Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Request] BuyVM 512MB VPS in Luxembourg
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Request] BuyVM 512MB VPS in Luxembourg

Hi,

BuyVM recently stopped offering their 512MB slices/VPS, and I missed this information.

Hence, does anyone have one available and up for transfer in Luxembourg? I‘d be happily taking it. :smile:

Thanks!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Good luck, things are like lumps of gold to most.

Francisco

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@muhlba91 said:

Hence, does anyone have one available and up for transfer in Luxembourg? I‘d be happily taking it. :smile:

I tried to transfer one the other day but they don't allow transfers for 512 MB services.

• @brueggus said:

I tried to transfer one the other day but they don't allow transfers for 512 MB services.

Thanks for this info!

@Francisco is there any reason for why these small instances are not allowed to be transferred? If this changed, @brueggus would you still be available for a transfer?

• Get yourself 1GB slice before they discontinue those. 512 ones were being abused owing to cheap pricing and unlimited BW.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@muhlba91 said:

@brueggus said:

Thanks for this info!

@Francisco is there any reason for why these small instances are not allowed to be transferred? If this changed, @brueggus would you still be available for a transfer?

Simple. It can allow for abuse.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@nvme said:
    Get yourself 1GB slice before they discontinue those. 512 ones were being abused owing to cheap pricing and unlimited BW.

Also, rising IPv4 costs probably contributed to the discontinuation a little bit

Thanked by 2pbx Ganonk
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Advin said: Also, rising IPv4 costs probably contributed to the discontinuation a little bit

Abuse was most of the reason. IP's is also part of it, but it wasn't uncommon to see someone buy 50 512's and mine crypto, blast floods, etc. When crypto wasn't in the tank we'd see people buy 100 - 200 of them and try to slam a whole core on it 24/7. We'd rate limit them down to 15% and they would get livid.

There isn't any plans to kill 1G's at the moment.

The only thing we're working on at the moment is increasing our network capacity, planning the mass 3900x->5900x upgrades, and hopefully offer some in-house mitigation. We hope to have all of these done in the next 2 - 3 months.

Francisco

• How much do 512mb slice cost ? Never tried buyvm

• coffincoffin Member
    edited December 2022

@Liso said:
    How much do 512mb slice cost ? Never tried buyvm

They used to be $2/mo. For a bit, they also discounted annual payments on them down to $20/yr I believe. They've been discontinued for around a year now though.

• @coffin said:

@Liso said:
    How much do 512mb slice cost ? Never tried buyvm

They used to be $2/mo. For a bit, they also discounted annual payments on them down to $20/yr I believe. They've been discontinued for around a year now though.

This is correct, and you can actually still see the pricing on the BuyVM website: https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices/

• @Francisco said:

..try to slam a whole core on it 24/7. We'd rate limit them down to 15% and they would get livid.

I have seen this many a times , do not know from provider view what it means, i just want to ask from providers how will the end user know that they are using a full core , from top 'us' value ?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Francisco said:
    There isn't any plans to kill 1G's at the moment.

Inflation price adjustment when?
    $3.50 📈 $4.00