Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuackWeb l 25% off LET Exclusive Offer l DA Hosting - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuackWeb l 25% off LET Exclusive Offer l DA Hosting

Comments

• @neverain said:
    let gives patron provider to anyone with 200$ now?

No they ask a lot of questions lol you don't just get it.

• @hollowvi1 said:

@neverain said:

Like?

• @ericls said:
    Nice home page design

Thanks Eric!

• I've gone ahead and made necessary changes to policies whilst taking everyone's points here into consideration

Thank you for the advice so far!

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

@neverain said:

That's what it seems.

Acquisitions page is funny as well.... Interested in being acquired? contact us on.... Discord?

lulz.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited December 2022

@neverain said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@dosai said:
    Like?

Like, "How can we be sure your $200 check will clear?"

After reading the discussion and responses above, I wondered how low the Patron Provider bar must be. Thank goodness this isn't limbo dancing.

Then I went to the QW website and read the terms of service. No way would I consider QW ever, not even if they re-write their ToS. By "no way, ever", I predict 12 months before they deadpool.

A pop-up appeared on the website: "Do you like cookies? We use ciasteczka to ensure you get the best experience on our website." There were two buttons: "Learn more" "Accept". If you click on Learn more, you are sent to this website: https://www.cookiesandyou.com

I searched for "ciasteczka" and found only recipes for Polish butter cookies. Refining the web search yielded nothing related to QW. Then I looked at another QW page, and another pop-up appeared: "Do you like cookies?
    We use galletas to ensure you get the best experience on our website." That's when I realized that the website was substituting different words for "cookie". "Galleta" is Spanish. There is no company offering some kind of "ciasteczka" or "galleta" service. Despite the fact that QW's page says you can set cookie preferences, I never saw the interface for that.

By the way:
    A question still on my mind from a previous thread is, "If @hollowvi1 is selling QW, why does their signature have a link to something called 'JenVM' ??" Was it too much bother to change their signature before posting the new Patron Provider offer, is that it??

The JenVM website is sparse. Besides the offers, there is only one other link, to the "Terms of Use" page. There are four links on that Terms of Use page: The link embedded in the PRIVACY RIGHTS paragraph takes you to the same Terms of Use page. The other three links at the bottom point to QuackWeb's Terms of Service (huh?), Fair Use Policy, and Privacy Policy.

It took almost no time to discover these minor flaws.

-> As I said, "no way, ever." Based on what I saw, I will stay away from this provider.

Thanked by 1mmuyskens
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2022

I am more interested what kind of address this is and how mail operator is supposed to handle that and why the fuck it's called Invoicing address on PRIVACY POLICY...
    https://quackweb.co.uk/legal/privacy

• @emg said:

@neverain said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@dosai said:
    Like?

After reading the discussion and responses above, I wondered how low the Patron Provider bar must be. Thank goodness this isn't limbo dancing.

Then I went to the QW website and read the terms of service. No way would I consider QW ever, not even if they re-write their ToS. By "no way, ever", I predict 12 months before they deadpool.

A pop-up appeared on the website: "Do you like cookies? We use ciasteczka to ensure you get the best experience on our website." There were two buttons: "Learn more" "Accept". If you click on Learn more, you are sent to this website: https://www.cookiesandyou.com

I searched for "ciasteczka" and found only recipes for Polish butter cookies. Refining the web search yielded nothing related to QW. Then I looked at another QW page, and another pop-up appeared: "Do you like cookies?
    We use galletas to ensure you get the best experience on our website." That's when I realized that the website was substituting different words for "cookie". "Galleta" is Spanish. There is no company offering some kind of "ciasteczka" or "galleta" service. Despite the fact that QW's page says you can set cookie preferences, I never saw the interface for that.

By the way:
    A question still on my mind from a previous thread is, "If @hollowvi1 is selling QW, why does their signature have a link to something called 'JenVM' ??" Was it too much bother to change their signature before posting the new Patron Provider offer, is that it??

The JenVM website is sparse. Besides the offers, there is only one other link, to the "Terms of Use" page. There are four links on that Terms of Use page: The link embedded in the PRIVACY RIGHTS paragraph takes you to the same Terms of Use page. The other three links at the bottom point to QuackWeb's Terms of Service (huh?), Fair Use Policy, and Privacy Policy.

-> As I said, "no way, ever." Based on what I saw, I will stay away from this provider.

@emg said:

@neverain said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@dosai said:
    Like?

By the way:

Let’s break this down. Quackweb has been around for almost 3 years. Offering services that compete with others. I don’t own quackweb I am an investor. @tomasduck owns it. JenVM is a service offered through QW.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited December 2022

@hollowvi1 said: Let’s break this down. Quackweb has been around for almost 3 years. Offering services that compete with others. I don’t own quackweb I am an investor. @tomasduck owns it. JenVM is a service offered through QW.

If you're simply an investor (since you're trying to distance yourself from them), then why are you advertising for them? Is your patron provider status here for JenVM or Quackweb?

Mate, this doesn't add up.

Thanked by 1mmuyskens
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited December 2022

@hollowvi1 said:

[ @emg said: A lot of stuff, quoted twice in a row just to be sure we all saw it. ]

Let’s break this down. Quackweb has been around for almost 3 years. Offering services that compete with others. I don’t own quackweb I am an investor. @tomasduck owns it. JenVM is a service offered through QW.

Okay, let's break this down. You did not respond to a single point that I made, other than explaining the relationship between JenVM and QW. You keep digging the hole bigger and deeper. Maybe it is time to step back, look at the input you received here with a serious eye, review the policies from a customer's perspective, make a few revisions and updates, reexamine your approach to LowEndTalk, and try again.

As they appear right now, I remain unimpressed with the apparent lack of attention to detail and outrageous terms from QW and JenVM. It doesn't matter anyway. I won't be a customer.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @emg said:

@hollowvi1 said:

As they appear right now, I remain unimpressed with the apparent lack of attention to detail and outrageous terms from QW and JenVM. It doesn't matter anyway. I won't be a customer.

👍

• @HalfEatenPie said:

@hollowvi1 said: Let’s break this down. Quackweb has been around for almost 3 years. Offering services that compete with others. I don’t own quackweb I am an investor. @tomasduck owns it. JenVM is a service offered through QW.

If you're simply an investor (since you're trying to distance yourself from them), then why are you advertising for them? Is your patron provider status here for JenVM or Quackweb?

Mate, this doesn't add up.

Maybe u didn't read what was stated. JenVM is a service offered through Quackweb. They are one in the same

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited December 2022

@hollowvi1 said:

Maybe u didn't read what was stated. JenVM is a service offered through Quackweb. They are one in the same

Then what you said is incorrect then.

You're not an investor of Quackweb but instead either an employee or a reseller?

Irregardless of that relationship, what's established here is that you're actually much closer than just "investor".

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

@HalfEatenPie said:

@hollowvi1 said:

Then what you said is incorrect then.

You're not an investor of Quackweb but instead either an employee or a reseller?

Irregardless of that relationship, what's established here is that you're actually much closer than just "investor".

Employees get paid though right? This kid is probably working for a free VPS at this point to be real.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

@neverain said:

The bar has always been quite low. Boomer man got in well before the provider tag fee was even introduced. Originally, Boomer man's landing page was just an unmodified theme with buttons that didn't work and packages that were completely wrong.

Given that Quackweb/Quack Hosting has an actual functional website, order page, and have been operating for multiple years, they're already doing better than what Boomer man did.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @Advin said:

@neverain said:

The bar has always been quite low. Boomer man got in well before the provider tag fee was even introduced. Originally, Boomer man's landing page was just an unmodified theme with buttons that didn't work and packages that were completely wrong.

Given that Quackweb/Quack Hosting has an actual functional website, order page, and have been operating for multiple years, they're already doing better than what Boomer man did.

You do realize that the same person who made quackweb made JenVM???

• @hollowvi1 said:

@Advin said:

@neverain said:

What? You are EXTREMELY confusing

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @emgh said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@Advin said:

@neverain said:

What? You are EXTREMELY confusing

No. Their both one in the same
    That's why I responded earlier when someone said we were gonna close in 12 months we have been around for almost 3 years. JenVM is like essentially a new brand for us specifically for the VPS Hosting.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Let's take this:

@hollowvi1 said:

And add it to this:

@hollowvi1 said:

Then sprinkle a bit of this on top:

@hollowvi1 has a provider tag and opened an offer thread for Quackweb.

Why is honesty so hard for people? This looks like two Call of Duty sweats met up in discord and decided to start a hosting company, and somehow they thought it sounded more professional to not admit that they're friends.

Thanked by 3emgh HalfEatenPie dosai
  • ralfralf Member
    edited December 2022

@JabJab said:

I am more interested what kind of address this is and how mail operator is supposed to handle that and why the fuck it's called Invoicing address on PRIVACY POLICY...

As you ignored my comment on that other thread and carried on replying to others (https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3566024#Comment_3566024), I'll repeat it here:

That made me interested. I'm assuming you're a UK company, given that you mentioned companies house and because your domain is a .co.uk. Your website doesn't seem to include your registered company number anywhere, which means that technically you're breaking the law.

https://www.gov.uk/running-a-limited-company/signs-stationery-and-promotional-material

Why are you hiding any details of your company away, details which you are legally required to put on your website, but at the same time pretend that you're a well established company?

Also, the terms of service above look like they've been "acquired" from a US-based company because the the special clauses about California, which look very out of place for a UK based company.

Thanked by 1emg
  • emgemg Veteran

I noticed the California statements, too. It was one factor in my comment about lack of attention to detail.

There is a lot of legal text on that page, and I wondered about its original source. What made it interesting was the text "California Code of Regations..." "Regations" is not a word. It should have been "Regulations".

This is the only other example I could find. I will leave it to the forensic sleuths on LowEndTalk to figure out if there is a relationship between the two:

https://zimohosting.com.ng/privacy-policy.html

(My hypothesis is that zimohosting copied it from QW. QW can thank me later if I'm right, but QW still has not answered or addressed many of the essential questions raised by others above, such as the address of their UK business.)

• @ralf said:

@JabJab said:

As you ignored my comment on that other thread and carried on replying to others (https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3566024#Comment_3566024), I'll repeat it here:

That made me interested. I'm assuming you're a UK company, given that you mentioned companies house and because your domain is a .co.uk. Your website doesn't seem to include your registered company number anywhere, which means that technically you're breaking the law.

https://www.gov.uk/running-a-limited-company/signs-stationery-and-promotional-material

Why are you hiding any details of your company away, details which you are legally required to put on your website, but at the same time pretend that you're a well established company?

Also, the terms of service above look like they've been "acquired" from a US-based company because the the special clauses about California, which look very out of place for a UK based company.

We don't really have to pretend. We will update everything in a timely manner. Also it's not been taken over by a US based company. However we do serve US customers & have US Servers.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2022

@hollowvi1 said: we have been around for almost 3 years.

--

@hollowvi1 said: We will update everything in a timely manner.

Dafuq? 3 years not enough?

• @JabJab said:

@hollowvi1 said: we have been around for almost 3 years.

--

@hollowvi1 said: We will update everything in a timely manner.

Dafuq? 3 years not enough?

Quackweb is currently soon to be taken over by me. So I have to file for an overseas company. Please allow us time to correct all past issues. We will make sure we are compliant.

• Ah yes, 3 years not enough, now you gonna file for an overseas company while still selling shit without basic info like company name / address / registration?
    Dafuq, again.

--

Dear mods/admins (gonna report this post, no idea who has access to support desk) - can we get company details that hollowvi1 provided in his Patron Provider submission? Those things should be public plus should be on theirs website, it's not. He is "avoiding" all those questions. Did he even register with "quackweb" or with "JenVM"? One time he is just an investor, then he post offers, now it seems he is taking over. Rollercoaster.

• @JabJab said:
    Ah yes, 3 years not enough, now you gonna file for an overseas company while still selling shit without basic info like company name / address / registration?
    Dafuq, again.

--

Dear mods/admins (gonna report this post, no idea who has access to support desk) - can we get company details that hollowvi1 provided in his Patron Provider submission? Those things should be public plus should be on theirs website, it's not. He is "avoiding" all those questions. Did he even register with "quackweb" or with "JenVM"? One time he is just an investor, then he post offers, now it seems he is taking over. Rollercoaster.

Well I only started investing this year so It wasn't me who founded it and I will never take credit for founding the brand.

• @JabJab said:
    Ah yes, 3 years not enough, now you gonna file for an overseas company while still selling shit without basic info like company name / address / registration?
    Dafuq, again.

--

I don't think its relevant for u to know my US home address

• emgemg Veteran
    edited December 2022

@hollowvi1 said:

Quackweb is currently soon to be taken over by me. So I have to file for an overseas company. Please allow us time to correct all past issues. We will make sure we are compliant.

... but ... before we file for an overseas company, correct all past issues, ensure that we are compliant, and make sure we are ready for business ... the first thing we want to do is make a big splash with our big sale on LowEndTalk.

We don't need to get it right before we start selling to customers, do we?

• @emg said:

@hollowvi1 said:

... but ... before we file for an overseas company, correct all past issues, ensure that we are compliant, and make sure we are ready for business ... the first thing we want to do is make a big splash with our big sale on LowEndTalk.

We don't need to get it right before we start selling to victims, err, customers, do we?

Victims what??? We have been providing a legit service what are you talking about?
    For 3 years straight??

• We always compensate for downtime we even built a SLA we standby.

This discussion has been closed.