Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speedypage upgrades VPS without cost increase
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Speedypage upgrades VPS without cost increase

I have a cheap VPS with them and today I received this

We would like to announce planned maintenance that will occur on the physical machine hosting your service with us in the United Kingdom.

Date: Friday, January 20th, 2023
Maintenance window: 03:00 - 09:00 GMT
Maintenance impact: Up to 3 hours, however likely to be much lower

This maintenance period is for a major upgrade to the server that your plan is hosted on. Currently, you are located on our legacy architecture that makes use of older hardware such as Intel Xeon E5 CPU's and Generation 3 of NVMe drives. This maintenance will at no additional cost, upgrade your service to be based on an AMD Ryzen 5950X CPU, using Generation 4 NVMe drives. We will be also increasing your network service speed from 1Gbps to 5Gbps. This change will drastically improve the performance of your service.

This maintenance period will not affect your service in any way shape or form. There will be a brief period of downtime while the upgrade takes place, however we will try to keep this to as minimal as possible and things will come back online automatically with nothing required from you to complete.

If you have any questions or queries regarding this upgrade, please do not hesitate to reply to this email to open a support ticket and we can assist with any queries you may have.

Kind Regards,
SpeedyPage

Thank you so much @speedypage :)

Thanked by 2speedypage maverick

Comments

• Looks awesome. Btw, any VPS deal @speedypage ?

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited January 2023

Got the email as well. I hope they will have a new VPS sale. What do you think @speedypage :wink: ?

Thanked by 1lala_th
  • Didn't get the email also the service of late has been up and down like a yo-yo

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2023

No problem @Carlin0 <3

@corbpie said:
    Didn't get the email also the service of late has been up and down like a yo-yo

Can you please reach out to our support team regarding this at [email protected]? I’d be keen to get this resolved for you.

I’m aware of 1 hypervisor in Ashburn that we’re currently having issues with but other than that, our servers are usually very stable.

If you didn’t receive an email, this should mean that you’re already located on Ryzen.

Thanked by 3kait Carlin0 i4P1
  • When you restocked Singapore @speedypage ? Need a 8gb VM.

@Dazzle said:
    When you restocked Singapore @speedypage ? Need a 8gb VM.

We have shipped 4 new hypervisors to Singapore about a week ago, it's just pending arriving in Singapore and then customs clearance. I anticipate we will be partially restocked in about a week, as we already also have a long list of pre-orders.

I'd recommend reaching out to [email protected] to secure a place on the new hypervisors if you do not want to risk missing out.

Thanked by 1Dazzle

@Arkas said:
    Got the email as well. I hope they will have a new VPS sale. What do you think @speedypage :wink: ?

@lala_th said:
    Looks awesome. Btw, any VPS deal @speedypage ?

Maybe a bit in the future, likely on non-Ryzen based hardware. Our prices are already very affordable, near the best in the market in some regions for 5950X based hardware so we don't want to go so cheap that it's unsustainable and deadpool in 3 months.

We're looking at a more budget friendly range in Singapore to start with, on some chonky EPYC hardware :)

• Carlin0Carlin0 Member
    edited January 2023

@corbpie said:
    Didn't get the email also the service of late has been up and down like a yo-yo

My VPS in UK it is very stable

• @speedypage Do you have a plan to extend servers in India?

This discussion has been closed.