Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuackWeb l 25% off LET Exclusive Offer l DA Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuackWeb l 25% off LET Exclusive Offer l DA Hosting

Hello!
We're Quack Hosting, a shared web hosting provider and VPS service offering services with affordability in mind. We want to ensure that businesses can operate with very little loss monthly and still take advantage of a powerful service. That's why we have web reseller services starting at just 5 EURO per month!

History
Since 2020, we've been providing affordable services which has allowed for smaller hosting services to grow and increase their profit margins due to our low pricing. We've had the same mission in mind since the start and we're hoping to keep going into the future.

Locations
We currently offer two locations across the board, one of which is in _London _where we have both DirectAdmin and VPS services, another is in _Virginia _in which we just offer DirectAdmin services.

Our promises to you
* An affordable service
* Speedy support responses
* Up-to-date DirectAdmin control panel & software
* Most issues resolved in at least a day

If you're only now hearing of us, feel free to take a discount of 25% off on any DirectAdmin service for your three (consecutive) months using code LETOFFER.

Help us learn about the LET Community
  1. Which services are you most interested in?58 votes
    1. VPS Hosting
      86.21%
    2. Web Hosting
      13.79%

Comments

• idk lol

• quack

Thanked by 1ehab
  • No links to deals?

• hollowvi1hollowvi1 Member
    edited December 2022

@fynix said:
    No links to deals?

It's a discount code?? You use it at checkout

• I was going to sign up but...
    ..Your TOS/AUP are quite tough!

• No made-for-adsense sites allowed. IDK, but those are of quite good content.
    • No linking to adult sites
    • Extra charge payable If I offer free hosting, Plus you have decided what maximum disk space I can offer on free hosting!
    • Bandwidth allocation is too low. If user users 10GB bandwidth per month, then fair usage policy applies and it is restricted to 20GB bandwidth per day for each individual account!!
    • If you were to accumulate over 100GB of bandwidth usage per month, we reserve the rights to investigate the account
    • and more!
    Thanked by 2yoursunny SinV
  • @JasonM said:
    I was going to sign up but...

• Extra charge payable If I offer free hosting, Plus you have decided what maximum disk space I can offer on free hosting!
    • Bandwidth allocation is too low. If user users 10GB bandwidth per month, then fair usage policy applies and it is restricted to 20GB bandwidth per day for each individual account!!
    • If you were to accumulate over 100GB of bandwidth usage per month, we reserve the rights to investigate the account
    • and more!

Thanks for the feedback! Most of these are guidelines though we'll definitely work on outlining more vast rules and make changes to the Fair Usage policy

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @JasonM said:

• and more!

However charging more if you offer for free hosting only makes sense because we have to ensure that your host isn't going to disturb our other customers sense free hosts usually put more load onto the server.

• cute name

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2022

@hollowvi1 said:

@JasonM said:

However charging more if you offer for free hosting only makes sense because we have to ensure that your host isn't going to disturb our other customers sense free hosts usually put more load onto the server.

I often accept push-ups as payment.
    I offer IndirectAdmin account with 69 GB diks space at the price of 69 push-ups.
    This ain't free hosting then.

• @yoursunny said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@JasonM said:

I offer IndirectAdmin account with 69 GB diks space at the price of 69 push-ups.

No I'm saying people who use our reseller hosting to make a free hosting out of we charge a small percent more because they are more likely to store way more data than a normal reseller.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@hollowvi1 said:

@yoursunny said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@JasonM said:

No I'm saying people who use our reseller hosting to make a free hosting out of we charge a small percent more because they are more likely to store way more data than a normal reseller.

Yes so I use your reseller hosting and give subaccounts to whoever paid me in push-ups.
    It's not free hosting anymore.
    Sounds legit?

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2022

batshit insane ToS for any modern website. Even my unpopular blog gets crawled enough to exceed all these limits, let alone any web store.

You are not allowing ad revenue? that's blocking essentially 99% of all websites and larger forums.

"Extra charge payable If I offer free hosting", what else do you even sell than hosting? How does this make any sense.

"Quack! Hosting will release any necessary data to claimants with claims made via a legal and trusted system, such as DMCA complaint or request by a government or authority. "

My god I could abuse this so hard. You are giving customer details to DMCA senders?

"Any abuse reports will be dealt with and accounts will be suspended with very short notice. Users are welcome to get in touch for their account to be reinstated."

No 24-72h response time to a client? DMCA is the new DDoS.

Thanked by 2yoursunny AXYZE
  • @stefeman said:
    batshit insane ToS for any modern website. Even my unpopular blog gets crawled enough to exceed all these limits, let alone any web store.

You are not allowing ad revenue? that's blocking essentially 99% of all websites and larger forums.

"Extra charge payable If I offer free hosting", what else do you even sell than hosting? How does this make any sense.

Well those bandwidth limits are outdated & old he hasn't updated the policy's. However that was because we use to use a very bad provider, Now that we are using a provider that can handle more load on the network we won't really need a bandwidth limit and I'll talk to him about allowing ad revenue as we know blogs need it. Especially ones that under perform. No worries we always make exceptions for certain customers

• @stefeman said:

"Quack! Hosting will release any necessary data to claimants with claims made via a legal and trusted system, such as DMCA complaint or request by a government or authority. "

My god I could abuse this so hard. You are giving customer details to DMCA senders?

We also offer VPS Hosting

• @hollowvi1 said:

@stefeman said:

I think you missed the point.. "Extra charge payable If I offer free hosting", dude.. webhosting has websites + hosting included in the price. you cannot sell one without another.

• @stefeman said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@stefeman said:

I think you missed the point.. "Extra charge payable If I offer free hosting", dude.. webhosting has websites + hosting included in the price. you cannot sell one without another.

Well specifically if one offers free hosting it's above normal usage of a regular reseller, We are use to the load of regular & Free resellers and have the knowledge to know how we adjust our prices.

• It gets even better.

1D: ACCESS RIGHTS
    Quack! Hosting ("TNCompany") holds the rights to check your files and access your accounts at any time. Quack! Hosting does not require permission to access your files at any given time. Though, content is only usually checked in the case of suspected abuse or alongside a valid abuse report. Websites are monitored for any pirated or illegal content on a weekly basis. So which one is it?

• But it's not much of an additional charge just a couple of euro's more.

• @stefeman said:
    It gets even better.

1D: ACCESS RIGHTS
    Quack! Hosting ("TNCompany") holds the rights to check your files and access your accounts at any time. Quack! Hosting does not require permission to access your files at any given time. Though, content is only usually checked in the case of suspected abuse or alongside a valid abuse report. Websites are monitored for any pirated or illegal content on a weekly basis. So which one is it?

Wdym it says that we don't require clients authorization to check their files. We have to make sure no one is using it for storage hosting or hosting illegal sites. it's normal for web hostng providers all of them do it.

• Now the big providers may not check as they have a lot more clients but they check.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2022

over 250MB files are disallowed? Forget any tech sites and major wordpress implementations with this rule. What about local .sqlite DB's and logs?

• We do have privacy we don't check without a reason, Normal clients we are not going through their files. It's ones we get abuse reports about.

• @stefeman said:
    over 250MB files are disallowed? Forget any tech sites and major wordpress implementations with this rule.

If it says that don't believe it. We will update our policy's like I said they are outdated and will be updated soon.

• I think this is the most illegal and idiotic rule so far:

3B: SERVICE TERMINATION & INVOICING
    Quack Hosting reserves the right to invoice you on any damage made to the server or services for clients. Breaches of the Terms of Service may also result in an invoice charged to your client account. Failure to pay may result in forwarding to a debt collection agency in which they will then take out with the request.

You can't just send a decree like an emperor when you think something is damage and caused you x amount of damage which you can then decide to be extra 500€ bill cause you think that's how much it will cost.

• @stefeman said:
    I think this is the most illegal and idiotic rule so far:

3B: SERVICE TERMINATION & INVOICING
    Quack Hosting reserves the right to invoice you on any damage made to the server or services for clients. Breaches of the Terms of Service may also result in an invoice charged to your client account. Failure to pay may result in forwarding to a debt collection agency in which they will then take out with the request.

You can't just send a decree like an emperor when you think something is damage and caused you x amount of damage which you can then decide to be extra 500€ bill cause you think that's how much it will cost.

Well it's not illegal because technically by hosting a site you agree to hosting a site that isn't malicious. Any malicious sites that cause damage this could apply for inconvenience to other clients. And then the money from the fine would go to credit affected clients caused by the downtime and having to resolve the issue.

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

"This policy refers to those who have bought the "Relaxed AUP" addon or similar service."

WTF is a Relaxed AUP addon? LMAO

the end is nigh.

• @mmuyskens said:
    "This policy refers to those who have bought the "Relaxed AUP" addon or similar service."

WTF is a Relaxed AUP addon? LMAO

the end is nigh.

It's like we are more relaxed on your daily usage but of course this will be retired soon as we will have no need anymore. You have to remember these outdated policy's we have are because the old provider we had was very bad and now that we migrated all the servers over to a much better provider most of these non sense addons & policy's are being removed. Give us time and we will improve. :)

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Nice home page design

• let gives patron provider to anyone with 200$ now?

Thanked by 3yoursunny mmuyskens emg
This discussion has been closed.