Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crunchbits upgrading ryzen & epyc packages of existing customers for free! 2xRam, Free Block Storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crunchbits upgrading ryzen & epyc packages of existing customers for free! 2xRam, Free Block Storage

raza19raza19 Veteran
edited January 2023 in General

I have had their kvm ssd plan for almost a month now and it has been awesome. Never had that much bang for buck offered here on LET anytime in history. For weeks now I had been contemplating if I shud have jumped to their nvme or epyc packages when they came with discount at xmas & the new years. Just logged into crunchbits' control panel to find the following msg:

Ryzen and High Frequency Migrations!
    We will be migrating all Ryzen and High Frequency EPYC customers to new, faster, and bigger nodes.

What is changing:

Double the RAM for both Ryzen and High Frequency VPSes
            HDD Block Storage included for Ryzen VPSes
            Monthly recurring prices for both base plans will not change despite the additional resources.

When is it changing:

Starting on Wednesday, January 18th at 10:00AM PST
        We encourage everyone to use their free backup slot ahead of time to be extra safe.

What else?

Depending on your workload, it is possible that your VM will need to be restarted after it has been migrated.
        Depending on your node change and workload, you may be prompted about "Remote Host Identification Has Changed". If you need help with this, please open a technical support ticket.
        This process should be completely seamless and unnoticed for 99% of users, but if something does come up please open a high-priority support ticket.

They all getting free block storage !!!!! Who else thinks they shud have gotten the deals :sweat_smile: You can't order them now, I tried (a) @crunchbits offer us some free block storage too :) Anyways, I am actually pretty satisfied with my vps to the point where i am deciding to retire 2 of my small dedis from ikoula or ovh.

Wish you the best @crunchbits .

Comments

• yeah, i've got there 2GB RAM plan. Now it will be 4GB.
    hope 25GB space gets HDD block

Thanked by 1raza19
  • @JasonM said:
    yeah, i've got there 2GB RAM plan. Now it will be 4GB.

thats just super at the old discounted price! I bet these deals are gonna trade in service-transfers on a premium :wink:

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@raza19 said:
    I have had their kvm ssd plan for almost a month now and it has been awesome. Never had that much bang for buck offered here on LET anytime in history. For weeks now I had been contemplating if I shud have jumped to their nvme or epyc packages when they came with discount at xmas & the new years. Just logged into crunchbits' control panel to find the following msg:

Ryzen and High Frequency Migrations!
    >   We will be migrating all Ryzen and High Frequency EPYC customers to new, faster, and bigger nodes.
    > 
    >   What is changing:
    > 
    >           Double the RAM for both Ryzen and High Frequency VPSes
    >           HDD Block Storage included for Ryzen VPSes
    >           Monthly recurring prices for both base plans will not change despite the additional resources.
    > 
    >   When is it changing:
    > 
    >       Starting on Wednesday, January 18th at 10:00AM PST
    >       We encourage everyone to use their free backup slot ahead of time to be extra safe.
    > 
    >   What else?
    > 
    >           Depending on your workload, it is possible that your VM will need to be restarted after it has been migrated.
    >       Depending on your node change and workload, you may be prompted about "Remote Host Identification Has Changed". If you need help with this, please open a technical support ticket.
    >       This process should be completely seamless and unnoticed for 99% of users, but if something does come up please open a high-priority support ticket.
    > 

They all getting free block storage !!!!! Who else thinks they shud have gotten the deals :sweat_smile: You can't order them now, I tried (a) @crunchbits offer us some free block storage too :) Anyways, I am actually pretty satisfied with my vps to the point where i am deciding to retire 2 of my small dedis from ikoula or ovh.

Wish you the best @crunchbits .

They'll be back in stock, but only after we're confident existing customers were taken care of first and everything is good to go.

I know there has been a ton of requests for the storage VPSes as well to come back in stock--and they will, just waiting on this process first.

@JasonM said:
    yeah, i've got there 2GB RAM plan. Now it will be 4GB.

Unfortunately the High Frequency/NVMe VPS hypervisors don't allow us to offer the local storage add-on the same way the Ryzen chassis we use do. Something is coming for the NVMe and SSD plans too, though :)

Thanked by 1raza19
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Waiting for push-ups payment to open again.
    I have $30 deposited so far.
    When I get to enough credits for three years of 2GB server, I can place order.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Can new customers get this too?

@Arkas said:

They will. These are going to be the new plans going forward, just didn't want to start delivering to new customers first before existing were all good and kinks worked out since it does involve migrating them to the better nodes. Should generally be completely seamless, but always edge cases.

@yoursunny said:

The squat market collapsed. I would still make exceptions for pushup market which is holding strong.

Thanked by 3Arkas fitkoh raza19
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@crunchbits said:

@Arkas said:

They will. These are going to be the new plans going forward, just didn't want to start delivering to new customers first before existing were all good and kinks worked out since it does involve migrating them to the better nodes. Should generally be completely seamless, but always edge cases.

@yoursunny said:

The squat market collapsed. I would still make exceptions for pushup market which is holding strong.

You're handling yoursunny mate, it'll collapse soon. Watch my man send you him doing 200 pushups or even more

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@FatGrizzly said:
    You're handling yoursunny mate, it'll collapse soon. Watch my man send you him doing 200 pushups or even more

How dare you underestimate my financial stupidity!

Thanked by 1fitkoh
  • @crunchbits said:

@FatGrizzly said:

How dare you underestimate my financial stupidity!

Have promo code?
    I miss promo ~