Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NSFW VPS Offers!! NVMe/10Gps starting at $12/quarter ($1/GB/MO) + Free $25 Account Credit - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NSFW VPS Offers!! NVMe/10Gps starting at $12/quarter ($1/GB/MO) + Free $25 Account Credit

13»

Comments

• @yoursunny said:
    No IPv6 hall of shame

Include IPv6 for no extra cost on every plan in every location to get delisted.

OSes have supported IPv6 for over two decades now (hell, I ran experimental IPv6 on Solaris 8 and NT 4). There's no reason to not support IPv6 these days, and my routing tends to be better to most datacenters over IPv6 so I do not consider any provider that won't even toss in a single address.

As a provider, you can get large swaths of IPv6 cheaply. Like swaths bigger than the entire number of addresses in IPv4 (including the huge amount that will never be allocated).

And surely you can find a way to get it routed even if your hosting facility isn't providing you the address space. There are a number of solutions out there that a clueful administrator should be able to figure out with a weekend of poking around.

So yeah. It's now effectively 2023. If a provider can't figure out how to do what I was doing in 1998, 25 years ago, I can't trust them to have any of the other knowledge I have picked up in that time. So I can't really trust them with any of my projects, basically.

(There are very special cases, of course. But those also tend to be "I don't want to be associated with this" anyhow...)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • cloudservercloudserver Member, Patron Provider

@chitree said:
    Is there a way to get an Ubuntu 20.04 system with Cloudserver?

Yes, please open a ticket if you still dont see it, we just did update our OS list.

@lewellyn said:

@yoursunny said:
    No IPv6 hall of shame

OSes have supported IPv6 for over two decades now (hell, I ran experimental IPv6 on Solaris 8 and NT 4). There's no reason to not support IPv6 these days, and my routing tends to be better to most datacenters over IPv6 so I do not consider any provider that won't even toss in a single address.

As a provider, you can get large swaths of IPv6 cheaply. Like swaths bigger than the entire number of addresses in IPv4 (including the huge amount that will never be allocated).

And surely you can find a way to get it routed even if your hosting facility isn't providing you the address space. There are a number of solutions out there that a clueful administrator should be able to figure out with a weekend of poking around.

So yeah. It's now effectively 2023. If a provider can't figure out how to do what I was doing in 1998, 25 years ago, I can't trust them to have any of the other knowledge I have picked up in that time. So I can't really trust them with any of my projects, basically.

(There are very special cases, of course. But those also tend to be "I don't want to be associated with this" anyhow...)

You make it sound much easier than it really is. When your upstream provider who manages the network does not support this, there is not a whole lot you can do. The largest provider supported by LEB/LET doesn't even offer IPv6 in the same exact locations. They must be trash also?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@cloudserver said:
    You make it sound much easier than it really is. When your upstream provider who manages the network does not support this, there is not a whole lot you can do.

Quit the crappy upstream and switch to a more reputable upstream.
    I hear Clouvider and Nexril and DataIdeas are awesome.

The largest provider supported by LEB/LET doesn't even offer IPv6 in the same exact locations. They must be trash also?

Yes, the purple provider is trash.

• loger8loger8 Member
    edited December 2022

CloudServerRocks!
    invoice Number:4188
    Order Number: 6954489235

• @cloudserver said:

@lewellyn said:

@yoursunny said:
    No IPv6 hall of shame

You make it sound much easier than it really is. When your upstream provider who manages the network does not support this, there is not a whole lot you can do. The largest provider supported by LEB/LET doesn't even offer IPv6 in the same exact locations. They must be trash also?

I have configured IPv6 routing for non-v6-native sites personally and professionally for the past 15-20 years. There are a good half dozen options, some easier than others.

It's not "easy", but at the same time it's something that someone with working knowledge of BGP and similar technologies should be able to get semi-production-ready within a few weeks of background tasks.

At a worst case, one can tunnel a /48 over a v4 point-to-point link from outside the datacenter to the inside and then distribute from that to customers (and then announce natively in the future with nothing more than a burp in the traffic). Surely your upstream provider doesn't run all your own network's routing equipment for you? :open_mouth:

And if you speak of the largest provider I think you are, I tend to avoid them like plague. Just because they're big doesn't mean they're clueful.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • CloudServerRocks!
    invoice Number:4188
    Order Number: 6954489235

please add my credit.

Thanked by 1viaman
  • Order Number: 3726175218
    CloudServerRocks

• newlannewlan Member
    edited December 2022

CloudServerRocks
    my Invoice #4230
    Order Number: 1649180654
    please add my credit

• telositytelosity Member
    edited December 2022

CloudServerRocks

Order Number 9681093275
    Ticket #235232

Thank you! Fast and smooth!

• viamanviaman Member
    edited December 2022

is there any news about the 2g ram

• Is 10$/year eligible to get 25$ free credit ?

@yoursunny @lewellyn

I am not sure why you are here bashing the products we offer. I have never done anything to offend you, frankly I am not even sure who you are.

We work hard to offer what we offer and if you do not like what we offer you can just move on and not try it, we do not fit everyone's needs. You coming here to try and tell me how "bad" we are because we do not offer IPv6 is irrelevant and uncalled for and a waste of both our time.

Thanked by 1amaeva080

@viaman said:
    Order Number: 3726175218
    CloudServerRocks

The product you bought does not qualify for the credit, it has to be a product offered on this thread.

Thanked by 1viaman

@newlan said:
    CloudServerRocks
    my Invoice #4230
    Order Number: 1649180654
    please add my credit

You have to make payment to receive a credit, also make sure its a product listed in this thread as OP

@telosity said:

CloudServerRocks

Order Number 9681093275
    Ticket #235232

Thank you! Fast and smooth!

Thank you for the order, looks like Tyler added your credit, we appreciate your business!

@blackeye said:
    Is 10$/year eligible to get 25$ free credit ?

It is not, only the products from the OP

• In my case it looks like this ((

• Order Number: 2076939582
    Ticket:#283947

• kelvinjohnkelvinjohn Member
    edited July 2023

CloudServerRocks!

Order Number: 6113164942

Thanks Cloudserver..looking forward to a smooth experience.

• #CloudServerRocks!
    Ticket Number: #170257

@cloudserver please do the neeful.

The service is genuinely good and stable. Have been using them for a while now.