Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hivelocity Acquires Bare Metal and VPS Provider Heficed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hivelocity Acquires Bare Metal and VPS Provider Heficed

HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider

Hivelocity, an industry-leading IaaS and Bare Metal Cloud provider, is pleased to announce our acquisition of UK-based Bare Metal and VPS hosting provider, Heficed. Under the terms of this new deal, Heficed.com, its customers, select staff, and their data center locations will all fold into the Hivelocity brand.

“This acquisition represents a fantastic opportunity for our clients old and new,” says Mike Architteto, CEO and co-founder of Hivelocity. “By combining Heficed’s impressive list of data center locations and VPS hosting options with our own global network of data centers and premium dedicated server hosting, our world-class infrastructure solutions will now reach an even wider audience of users. This merger means not only access to important new global markets but new product offerings as well, expanding our already extensive catalogue of hosting solutions to offer even greater options to our customers around the world.”

For existing customers of Heficed, we’d like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Hivelocity family and assure you that although things are changing, any effects on your service during this transition will be kept to a minimum. We look forward to showing you first-hand the Hivelocity difference that has attracted many customers like yourself to our services.

To our existing Hivelocity customers, this acquisition means several exciting additions over the coming months. As part of the data centers we are absorbing from Heficed, we’ll now have three new data center locations for our clients to deploy bare metal from: São Paulo, BR, Johannesburg, ZA, and Lagos, NG. More details on these new options to come, so keep an eye on our blog and your email for more information as it’s released.

About Hivelocity

Founded in 2002, Hivelocity is a privately held company that has been a fixture in the dedicated server hosting industry for 20 years. With 40+ international locations operating in 29 global markets across 6 continents, Hivelocity’s Bare Metal Cloud solutions can help you reach 80% of the world’s internet population in under 25 milliseconds.

To learn more about Hivelocity, visit our website at: https://www.hivelocity.net.

Comments

• congrats.

can we expect any offers :)

• @ehab said:
    congrats.

Yep, an introductory offer would be amazing!

• @lala_th said:

@ehab said:
    congrats.

Yep, an introductory offer would be amazing!

free is even better.

Thanked by 1kait
  • Do a crazy limited yearly deal and @yoursunny will surely record you some workout videos.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider

I do know we intend to do some pre-order deals on bare metal. I am sure we will do some specials on VPS as well once we get settled in. We will make posts here once those deals are ready to go.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@Hivelocity said:

Hivelocity, an industry-leading IaaS and Bare Metal Cloud provider, is pleased to announce our acquisition of UK-based Bare Metal and VPS hosting provider, Heficed. Under the terms of this new deal, Heficed.com, its customers, select staff, and their data center locations will all fold into the Hivelocity brand.

I always thought Heficed is Lithuanian company :|

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

Well that explains the Heficed / IPXO split....

@vero said:

@Hivelocity said:

They are/were a UK company with a Lithuanian R&D branch.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I went to the site looking to get a UK VPS and the option isn’t there?? @Hivelocity

I have been desperate to get a UK VPS on your network!

Thanked by 1stvna

@JamesF said:
    I went to the site looking to get a UK VPS and the option isn’t there?? @Hivelocity

I have been desperate to get a UK VPS on your network!

We have some work to do before Heficed servers and VPS are on our network. Everyone will know once that work is complete but it will likely be a few months. In the meantime you can purchase servers and VPS from Heficed and know that eventually it will be transitioned over to Hivelocity and managed within myVelocity.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2023

@Hivelocity thats great! But I can’t see any UK VPS servers??

Even on @SpeedyKVM

@JamesF said:
    @Hivelocity thats great! But I can’t see any UK VPS servers??

Even on @SpeedyKVM

Please give us a little bit of time. The acquisition was just completed. We will begin working on scaling the previous Heficed infra soon but we are not there yet.

• Congrats.

Nice to see Hivelocity growing.

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited January 2023

Weren't they the ones who rebranded multiple times after they fraudulently obtained IP addresses from AFRINIC

https://vpsboard.com/threads/host1plus-digital-energy-technologies-premium-ip-hoarding-proof-inside.7783/

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/172579/cloud-innovations-ip-space-is-going-to-be-revoked-by-afrinic/p1

If you're not convinced that Heficed is host1plus, they literally uploaded a YouTube video:

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@vero said:

@Hivelocity said:

It is, well, kind of, as a look at their team page clearly shows - only not officially/legally. Legally they are a UK company (just like facebook is a Luxembourg company. Or was it irish? Or both?).

Hivelocity on the other hand clearly is a company where hard disks NEVAR walk out of their cage. The blue-haired techie makes bloody sure of that. Just see the image on their site. Those screws won't move anytime soon. Although it's not perfect, as she neither uses locktight nor does she weld the disks into the cage.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

They're registered in UK for sure. Interesting set of accounts - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/06848949/filing-history

@Kassem said:
    Congrats.

Nice to see Hivelocity growing.

Thank you Kassem.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Also congrats! Sorry missed that off my last message :)

edited January 2023

@Zare said:
    Also congrats! Sorry missed that off my last message :)

Many thanks to you and your team as well. Hope you all are doing well and 2023 is amazing…for all of us.