Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SerpBear - Free self-hosted SERP Monitoring App
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SerpBear - Free self-hosted SERP Monitoring App

m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

This kind of service is generally quite expensive and anyone doing online marketing needs it. So I was quite happy to see someone made a self-hosted app, SerpBear, for it. Found out via Jeremy's Noted.lol newsletter.

Of course it's also available on PikaPods, if you still have some credits left from my free beta program. (Or use the free starting credit)

Hope this is useful to some LETers. Since this app is pretty new, they could also use testing, feedback and maintainers. Github here.

Comments

• Will keep that in mind. Thanks for sharing!

• I saw this the other day!
    Looks very cool, any idea how if you can use a different (from the ones mentioned) proxy service or roll your own?

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

You can pass any (HTTP?) proxy details. I'm assuming this will scrape Google directly. Tried one, but didn't work for me. Maybe another proxy works. I imagine Google will block them if they see unusual traffic.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

This looks very good, giving it a try at the moment and works really well with fly.io.

• Thanks for sharing!

@m4nu said:
    You can pass any (HTTP?) proxy details. I'm assuming this will scrape Google directly. Tried one, but didn't work for me. Maybe another proxy works. I imagine Google will block them if they see unusual traffic.

You'd realistically need a rotating mobile proxy.