Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Nextus Bytes failure, lost all data, no support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Nextus Bytes failure, lost all data, no support

edited January 2023 in Reviews

I have been hosting an email server on Nexus Bytes for a couple of years now. I selected MNB because Jay was awesome and made me feel comfortable using their service. Something changed middle of 2022 when reliability and support response times cratered. For the past 4 days our server has been unreachable and shows offline in the customer portal. We submitted a support ticket with multiple updates and screenshots. We received a single response, "We're working on it, and we're committed to fixing it as soon as possible.". That was 3 days ago. We started demanding updates yesterday, but we have only received a single sentence reply reading, "Please wait for updates as we continue to work on this problem.".

We have no idea why our server is unavailable or how much data has been lost (assuming anything can be recovered). We have backups but building a new mail server from backups is never an easy task.

Anyone thinking of trusting Nexus Bytes with their semi-important data should reconsider. Their prices are inexpensive but if they can't keep your server online or your data from being lost then cheap (or "free") means little.

(Yes. We have backups. Just trying to save others from alot of downtime and suffering.)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.