Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner auction price performance ratio experiences
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner auction price performance ratio experiences

Hi All!

I think I'm not the only one who look Hetzner's auction to rent a good price-performance ratio server. I'm new at Hetzner auction, and I'm thinking on what is the best deal if not neccessary immediately.

For example, I saw 2512 GB SSD disks with I7-6700 CPU for 32 Eur (without VAT). After the auction hours, the price droped to 31 Eur. I see higher configs for 34--35 Eur (e.g. 21TB SSD).

So my question, what might the best deal on earlier experience, what are the best price-performance ratio auctions in your previous experience? Is it possible that the 2*1 TB droped to 32--33 Eur?

Comments

• I’m not sure about the exact lowest price for that exact model, but generally Hetzner:

1. Offer good price to performance ratio on their Auction servers
    2. Have higher prices now compared to like two years ago (or at least it feels that way)
    3. The best value deal will constantly vary depending on what they’ve got too much of ATM (I’d guess)

I’d just decide on minimum specs and get a server whenever there’s one that fits the requirements perfectly and is resonable priced.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@adns said:
    So my question, what might the best deal on earlier experience, what are the best price-performance ratio auctions in your previous experience? Is it possible that the 2*1 TB droped to 32--33 Eur?

I would choose the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 in this price range.

• @emgh said:
    The best value deal will constantly vary depending on what they’ve got too much of ATM (I’d guess)

Also on how closely that aligns what you currently need/want, of course. Sometimes the high storage servers (several large HDDs) look cheap compared to faster ones (better CPU, maybe more RAM, SSD storage), but look again some months later than that switches.

• Until recently, I had also been very interested in Hetzner auction servers, but unfortunately, latency to the US was poor, for example. So for my needs they weren't an ideal solution, and I decided against using them.

But yes, the price/performance ratio in general is very good, but make sure you also factor in the network latency and related issues for your specific geographic needs into your decisions. Good luck!

• I look the 21TB NVMe one with an I7-8700 CPU but it seems that might not be cheaper than 45--46 Eur with VAT. So buy a 2512 GB one and the smallest storage box seems better idea.

Thanks for everyone!