Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay or leave
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay or leave

logaritselogaritse Member
edited January 2023 in General

i know let offer is cheap, but its kinda awkward.

If you have vps (KVM) but cannot have longer uptime (it seems node server always reboot) i don't know whats the problem. Do you stay or leave it find other provider ?

i'm watching for 3 months since signup, but uptime cannot more than 20 days. its no good for customer / production lol

Comments

• name the provider or forever hold your silence.

Thanked by 3paijrut greentea equalz
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Leave it no use for production and either for hobby project

• If it's for production, leave it and find another provider that has great uptime.

Thanked by 1logaritse
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@logaritse said: Do you stay or leave it find other provider ?

It depends.

Is the provider able to identify and fix the underlying issue(s) that's causing the reboot/downtime?

If yes, they'll need to deal with it and implement it.

If not, pick another provider and move on.

Thanked by 1logaritse
  • Hmm..I thought they were done with migrations.

• @DP said:

It depends.

Is the provider able to identify and fix the underlying issue(s) that's causing the reboot/downtime?

good reason, 1st reboot they give information that node server having problem, but 2nd and 3rd reboot they didn't give any information, just found my kvm uptime only a few hours. I think 3 months is enough to find out that good or nay for production.

• @cybertech said:
    name the provider or forever hold your silence.

This

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited January 2023

I will leave it

I prefer server that have good uptime and minimal downtime/reboot possible even cost or downside performance is not too great

so uptime & price for first, performance second

Eg: I have 2 experimental virmach vps that always randomly down or something happen witthout i know at last once every 3 months (1 in Frankfurt , 1 in Tokyo) , don;t know what happened but too lazy to ask, too many problem even they cannot stand for their uptime , i will not renew it this year even they are cheap enough, maybe it useful for someone that toying it and rape/gangbang their cpu performance but it is not for me

honestly I better like their old colocrossing version that witstand their uptime 1+ years + less toxic fans

And now just because too hype for big migration and upgrading to newer hardware or network made their people toxic also just because too hype for nothing

Thanked by 1logaritse
  • @paijrut said:

@cybertech said:
    name the provider or forever hold your silence.

This

let me know their reason first, i don't want to give negative judgement before they give me good reason for low uptime, event for 30 days lol

• Go check on the DN to see if that metric is good before deciding to stay or leave.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@HalfEatenPie said:
    Go check on the DN to see if that metric is good before deciding to stay or leave.

Excuse me, Whats DN? Am I too dirty to see the naughty meaning here?

• @logaritse said:

for 3 months since signup, but uptime cannot more than 20 days.

Lol

production

Lol

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited January 2023

@FatGrizzly said:

@HalfEatenPie said:
    Go check on the DN to see if that metric is good before deciding to stay or leave.

Excuse me, Whats DN? Am I too dirty to see the naughty meaning here?

GO LOOK AT DEEZE NUTS

gotem

Thanked by 3bdl jackb SinV
  • @logaritse said:
    let me know their reason first, i don't want to give negative judgement before they give me good reason for low uptime, event for 30 days lol

what? facts are not judgement. what's the uptime on your vps and who is the provider? those are facts.

• Leave. There are plenty of cheap-as-chips providers who have decent uptime. Unless you have a particularly good deal, there's no reason to stay with a service that you obviously think is sub-standard.

• LEAVE. SUE THEM !!!!

• @logaritse said:

@DP said:

It depends.

good reason, 1st reboot they give information that node server having problem, but 2nd and 3rd reboot they didn't give any information, just found my kvm uptime only a few hours. I think 3 months is enough to find out that good or nay for production.

are you talking about @HostSailor? cuz I have that problem now with them...

• HostSailorHostSailor Member, Patron Provider

@cold said:

@logaritse said:

@DP said:

It depends.

can you contact us via direct messages and clarify the problem you are facing with us, and I will do my best to help you to solve it asap

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@cold said:
    LEAVE. SUE THEM !!!!

Spend 1000$'s of dollars for lawyers for a ~10$ vps to sue them for your productional use yielding damage amounts of 100$

• @HostSailor said:

@cold said:

@logaritse said:

@DP said:

It depends.

can you contact us via direct messages and clarify the problem you are facing with us, and I will do my best to help you to solve it asap

thnaks a lot, very kind of you. I solved the problem. I canceled my service.

• unless they got an sla with specific uptime target, you get what you pay for. just switch to something more robust even if it costs twice as much. unless your business is a lemonade stand.