Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 5TB Storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 5TB Storage

Hi everyone

I'm looking for simple storage where I can rsync by backups too - It'll be treated as cold storage and after the initial upload, it will only be a few gig's a month if that. Download will only happen if my other two backup drives fail

Looking around, I can see there are previous suggestions and offers, and wondered if any providers do storage?

Comments

• $20/month - https://servarica.com/all-offers/ I have several plans with them for the past three years, never once have I had a problem.

• Storagebox from Hetzner

• check @interservermike
    5TB for $15 /month with coupon code happybirthdaylala (50% recurring discount).
    https://www.interserver.net/vps/storage.html

check @servarica_hani
    Penguin Storage 2022 / 6GB/ 4CPU/ 4TB DISK / 6TB transfer on 1gbps / 1x IPv4
    $ 11.11 /month

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182760/servarica-black-friday-2022-storage-dedicated-nvme-hybrid-ssd-20x-giveaway/p1

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

We can offer you storage for your backups:
    https://netdynamics24.com/backup-services.php
    Contact us for discounts.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2022

I can do $20/month if you are interested (sftp/rsync enabled raid 1 mirrored disk). I am not the cheapest but my service comes with additional built in features like a built in web file manager if you ever need to quickly do basic things like listing, downloading, deleting backups directly from the web browser etc.

It also comes with a mediacenter so you might be able to utilize it as more than just a backup server. And a magnet download proxy.

Upload and download is unlimited on a 1 gbit shared with no connection hard limits.

The storage is not oversold, use every bit of it.

I am always looking at building more features and so any new innovations mean you get automatically upgraded for the same price.

If you are interested PM and I can go ahead and create this customized plan for.you. more details of the builtin features can be found on the website in my signature.

• @risharde said:
    I can do $20/month if you are interested (sftp/rsync enabled raid 1 mirrored disk). I am not the cheapest but my service comes with additional built in features like a built in web file manager if you ever need to quickly do basic things like listing, downloading, deleting backups directly from the web browser etc.

It also comes with a mediacenter so you might be able to utilize it as more than just a backup server. And a magnet download proxy.

Upload and download is unlimited on a 1 gbit shared with no connection hard limits.

The storage is not oversold, use every bit of it.

I am always looking at building more features and so any new innovations mean you get automatically upgraded for the same price.

If you are interested PM and I can go ahead and create this customized plan for.you. more details of the builtin features can be found on the website in my signature.

You have Magnet download for torrents kind of like the real debrid thing, I might be interested.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

Hetzner's storage box is $10/mo for 5TB. If not, buy a Gsuite Enterprise plan in Turkish Lira (the currency) and it's $8/month for 5TB, the limit can be increased on request to Google for free (it used to be fully unlimited, I store 200TB on their legacy stuff).

Scaleway Glacier is 2 euro per TB and can scale up as much as you want. AWS also has Deep Glacier at $1/TB but restoring costs A LOT of money.

All options I've listed is $10/month and all are solid.

Thanked by 1opiq
  • dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

5 TB SMB/FTPS storage box for 29,90€ (incl. 19 % VAT) including traffic flat. Hardware behind is RAID10, datacenter HDDs and 40 GBit/s uplink.

Thanked by 1Sanjue007
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Try the OneDrive for Business (Plan 2)

• @Advin said:
    Hetzner's storage box is $10/mo for 5TB. If not, buy a Gsuite Enterprise plan in Turkish Lira (the currency) and it's $8/month for 5TB, the limit can be increased on request to Google for free (it used to be fully unlimited, I store 200TB on their legacy stuff).

Scaleway Glacier is 2 euro per TB and can scale up as much as you want. AWS also has Deep Glacier at $1/TB but restoring costs A LOT of money.

Forgive my ignorance I'm still a little green on servers, so I can take this Hetzner's storage box can I attach it to a dedicated server the one I have has two terabytes already so will the server see that five terabytes as an internal hard drive so I can use it just like the hard drive that's already on the server?

• raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited December 2022

@painfreepc said:

@Advin said:

Forgive my ignorance I'm still a little green on servers, so I can take this Hetzner's storage box can I attach it to a dedicated server the one I have has two terabytes already so will the server see that five terabytes as an internal hard drive so I can use it just like the hard drive that's already on the server?

Yes u can. U will simply need to mount it as a drive or a folder in ur system, be it windows or Linux.

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited December 2022

@raza19 said:

@painfreepc said:

@Advin said:

Yes u can. U will simply need to mount it as a drive or a folder in ur system, be it windows or Linux.

Thank you for the quick reply I'm learning new stuff all the time, so now I know why so many brought those yearly deals at Virmach back in 2020 2021 that had very little hard drive space but loads of bandwidth

• Hetzner Storage Box is a good option

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@painfreepc said:

@raza19 said:

@painfreepc said:

@Advin said:

Thank you for the quick reply I'm learning new stuff all the time, so now I know why so many brought those yearly deals at Virmach back in 2020 2021 that had very little hard drive space but loads of bandwidth

Just note that I would highly recommend using Hetzner Cloud in the same DC as your storage box, because connecting from outside directly to a storage box is a lot slower.

You can use a Hetzner Cloud instance to proxy the storage box.