Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Dacentec] Hardware Transfer (colocation) - FROM US$50
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Dacentec] Hardware Transfer (colocation) - FROM US$50

Hello,
I recently moved from Dacentec and I have some hardware stored with them, they are a little old servers but they work in perfect condition.

The servers are at the Lenoir, NC facility and each individual 1U colocation costs $45/month (1Gbps @ 10TB, 2 Amps/120V).

See table with all available hardware

Transfers between accounts usually take less than 2 hours to complete (provided the sales department is available).

Comments

• Is that one time cost on the hardware then 45 a month for colo?

• @User1 said:
    Is that one time cost on the hardware then 45 a month for colo?

Yes, in the table is the price to buy the hardware. You can choose to hire a colocation at Dacentec (US$45) or remove it from the datacenter.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Hi! How much for shipping to HE FMT2? Thanks!

• @Not_Oles said:
    Hi! How much for shipping to HE FMT2? Thanks!

Hi Oles!

Dacentec charges a US$100 fee to package the server and would add to the cost of the shipping company. I can't say how much it would cost, but you can calculate it on the FedEx website.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • DM sent. Interested.

• @vinhais said: Dacentec charges a US$100 fee to package the server and would add to the cost of the shipping company. I can't say how much it would cost, but you can calculate it on the FedEx website.

Holy shit.

Man that's quite a price hike. Dacentec used to charge 40 dollars to 50 dollars for packaging the servers up.

Just FYI/note, usually there's always problems associated with shoddy packaging and not enough foam or cushioning. if you're planning on moving hardware out of Lenoir, I'd recommend purchasing insurance with it and having an itemized list with it's value in case shit gets damaged.

Thanked by 2yoursunny SinV
  • @vinhais noting to you but i just got reminded of - Joshua Prout - @jar

• @ehab said:
    @vinhais noting to you but i just got reminded of - Joshua Prout - @jar

Hello Ehab!
    No, I'm not a scammer and this hardware exists at Dacentec.

If you want, I can provide you with proof of purchase on Ebay, invoices from Dacentec and some pictures of the servers.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @HalfEatenPie said:

@vinhais said: Dacentec charges a US$100 fee to package the server and would add to the cost of the shipping company. I can't say how much it would cost, but you can calculate it on the FedEx website.

Holy shit.

Man that's quite a price hike. Dacentec used to charge 40 dollars to 50 dollars for packaging the servers up.

Just FYI/note, usually there's always problems associated with shoddy packaging and not enough foam or cushioning. if you're planning on moving hardware out of Lenoir, I'd recommend purchasing insurance with it and having an itemized list with it's value in case shit gets damaged.

Yes, in recent times the price for basic services has increased a lot.

Colocation 1U has increased by $5, the price of remote hands and packaging has doubled, and the price for protected blocks is almost the price of another block.

• I really want one of these servers but Dacentec is probably the worst location for me. And the shipping fee is so high. Uhhhhh...

• Have they increased Colocation cost in the last 6 months?

• @deadpool said:
    Have they increased Colocation cost in the last 6 months?

Yes, the price has increased by $5.

• Any possibilities of swapping the 4x2TB into a X5690 rig?

• @deadpool said:
    Any possibilities of swapping the 4x2TB into a X5690 rig?

Not. The 4x 2TB HD ENTERPRISE hard drives are 3.5", while the DL360 G7 bays only support 2.5".

If you want I can swap for 3x1.2TB HD SAS 2.5" + 1x900GB HD SAS 2.5" from HP but the price would be US$240

• @vinhais said:

@deadpool said:
    Any possibilities of swapping the 4x2TB into a X5690 rig?

Not. The 4x 2TB HD ENTERPRISE hard drives are 3.5", while the DL360 G7 bays only support 2.5".

If you want I can swap for 3x1.2TB HD SAS 2.5" + 1x900GB HD SAS 2.5" from HP but the price would be US$240

I'll pass but glws

• Just bought HP DL160 G6 from him(them), at first two drives of four are having issues, and S.M.A.R.T failed, @vinhais and his friend are very responsive and solved quickly, 72GB of RAM are nice to have, I’m quite happy with the transaction, kudos to them and good luck with further sales.

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2022

@HalfEatenPie said:

@vinhais said: Dacentec charges a US$100 fee to package the server and would add to the cost of the shipping company. I can't say how much it would cost, but you can calculate it on the FedEx website.

Holy shit.

Actually, this is the primary reason that there was a price hike related to shipping. We now use new packaging and materials to increase the security and reliability of the packaging. The cost includes those materials as well as the unracking and cleaning of the server prior to shipment. We do appreciate the feedback though and are always looking for ways to make things better for out clients.

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2022

@vinhais said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

Holy shit.

Yes, in recent times the price for basic services has increased a lot.

Colocation 1U has increased by $5, the price of remote hands and packaging has doubled, and the price for protected blocks is almost the price of another block.

Unfortunately like many providers, as the cost of goods, services, etc. increase, we had to make the very difficult decision to raise some of our service pricing. We still find that we generally land at a lower price on most of our services though and hope to continue that going forward and always make sure that our service quality exceeds the cost.

• @dacentec said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

Holy shit.

Actually, this is the primary reason that there was a price hike related to shipping. We now use new packaging and materials to increase the security and reliability of the packaging. The cost includes those materials as well as the unracking and cleaning of the server prior to shipment. We do appreciate the feedback though and are always looking for ways to make things better for out clients.

Appreciate the frankness and visibility. Hoping that has increased the reliability of the packaging and the chance of the hardware surviving.

• Hi! Does this model HP Proliant DL180 G6(2U) support SAS disks? It have 8x3.5inch bays?

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

Would it be possible to just go pick them up then, or would it still be $100?