Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Japan, Ablenet.jp ~$5.83/mo(yearly) for 512MB KVM / 50 GB disk / 200 Mbps unmetered shared - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Japan, Ablenet.jp ~$5.83/mo(yearly) for 512MB KVM / 50 GB disk / 200 Mbps unmetered shared

2»

Comments

• I am thinking about getting a V1.
    Any good/bad reviews?

• @abravo support centos 5 32bit?

• Don't bother these deals from Japanese providers. for most Japanese providers, You gotta be a Japanese citizen with a valid Japanese address or mobile. Do most of you have Japanese names? No. Japanese mobile? No. Japanese address? No. So.. forget it.

• @kyaky said:
    Don't bother these deals from Japanese providers. for most Japanese providers, You gotta be a Japanese citizen with a valid Japanese address or mobile. Do most of you have Japanese names? No. Japanese mobile? No. Japanese address? No. So.. forget it.

Read all the comments.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2013

Don't bother these deals from Japanese providers. for most Japanese providers, You gotta be a Japanese citizen with a valid Japanese address or mobile.

Indeed with "most" but not all, and Ablenet is about the only one that accepts orders from abroad and has English support. Regarding others, I made a comparison table here: https://romanrm.net/vps/japan

• @ttsaon said:
    abravo support centos 5 32bit?

yes they have CentOS 5.9 and 6.4 32bit and 64bit.
    Their ISOs: CentOS, Ubuntu Server, Scientific Linux, Fedora, OpenSUSE, FreeBSD, Vine Linux, Debian, slackware, Mandriva, Momomga and SystemRescueCD.

• SantiagoSantiago Member
    edited October 2013

@kyaky said:
    Don't bother these deals from Japanese providers. for most Japanese providers, You gotta be a Japanese citizen with a valid Japanese address or mobile. Do most of you have Japanese names? No. Japanese mobile? No. Japanese address? No. So.. forget it.

This is an email that I wrote to their support a few weeks ago:

My name is Santiago, I am a web designer from Spain currently living in Taiwan and I need a VPS in asia (Japan)

• Do you accept international customers. (Spanish Credit Card)

• Do you have English Chinese or Spanish support? (I am sorry, I don’t speak Japanese)

Thank you for your time.Best Regards, Santiago

Ablenet:

Thanks for contacting us. This is ABLENET support.

>

Do you accept international customers. (Spanish Credit Card)

Yes. You can pay by Spanish Credit Card.

Our accepting credit cards types follow; VISA, mastercard, NICOS, AMEX, JCB.

Do you have English Chinese or Spanish support?

We support in English as much as possible.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us.

My guess is that there is no need to be a Japanese citizen. I forgot to ask about a 100.mb speed test file :(

I would be very grateful if someone could provide that. (I have horrible speeds at night, here in TW)

• お申し込み誠にありがとうございました。

お客様のお問合せ番号は となります。

Do you guys know how long the delivery takes?

• delivery is automated (well my experience).
    After filling the form on their application page, I got almost instant confirmation email.
    Ten minutes later, I had the box details and login:

2013-10-13 12:33:
    ++++++++++ ABLENET VPS お申込み受付けお知らせ ++++++++++

この度はABLENET VPSサービスをお申込みいただきまして、誠に有難う
    ございます。 下記の通り、お申込みを受付けましたのでお知らせ致し
    ます。

and 2013-10-13 12:42:

この度はABLENET VPSサービスにお申込みいただき有難うございます。
    VPSサーバーの設定が完了し、利用頂く準備が整いましたので以下の
    通りご案内致します。

so, unless they run out nodes, and then need some more time to install new ones.

• @abravo said:
    delivery is automated (well my experience).
    After filling the form on their application page, I got almost instant confirmation email.
    Ten minutes later, I had the box details and login:

2013-10-13 12:33:
    ++++++++++ ABLENET VPS お申込み受付けお知らせ ++++++++++

この度はABLENET VPSサービスをお申込みいただきまして、誠に有難う
    ございます。 下記の通り、お申込みを受付けましたのでお知らせ致し
    ます。

and 2013-10-13 12:42:

この度はABLENET VPSサービスにお申込みいただき有難うございます。
    VPSサーバーの設定が完了し、利用頂く準備が整いましたので以下の
    通りご案内致します。

so, unless they run out nodes, and then need some more time to install new ones.

Did you order during their business hours? I think now has passed their business hours. I got the first email but not the second one...

• well, when I ordered it was in Osaka sunday 19:33 ...

• I sent an email and never got a reply, instead I got myself a server in South Korea

• @asil said:
    I sent an email and never got a reply, instead I got myself a server in South Korea

@asil Which site, and how's the order process? Tnx.

• They emailed me asking for:

--- all documents are required ------------------- - Copy of a business license of your company, or Copy of your PhotoID - Copy of the used credit card (front and back) - Copy of the used credit card holder's PhotoID --------------------------------------------------

So I just said no. Sorry, I don't have enough confidence to give an overseas company all these information.

• @ravenchad said:

I got it from
    www.internetbrothers.co.kr
    Very fast response and set up.

zhuanyi said: an overseas company

Yeah because with those your precious documents they could!... They could!.... I dunno, they could do something bad? Maybe?

...you are extremely weird, why even bring up "overseas company" as if it's somehow a problem, personally I'd be much more vary to give that info to a local company in the town where I live, than to a Japanese one...

• @asil said:
    Very fast response and set up.

You have your vps benchmarks? tnx.

• comparing to a lot of Japanese and Korean companies who hardly give English support and have very slow response I mean they are OK

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited October 2013

@rm_ said:
    ...you are extremely weird, why even bring up "overseas company" as if it's somehow a problem, personally I'd be much more vary to give that info to a local company in the town where I live, than to a Japanese one...

Matter of personal preference, but I trust people that I can see their face a lot more than the people who are hidden behind an "employee ID".

OVH asked for the docs as well which I don't mind sending them because I know how big they are. AbleNet, with all due respect, is a company that I have never heard of (could be due to my own ignorance) before this post.

And quite frankly speaking, I don't know why you are making a big fuss out of it. I was just stating a fact when I said they are an "overseas" company...

edited October 2013

OVH asked for the docs as well which I don't mind sending them because I know how big they are. AbleNet, with all due respect, is a company that I have never heard of

Something to consider:

Parent company K&K Corporation founded in February 1998 http://www.ablenet.jp/company/profile.html

ablenet.jp created on 2003/02/06

nameservers are ns.kk-ca.net, ns2.kk-ca.net

kk-ca.net record created on 14-May-1997

k-opti.com creation date 2000-05-19

And btw when I was visiting their website just now to check this, I noticed they now have English versions of some pages, for example:
    http://www.ablenet.jp/vps/index_en.html
    http://www.ablenet.jp/vps/service/plan_fee_en.html

• Well you could just get a provider in South Korea. It is next door so the connection is acceptable :)

edited November 2013

iamkorean said: Well you could just get a provider in South Korea.

South Korea does not have anything comparable to Ablenet. If you know, please share.
    Oh and I will remind you what it means to be comparable:

• KVM VPS with 512 MB or 1GB RAM
    • Unmetered b/w (or at least 500GB/1TB)
    • Accepting orders from abroad
    • English language support and control panel
    • And most importantly priced at about $5 or at most $10/month
  • I have seen it some where in Internet Brothers South Korea www.internetbrothers.co.kr in their community forum I guess that they are going to support KVM , They do give support in English too but you are right unmetered won't work with Korea.

edited November 2013

www.internetbrothers.co.kr

Not even close. Their smalles plan is 512MB for $20, that's about four times the price, how can you even seriously suggest it? And it only includes 90GB b/w, not unmetered as you get on Ablenet.

If you don't mind paying $20, you can just go get a Linode Tokyo (1GB RAM, 2TB b/w) and not bother with some "internet brothers" or whatever.

• To those of you who have had this some time, whats uptime?
    Node reboots and network. Stable stuff?

@bobby never had a single reboot or downtime since May.

• Sorry for reviving this old topic, anyone manage to pay and get their vps with a virtual card? I don't really feel like trusting them with my real credit card.

• @cosmicgate said:
    Sorry for reviving this old topic, anyone manage to pay and get their vps with a virtual card? I don't really feel like trusting them with my real credit card.

They will ask for your driver's license scan and credit card scan (I believe) after you sign up, so make sure you don't put any fake info there....

• zhuanyi said: @cosmicgate said: Sorry for reviving this old topic, anyone manage to pay and get their vps with a virtual card? I don't really feel like trusting them with my real credit card.

They will ask for your driver's license scan and credit card scan (I believe) after you sign up, so make sure you don't put any fake info there....

So if i use a virtual card, sending them those documents aren't relevant at all. So that means i have no choice but to use my real credit card?