Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low Commit IP Transit at Fremont 2 (Warm Springs) - Get Multi-homed for less - $100/year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low Commit IP Transit at Fremont 2 (Warm Springs) - Get Multi-homed for less - $100/year

pigscanflypigscanfly Member, Host Rep

Are you in need of a reasonable and affordable transit solution? Look no further! At Hurricane Electric's Fremont 2, we offer value-priced packages starting at just 10mb. With multiple upstreams available, you can easily access missing IPv6 routes. Our ASN is AS399306.

We support both copper and fiber cross-connects. Check out our pricing plans:

10mb (on a 10mb port) for $100/year
100mb (on a 100mb port) for just $300/year

To offer such great value, we've minimized our overhead costs, including using one core router (albeit an overpowered 100g router).

Need something more customized or have any questions? Don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].

Thanked by 2greentea mike1s

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

As seen on bgp.tools for AS399306:

https://pigscanfly.ca/

PHP script '/var/www/pcf/app/app_model.php' is protected by SourceGuardian and requires a SourceGuardian loader 'ixed.8.1.lin' to be installed.

1) Click here to download the required 'ixed.8.1.lin' loader from the SourceGuardian site
    2) Install the loader to /usr/lib/php/20210902
    3) Edit /etc/php/8.1/apache2/php.ini and add 'extension=ixed.8.1.lin' directive
    4) Restart the web server

Thanked by 2greentea Aluminat

@pigscanfly said:
    With multiple upstreams available, you can easily access missing IPv6 routes.

Can you post traceroute or mtr to 2001:550:1::cc01 ?

Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

10 Mb transit? Sign me up! Nice product image too!

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

How did this work?
    First post and already making an ad?
    Am I missing something?

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    How did this work?
    Am I missing something?

Patron Provider?

• what is the TOS?

@shajeeafzal said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    How did this work?
    Am I missing something?

Patron Provider?

@DP @raindog308 does being a Patron Provider override all posting rules?

Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited December 2022

@yoursunny said:

@pigscanfly said:

Their subs are unreachable from Cognet, as expected.

Thanked by 1greentea

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    @DP @raindog308 does being a Patron Provider override all posting rules?

In the past, an account must have some age and some posts before being able to apply for a provider tag.
    This rule is no longer present in the current policy.

• Currently only @BilohBucks matter. There are no rules as long as you pay.

• pigscanflypigscanfly Member, Host Rep

@treesmokah said:

@yoursunny said:

@pigscanfly said:

Their subs are unreachable from Cognet, as expected.

Added a looking glass instance https://lg.pigscanfly.ca/

Our cogent routes were down earlier (had route flapping with our upstream we get cogentco through) but they're back in.

holden@nani:~$ traceroute 2001:550:1::cc01
    traceroute to 2001:550:1::cc01 (2001:550:1::cc01), 30 hops max, 80 byte packets
    1 _gateway (2602:fcb1::1337:1) 0.106 ms 0.077 ms 0.058 ms
    2 2001:b18:cccc::1 (2001:b18:cccc::1) 1.466 ms 1.448 ms 1.430 ms
    3 hu0-3-0-5.rcr21.b003070-1.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com (2001:550:2:b::67:1) 1.827 ms 1.831 ms 1.932 ms
    4 be2681.ccr21.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com (2001:550:0:1000::9a36:5e9) 2.447 ms be2682.ccr22.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com (2001:550:0:1000::9a36:6a9) 2.336 ms be2681.ccr21.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com (2001:550:0:1000::9a36:5e9) 2.485 ms
    5 * * *
    6 * * *
    7 be3036.ccr22.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com (2001:550:0:1000::9a36:1f5a) 38.579 ms * *
    8 * be2832.ccr42.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com (2001:550:0:1000::9a36:2caa) 50.152 ms *
    9 * * *
    10 * * *
    11 be3338.rcr21.iad03.atlas.cogentco.com (2001:550:0:1000::9a36:2fa) 69.076 ms be3524.rcr22.iad03.atlas.cogentco.com (2001:550:0:1000::9a36:2ec2) 69.468 ms be3339.rcr21.iad03.atlas.cogentco.com (2001:550:0:1000::9a36:3da) 69.134 ms
    12 be2952.agr11.iad03.atlas.cogentco.com (2001:550:0:1000::9a36:52) 69.301 ms 69.719 ms be3768.agr11.iad03.atlas.cogentco.com (2001:550:0:1000::9a36:58ae) 71.736 ms
    13 cogentco.com (2001:550:1::cc01) 68.487 ms !X 68.330 ms !X 68.552 ms !X

Thanked by 1treesmokah

@yoursunny said:
    As seen on bgp.tools for AS399306:

https://pigscanfly.ca/

PHP script '/var/www/pcf/app/app_model.php' is protected by SourceGuardian and requires a SourceGuardian loader 'ixed.8.1.lin' to be installed.

1) Click here to download the required 'ixed.8.1.lin' loader from the SourceGuardian site
    2) Install the loader to /usr/lib/php/20210902
    3) Edit /etc/php/8.1/apache2/php.ini and add 'extension=ixed.8.1.lin' directive
    4) Restart the web server

Ah good point, I'm used to sending people to www.pigscanfly.ca but should have put in a rewrite rule on the regular one, http://pigscanfly.ca now redirects you to https://www.pigscanfly.ca :)

Thanked by 1yoursunny

And you can also see it works in-bound from cogentco on v6:

traceroute to nani.pigscanfly.ca (2602:fcb1::1337:12), 30 hops max, 80 byte packets
    1 gateway (2001:550:1:321::1) 0.964 ms 0.976 ms
    2 be3100.ccr21.sjc01.atlas.cogentco.com (2001:550:0:1000::9a36:1f6d) 1.106 ms be3102.ccr22.sjc01.atlas.cogentco.com (2001:550:0:1000::9a36:2951) 0.979 ms
    3 * *
    4 be2682.rcr21.b003070-1.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com (2001:550:0:1000::9a36:6aa) 2.454 ms 2.489 ms
    5 2001:550:2:b::67:3 (2001:550:2:b::67:3) 1.698 ms 1.665 ms
    6 2001:b18:cccc::2 (2001:b18:cccc::2) 2.909 ms 2.881 ms
    7 nani.pigscanfly.ca (2602:fcb1::1337:12) 2.983 ms 2.951 ms

(from https://www.cogentco.com/en/looking-glass )

• Looks to be HE + Cogent + GTT now that stuff is fixed, not a terrible deal if you're present in FMT2 (for whatever reason) and want to access Cogent over v6, or just to have transit redundancy while waiting for the next HE outage. (also nice product photos)

Thanked by 2pigscanfly greentea

@treesmokah said:
    what is the TOS?

https://www.pigscanfly.ca/tos

But if you have a specific concern I'm more than happy to chat.

@fluffernutter said:
    Looks to be HE + Cogent + GTT now that stuff is fixed, not a terrible deal if you're present in FMT2 (for whatever reason) and want to access Cogent over v6, or just to have transit redundancy while waiting for the next HE outage. (also nice product photos)

Thanks :) That's also exactly the target market were going for if anyone happens to fit in that very narrow segment of folks :)

Do you allow tor?

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    Do you allow tor?

Yes, although this is "just" transit, so the customer is responsible for bringing their routable address space + ASN.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@ezeth said:
    Nice product image too!

This.

Thanked by 1pigscanfly
  • @pigscanfly said:

@fluffernutter said:
    Looks to be HE + Cogent + GTT now that stuff is fixed, not a terrible deal if you're present in FMT2 (for whatever reason) and want to access Cogent over v6, or just to have transit redundancy while waiting for the next HE outage. (also nice product photos)

Thanks :) That's also exactly the target market were going for if anyone happens to fit in that very narrow segment of folks :)

It seems like a passable deal (especially the 1G transit) but I think that providing BGP enabled VMs might be better for the LE crowd since I'm not sure how many people are 1: doing colo and 2: present in FMT2 now that HE discontinued the free racks.

Thanked by 2yoursunny greentea
  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

I'm very hopeful this is just a troll post.

@fluffernutter said:
    It seems like a passable deal (especially the 1G transit) but I think that providing BGP enabled VMs might be better for the LE crowd since I'm not sure how many people are 1: doing colo and 2: present in FMT2 now that HE discontinued the free racks.

1 core 25% persistent usage
    384MB RAM
    5GB SSD
    /64 IPv6 on first port, unmetered 10 Mbps
    BGP session on second port, unmetered 10 Mbps
    $10/year

• @pigscanfly said:

@treesmokah said:
    what is the TOS?

You heavily associate your business with your sexual orientation/fetish/whatever - would you be OK with providing transit to someone who has different opinion about Trans people? (of course, everything legal)

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

@treesmokah said:

@pigscanfly said:

@treesmokah said:
    what is the TOS?

You heavily associate your business with your sexual orientation/fetish/whatever - would you be OK with providing transit to someone who has different opinion about Trans people? (of course, everything legal)

I’m not only providing hosting to boomers am I? It’s nice to see people expressing themselves differently like this. Shouldn’t be seen as ”only for some people not for others”. It’s better not to bring it up.. it ruins it

@treesmokah said:

@pigscanfly said:

@treesmokah said:
    what is the TOS?

So I think I see where your trying to go with this (based on your complaints about IA not hosting Kiwifarms). Taking Kiwifarms as an example, while they may or may not be necessarily technically illegal, has been kicked off of most providers, would not be a fit. I think, given the difficulty that they've had finding a new provider, that is not a position that is unique.

On the other hand, like some ISP providing service to a Christian retreat, I don't foresee any issue (unless they're sending SPAM or trying to reach me about my cars extended warranty, that's also a no-go).

Does that help clarify things? If you are interested in transit at HE FMT2 and have a concern that is not covered happy to chat .

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited December 2022

@pigscanfly said:
    So I think I see where your trying to go with this (based on your complaints about IA not hosting Kiwifarms). Taking Kiwifarms as an example, while they may or may not be necessarily technically illegal, has been kicked off of most providers, would not be a fit. I think, given the difficulty that they've had finding a new provider, that is not a position that is unique.

Would you rather follow social "standards" or prove them wrong and prove that Trans people are normal people and can be trusted by providing services even to people that don't agree with you?

Regarding my posts on IA, I think I made a very fair point. Even if you don't agree with content on Kiwifarms, but to support what IA did - you have to be a terrorist.

On the other hand, like some ISP providing service to a Christian retreat, I don't foresee any issue (unless they're sending SPAM or trying to reach me about my cars extended warranty, that's also a no-go).

That's understandable, nobody likes SPAM.

PS. I'm not trying to offend you in any way, I'm genuinely curious as most providers/services that praised being Trans were not capable of understanding that other people have different opinions about them.

@treesmokah said:

@pigscanfly said:

Would you rather follow social "standards" or prove them wrong and prove that Trans people are normal people and can be trusted by providing services even to people that don't agree with you?

I think that, as we can see by Kiwifarms being offline for such an extended period of time, it's not just trans people who don't wish to provide service to Kiwifarms.

While I might disagree with the speech of a church, I'm more than willing to provide service to them. The open-source software I work on has been used in both RNC and DNC campaigns, and I've worked for companies that publish views that I disagree with.

Regarding my posts on IA, I think I made a very fair point. Even if you don't agree with content on Kiwifarms, but to support what IA did - you have to be a terrorist.

We disagree here. I believe electing not to provide a free archive of hateful content by a private organization is not terrorism. But this is pretty far away from the discussion of IP transit services.

That's understandable, nobody likes SPAM.

I'm glad we have at least one point of agreement :)

PS. I'm not trying to offend you in any way, I'm genuinely curious as most providers/services that praised being Trans were not capable of understanding that other people have different opinions about them.

I appreciate that stated intention, but maybe give your posts a bit of a read through and ask yourself how it would feel if someone referee to you in these same ways. For example I can imagine you might have a negative reaction to being called a terrorist or being told that your incapable of understanding other people’s opinions of your life. These choice of words are unnecessarily harsh and don’t really add much.

Wishing you all the best in the new year 😊

• @yoursunny said:

@fluffernutter said:

1 core 25% persistent usage
    384MB RAM
    5GB SSD
    /64 IPv6 on first port, unmetered 10 Mbps
    BGP session on second port, unmetered 10 Mbps
    $10/year

I'd even take 1mbps commit if the goal is just to be able to pass basic internet traffic and announce an IP block. That being said, the above deal would actually be reasonable since V6 is basically free, colo in FMT2 (at least theirs, I'm assuming) is free since no sane person pays to be in FMT2, and HE gives out a free 1g port as well (since no sane people would pay HE for any sort of transit anyways). So in theory, their only expense would be the one time hardware cost.

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

@pigscanfly Thank you for the postcard via snail mail about your offer in HE Fremont.

Thanked by 1pigscanfly
  • @rickey318 said:
    @pigscanfly Thank you for the postcard via snail mail about your offer in HE Fremont.

Was it a nice postcard?