Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email hosting providers that integrate with SSO?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email hosting providers that integrate with SSO?

Have existing userbase and would like to add email. For this group, an open stack is preferred.

Are there any email hosting providers out there that have unlimited domains/users and can easily interface with sso (ldap, openid, or saml)?

I self host email for another group and that is an option here as well but wanted to see what options exist.

Comments

• PipaPipa Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2022

Redacted.

• ascicodeascicode Member
    edited December 2022

@Pipa said:
    Redacted.

No provider tags.

• PipaPipa Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2022

@ascicode said:

@Pipa said:
    Redacted.

No provider tags.

Requested through support.

• @Pipa said: cloud clamd, cloud spamassassin

Wondering what this is..

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited December 2022

I know a lot of this topic:

1. SSO is not a single protocol, everyone implements it different,
    2. 99% of the time you have to develop it your self by figuring out how login works on each app you want to connect

You want this thru email. totally doable, you might as well make a login app to check credentials thru smtp or the database if you use one
    I actually built one of these lol

unless you want to use stoof like ldap

• @duckeeyuck said:
    I know a lot of this topic:

1. SSO is not a single protocol, everyone implements it different,
    2. 99% of the time you have to develop it your self by figuring out how login works on each app you want to connect

You want this thru email. totally doable, you might as well make a login app to check credentials thru smtp or the database if you use one
    I actually built one of these lol

unless you want to use stoof like ldap

There already exists a userbase that is using SSO for several apps. Just looking to add email so want something that can interface with what already exists (through openid, saml, or ldap).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It sounds like you want what I offer at MXroute but with the SSO addition. It is my opinion that these two requirements will only be met one at a time. For that reason, I'd consider looking at something like this: https://github.com/Programmierus/ldap-mailcow

Self-hosting beats expensive email providers that don't even work hard on IP reputation, might as well use your own or relay through something like mail.baby with a mailcow installation.