Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostColor VPS: 1 CPU Core ★ 1 GB RAM ★ 20 GB SATA Storage - $4.95/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostColor VPS: 1 CPU Core ★ 1 GB RAM ★ 20 GB SATA Storage - $4.95/mo

HostColorHostColor Member, Host Rep
edited December 2022 in Offers

Thank you for taking some of your time to review HostColor's VPS Hosting plans.

SATA VPS - SATA 1

CPU: 1 CPU Core (scale up)
RAM: 1 GB RAM (scale up)
Data Transfer: 1 TB (1,00 GB)
Storage: 20 GB SATA disk & scale up
Internet Port: 100 Mbps & 1 Gbps ports
VPS Management: Proxmox VE & ProxCP control panel
Free Control Panel: CentOS Web Panel or CyberPanel
IPv4: 1 Dedicated IP address
IPv6: Yes, available at no additional cost
OS: CentOS (other Linux distribution) or Windows (scale up)
Scalability: Scale up at any time

Price (depending on the contract term) - VPS SATA 1 Sign up
$4.95/month on a 3-year contract (= $178.20 / 3 years)
$5.95/month on a 2-year contract (= $142.80 / 2 years)
$6.98/month on a 1-year contract (= $83.80 / 1 year)

Host Color's customer support responds promptly on support tickets. We are a responsible company that cares about your web business. That's why we are a successful web hosting provider since 2000.

Why Choose HostColor?
* Redundant network, 100% Uptime SLA guarantee
* Excellent location. Data center near Chicago (South Bend, IN)
* Powerful resource-rich, server systems
* 24/7 Support- responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable
* Fair pricing, risk-free and quality Dedicated hosting service
* Significant experience. We provide hosting services for 22 years

HostColor.com is a trusted web hosting provider since 2000. Our data center is located at 746 S Arnold St, South Bend, IN 46619 (90 miles from Chicago). If you need custom build server configuration, please call 1-574-367-2393 or go to accounts.hostcolor.com/submitticket.php and contact our Sales team! We will work with you to create a custom quote at the best possible price. Please tell us how can we help you!

Mod edit (angstrom): Corrected pricing information in order to conform to the rules

Comments

• Looking glass ?

• HostColorHostColor Member, Host Rep

@eveaz said:
    Looking glass ?

Sure. Go to http://68.233.36.139 and try Ping and/or BGP option. The trace command executes a bit slow. We are checking it.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Host Color?
    Which color do you represent?

🔴
    🟠
    🟡
    🟢 - taken
    🔵 - taken
    🟣 - taken
    🟤

Thanked by 3plumberg nick_ ralf
  • ihellihell Member
    edited December 2022

Nice offer! It's even 5 cents cheaper than DO/Vultr/Linode when you prepay for 3 years. (Monthly price is $19.95 recurring + $10 setup)

Thanked by 1Hayashima
  • $20 setup fee if I chose Debian 10. Debian 11 not available.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • the servers are only suitable for customers who need a long term lease, otherwise there will be a 10$ setup fee which is quite bad for me.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2022

Well I guess I’m about to ridiculed for writing something in the thread again really look charging a setup fee for Debian 10 is stupid!

Thanked by 2yoursunny kheng86

@Hakim, Debian 11 is available. We'll add to the list if it is not there
    Yes, @vivucloud, you are right about that.
    @PieHasBeenEaten, you are trolling the same thread twice. That's an achievement :)

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2022

Seems they use setup fee trick to provoke buying for longer period. No one buy montly with this huge setup fee. Is this allowed by rules?

• @HostColor said:

How much?

Thanked by 1Hakim
  • SapcedorSapcedor Member
    edited December 2022

Setup fee? Come on! this is auto provisioning!

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@Sapcedor said:

Yes, it is. We want clients who would pay our lowest fee while staying for a long time, rather than using the VPS service for a month or two. This prevents abusive usage. I understand the users who want to get a cheap VPS for a month or two, but the infrastructure isn't getting less expensive. There is one more thing. I do not understand the purpose of the arguments for the sake of the arguments. If someone finds the offering a good one, they'd signup. If it is not good for them, it is just not. Why one would enter into arguments without being a side, either a partner or client...?

Thanked by 1Sapcedor

@Arirang said:

@HostColor said:

How much?

No additional fee.

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Well I guess I’m about to ridiculed for writing something in the thread again really look charging a setup fee for Debian 10 is stupid!

It is stupid, I would say imbecile and irresponsible behavior to keep trolling this thread. We do not charge additional fees for installing Debian 10 or any other OS. Why would you presume such a thing? You are not supposed to make fake statements, just like that because it sounds to you like a bright idea.

@Hakim said:
    $20 setup fee if I chose Debian 10. Debian 11 not available.

This is a mistake in the configurator. It has been removed.

• @HostColor said:

@Sapcedor said:

Yes, it is. We want clients who would pay our lowest fee while staying for a long time, rather than using the VPS service for a month or two. This prevents abusive usage. I understand the users who want to get a cheap VPS for a month or two, but the infrastructure isn't getting less expensive. There is one more thing. I do not understand the purpose of the arguments for the sake of the arguments. If someone finds the offering a good one, they'd signup. If it is not good for them, it is just not. Why one would enter into arguments without being a side, either a partner or client...?

Your are completely right. I did not have bad intention, I actually like the offer but I personally prefer to pay anualy without setup fee. But yes, I understand and appreciate your feedback. It makes total sense for me.

Just maybe I felt disappointed after feeling attracted by the offer. My apologies and yes, you guys have a good offer. Thanks again

@Sapcedor said:

@HostColor said:

@Sapcedor said:

Your are completely right. I did not have bad intention, I actually like the offer but I personally prefer to pay anualy without setup fee. But yes, I understand and appreciate your feedback. It makes total sense for me.

Just maybe I felt disappointed after feeling attracted by the offer. My apologies and yes, you guys have a good offer. Thanks again

Thank you! Nice talking to you!

edited December 2022

@HostColor keep showing your true colors. Humm well you had a 20 dollar setup fee for Debian 10 but looks like you edited after it was mentioned! So don’t come at me for your stupidity and try to say there wasn’t one when there was! That makes you a liar and your pants are on fire! I guess you can’t read either I wasn’t the only one to mention it! So please stop!

Thanked by 1yoursunny

• Within one minute... :D

Thanked by 2Hayashima Peppery9

@JabJab said:

Within one minute... :D

Yes! This happens when you answer from the bottom to the top :) We DO NOT charge such fees. We never did! As you can imagine when you manage thousands of configurable options, a mistake can be made. A mistakenly configured option does not change a service model or a policy. I do apologize if this was not clear enough. It is on our account!

To cut it short, HostColor has never charged for the installation of Linux OS of any kind.

edited December 2022

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @HostColor keep showing your true colors. Humm well you had a 20 dollar setup fee for Debian 10 but looks like you edited after it was mentioned! So don’t come at me for your stupidity and try to say there wasn’t one when there was! That makes you a liar and your pants are on fire! I guess you can’t read either I wasn’t the only one to mention it! So please stop!

Check my response to @JabJab above. There is nothing to explain to you. Keep trolling :)

@HostColor Funny coming from you I’m not surprised you would charge a setup fee for everything! But instead of addressing the issue you want to try throw shade my way! Come on try again!

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@PieHasBeenEaten Its starting to look like you have a personal issue with @HostColor , your point has been made, please move on.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Offer violates rules:
    List total price per billing period, not just equivalent monthly cost.

• @ihell said: It's even 5 cents cheaper than DO/Vultr/Linode

I'm sure the quality compares

edited December 2022

Word up!

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @HostColor Funny coming from you I’m not surprised you would charge a setup fee for everything! But instead of addressing the issue you want to try throw shade my way! Come on try again!

@PieHasBeenEaten You are not a prospective customer. As it says on your profile "Do you own, operate, or work for a hosting provider? Yes", you represent a web hosting provider. You do not have a genuine interest in HostColor's products or offerings. You are here to troll our thread, which is super ugly. This could do only by someone who has a horrible personality. I hope you are not like that. I have taken a lot of my time to publicly explain a mistake in a product configuration, but you keep coming to troll the thread. I could imagine what you do to your customers when you do not agree with them. Our business is run by rules - SLA, and Terms of Service. They do not change because of a mistake made in a configuration file. Any questions, disputes, and issues of any kind are decided in favor of the customer. The more you come to troll this thread with your fake claims and meaningless and hostile attitude, the more open and transparent we will get in our responses.

@Arkas said:
    @PieHasBeenEaten Its starting to look like you have a personal issue with @HostColor , your point has been made, please move on.

Hi @Arkas, @PieHasBeenEaten might or might be a new breed of sophisticated, AI-driven web troll :) A human being would accept the fact that other human beings make mistakes while configuring something. It is in the nature of our business to make mistakes. Any top professional or a reliable provider admits their mistakes and resolves in favor of the customer(s). And I have also mentioned that a single mistake, does not cancel SLAs and Terms of Service.

• @HostColor said:

@Arkas said:

Hi @Arkas, @PieHasBeenEaten might or might be a new breed of sophisticated, AI-driven web troll :) A human being would accept the fact that other human beings make mistakes while configuring something. It is in the nature of our business to make mistakes. Any top professional or a reliable provider admits their mistakes and resolves in favor of the customer(s). And I have also mentioned that a single mistake, does not cancel SLAs and Terms of Service.

He pointed out a valid problem with your offer. You first accused him of trolling, and then admitted the mistake he pointed it out and changed it. That second action shows that he was not trolling.

The other thread also had a valid comment from him. You advertise the service at one price per month when that price per month is not available. Instead, if you take an annual contract, the price per year is 12x the price you quoted, but that is not a price per month because you have to pay annually.

You're doing the same thing in this thread from what I can tell too, although it's actually even worse. You're quoting "$4.95 (annual contract)" but actually, even if you pay annually, it's $6.98, 24 months contract it's $5.95, and only when pay for 36 months is it $4.95. The politest thing I can say is that your offer is completely misleading.

So, from both threads where you accuse him of trolling and only commenting because he is a competitor (something he doesn't do on anybody else's threads), it is easy to say that what he has said is correct, and that you are misrepresenting your prices, which makes it a violation of the rules.

• @HostColor

Although you first signed up on LET more than 7 years ago, you haven't been active until now

We try to protect providers from trolls (we really do), but @PieHasBeenEaten isn't a troll. (As it happens, he's a former moderator)

As @PieHasBeenEaten and others have noted, there's a lack of transparency in how you've stated the price of the advertised service:

Price: ** $4.95/month (annual contract) ** - VPS SATA 1 Sign up

In fact, understood literally, where "annual contract" naturally means a 1-year contract, the monthly price that you give is incorrect

What I would advise you to do is to restate the price (depending on the contract term) as follows:

Price (depending on the contract term):
    $4.95/month on a 3-year contract (= $178.20 / 3 years)
    $5.95/month on a 2-year contract (= $142.80 / 2 years)
    $6.98/month on a 1-year contract (= $83.80 / 1 year)

If you do this, the pricing will be transparent