separately, many providers, specifically on LET offer similar hardware at $100~/m. If you'd like a list, I can create one and PM you. Also if you actually have any power to offer non-standard pricing or know someone that can, without committing a million dollars upfront, let me know. The only redeeming feature for OVH is the Game firewall, it is the sole reason I still use OVH. The SLA, storage space, IPMI, and monitoring means very little frankly.

When it comes to APAC locations OVH if still of course a generally good deal. I unfortunately am referring to US, CA, and EU locations, which have had constant price increases when new hardware ranges are done 1-2 yearly.

Why not just share the list here since they asked it specifically? I think others are also interested

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

Despite what all @MikeA said, OVH was still darling of many because of their one time IP fee, now they don't have that advantage, it must be tough time for them. Had few servers with them, moved away to some better deals for similar hardware.

• when i read the title i thought they are reselling shadow's service under their own brand.

Hi all, for info, this offer has been extended to 7th February.

Thanked by 1DediRoot
  • Are there any Valentine's Day promotions? ;)

@fadedmaple said:
    Are there any Valentine's Day promotions? ;)

Hi @fadedmaple , afraid we don't have anything specific for Valentines but we do have some offers on going : https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/deals/