Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuackWeb l 25% off LET Exclusive Offer l DA Hosting - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuackWeb l 25% off LET Exclusive Offer l DA Hosting

13»

Comments

• emgemg Veteran

@emg said:

... but ... before we file for an overseas company, correct all past issues, ensure that we are compliant, and make sure we are ready for business ... the first thing we want to do is make a big splash with our big sale on LowEndTalk.

We don't need to get it right before we start selling to customers, do we?

@hollowvi1 said:

Victims what??? We have been providing a legit service what are you talking about?
    For 3 years straight??

You are right. The use of the word "victims" was mean-spirited, and I apologize. I removed it by editing my post. You still have the original quote for others to see.

But that's a distraction. You keep focusing on the petty details in my posts, and ignoring the main, big points. In the most recent exchange above, my main big point was:
    -> You just stated that you need time to "file for an overseas company, [and] correct all past issues", yet you started a big sale thread on LowEndTalk anyway.

• @emg said:

@emg said:

... but ... before we file for an overseas company, correct all past issues, ensure that we are compliant, and make sure we are ready for business ... the first thing we want to do is make a big splash with our big sale on LowEndTalk.

We don't need to get it right before we start selling to customers, do we?

@hollowvi1 said:

Victims what??? We have been providing a legit service what are you talking about?
    For 3 years straight??

You are right. The use of the word "victims" was mean-spirited, and I apologize. I removed it by editing my post. You still have the original quote for others to see.

But that's a distraction. You keep focusing on the petty details in my posts, and ignoring the main, big points. In the most recent exchange above, my main big point was:
    -> You just stated that you need time to "file for an overseas company, [and] correct all past issues", yet you started a big sale thread on LowEndTalk anyway.

Yeah but the issues are not truly affecting the service

• my last reply to this thread is we are taking steps in the right direction.

• @hollowvi1 said:
    my last reply to this thread is we are taking steps in the right direction.

What’s the SLA?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2022

@hollowvi1 said:

@JabJab said:
    Ah yes, 3 years not enough, now you gonna file for an overseas company while still selling shit without basic info like company name / address / registration?
    Dafuq, again.

--

Dear mods/admins (gonna report this post, no idea who has access to support desk) - can we get company details that hollowvi1 provided in his Patron Provider submission? Those things should be public plus should be on theirs website, it's not. He is "avoiding" all those questions. Did he even register with "quackweb" or with "JenVM"? One time he is just an investor, then he post offers, now it seems he is taking over. Rollercoaster.

I don't think its relevant for u to know my US home address

All my customers know mine. Honesty and transparency has a cost, but it has rewards too.

• @hollowvi1 said:

@ralf said:

@JabJab said:

I am more interested what kind of address this is and how mail operator is supposed to handle that and why the fuck it's called Invoicing address on PRIVACY POLICY...
    https://quackweb.co.uk/legal/privacy

As you ignored my comment on that other thread and carried on replying to others (https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3566024#Comment_3566024), I'll repeat it here:

That made me interested. I'm assuming you're a UK company, given that you mentioned companies house and because your domain is a .co.uk. Your website doesn't seem to include your registered company number anywhere, which means that technically you're breaking the law.

https://www.gov.uk/running-a-limited-company/signs-stationery-and-promotional-material

Why are you hiding any details of your company away, details which you are legally required to put on your website, but at the same time pretend that you're a well established company?

Also, the terms of service above look like they've been "acquired" from a US-based company because the the special clauses about California, which look very out of place for a UK based company.

We don't really have to pretend. We will update everything in a timely manner. Also it's not been taken over by a US based company. However we do serve US customers & have US Servers.

As you still haven't answered my question, again just ignoring it and answering something else, I'll repeat it:

Why are you hiding away the details of your company that are legally required to be prominent on your website? Specifically, your registered company number and trading address.

If you are a UK company, as you purport to be, you are breaking the law if you don't have this information on your website.

If you are not a UK company, why you do list an invoice address in the UK, operate a .co.uk website and charge in GBP?

• emgemg Veteran

@hollowvi1 said:

Other than the fact that you are asking new customers to sign up for the service under legal terms with issues that are being reviewed and revised.

• @emg said:

@hollowvi1 said:

Other than the fact that you are asking new customers to sign up for the service under legal terms with issues that are being reviewed and revised.

No because they are subject to change and it is not uncommon for this to happen. Not illegal

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2022

@hollowvi1 said: my last reply to this thread

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2022

removed by me, myself & i

• @hollowvi1 said:

@emg said:

@hollowvi1 said:

No because they are subject to change and it is not uncommon for this to happen. Not illegal

Good to see you are still ignoring my comments.

If you are a UK company, as you purport to be, you are breaking the law if you don't have your company registration number and address on your website.

• @ralf said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@emg said:

@hollowvi1 said:

If you are a UK company, as you purport to be, you are breaking the law if you don't have your company registration number and address on your website.

He can't respond since he's already one respond over the hard-limit imposed by himself. This is basically a free roam now.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • emgemg Veteran

@hollowvi1 said:

Not ethical, either. Especially if you know that legal changes are necessary and pending, but you decide to have the sale first and change customer legal documents second.

What deserves recognition is how well you have demonstrated your sense of integrity in this thread. :-(

• You guys are doing him dirty since he technically can’t respond anymore🥸

• @ralf said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@emg said:

@hollowvi1 said:

The registration has been in progress. We are waiting on them to get to know us.

• @hollowvi1 said:

@ralf said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@emg said:

@hollowvi1 said:

The registration has been in progress. We are waiting on them to get to know us.

You’re not very good at self-control.

• Seems like BS to me, you can register a company in the UK in about 24 hours.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @Cluster said:
    Seems like BS to me, you can register a company in the UK in about 24 hours.

Do you get complete tax registration etc too?

We can register a company in a few days as well, but to be able to make "real" transactions, declare VAT etc it's usually a few weeks extra.

• ClusterCluster Member
    edited December 2022

@emgh said:

@Cluster said:

We can register a company in a few days as well, but to be able to make "real" transactions, declare VAT etc it's usually a few weeks extra.

I'm not entirely sure, but as far as I'm aware in the UK you must register for VAT if you're expecting to turn over more than £85,000 in the next 12 months, or if you want to voluntarily apply you can. Then submit accounts yearly, and pay whatever corporation tax you owe to the government.

There's plenty of services in the UK such as companies made simple in which you can pay like £13 and get a company.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @Cluster said:

@emgh said:

@Cluster said:

I'm not entirely sure, but as far as I'm aware in the UK you must register for VAT if you're expecting to turn over more than £85,000 in the next 12 months, or if you want to voluntarily apply you can. Then submit accounts yearly, and pay whatever corporation tax you owe to the government.

There's plenty of services in the UK such as companies made simple in which you can pay like £13 and get a company.

There are here as well, and since limited liability companies are similar everywhere, I just wanted to know if they were as useless there as here.

As said, registering a company here is a few days, registering for tax & employment takes longer.

And here, the one’s you buy pre-made aren’t even registered for those things, so basically you save a few day’s time of a like 3 week process.

Never really understood them.

• emgemg Veteran

@emgh said:
    You guys are doing him dirty since he technically can’t respond anymore🥸

I am responding directly to his posts, including the ones that came after he said he was going to stop posting. If he posts a comment, then I may choose to respond, especially if the comment appears to be disingenuous, evasive, or misleading.

I am neither beholden nor constrained by arbitrary rules that he may make for himself. He can make them or vacate them or ignore them as he pleases, but they have nothing to do with me or my comments here.

(Side note: If he was unable to keep his own personal commitment about not posting, what does that imply about other commitments that require real effort?)

• @emg said:

@emgh said:
    You guys are doing him dirty since he technically can’t respond anymore🥸

I am responding directly to his posts, including the ones that came after he said he was going to stop posting. If he posts a comment, then I may choose to respond, especially if the comment appears to be disingenuous, evasive, or misleading.

I am neither beholden nor constrained by arbitrary rules that he may make for himself. He can make them or vacate them or ignore them as he pleases, but they have nothing to do with me or my comments here.

(Side note: If he was unable to keep his own personal commitment about not posting, what does that imply about other commitments that require real effort?)

I’m just indirectly making fun of him for setting such a hard rule and directly going against it, I just used you to make the point ;)

This is why Jens Stoltenberg of NATO never answers hypoteticals about NATO’s response to different Russian actions, because then he’ll have to escalate or look pathetic.

Thanked by 1emg
  • ralfralf Member
    edited December 2022

@Cluster said:

Correct. It costs £12 to register a company and the process normally takes a couple of hours.

@emgh said:

No, but you don't need it.

That's not true. To get a VAT number takes a while, not sure exactly how long as I've not done it yet, but you don't actually need one. I think it's supposed to be less than a month. It's a bit more hassle, but you can trade without VAT registration until your turnover exceeds £85k per year, as mentioned below, and at the point you register, you can claim a VAT rebate on VAT paid for any assets up to 7 years prior, and any services up to 3 months prior. My accountant friend told me not to bother until I needed it, as preparing and submitting VAT returns is more work than the normal company accounts themselves.

PAYE (employment tax) takes a little longer to set up, but you don't need to do it until you want to run payroll.

Corporation tax and annual returns etc won't be due until 12 months after the company is set up, so that's no excuse either.

Literally, it should be a day maximum, unless you register on the weekend. I think officially it can take up to 3 business days, if you decide you want to have non-standard articles of association.

Yes, but not quite. You only need to register if you think that within the next 3 months you will exceed £85000 for the company's tax year, as VAT is done quarterly. It's also £85000 of VAT-eligible turnover, so because the majority of my company invoices are business-to-business to US clients, I know I personally don't have to worry about it for many years yet.

For that price, they don't add anything, so you might as well go direct to companies house to register. For a bit more, maybe £40, you can buy a pre-registered company and they will change the name and change the directors for you, and in that case it's instant.

Also, if they're only just registering the company, I call BS on every claim they've made about existing for 2 years or 3 years or whatever else it is. They might have had an idea for 2 years, but that's it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2022

Two friends meet each other in discord, start hosting companies. One is in the US, one is in the UK. The one in the US is taking over one of the UK "businesses." But for the sake of strangely fake professionalism, the one in the US is not associated with the one in the UK. Though he is an investor. Also posts offers and as previously mentioned, is taking over one or more of the individual brands. I made up the beginning part but I'd still bet it's on point.

Whole thing probably makes sense if you're a few edibles in. Funniest thread in a while, it's been a slow year.

Thanked by 4emg ralf Cluster sebkehl
  • @jar said:
    Whole thing probably makes sense if you're a few edibles in.

Mmmmm, cake!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @ralf was taking about Sweden, not the UK. Basically just wondered if it was the same thing, I guess not.

We basically can’t trade at all or pay salaries before the registration.

It’s basically just an empty company number.

This discussion has been closed.