Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Article about Hetzner Falkenstein on golem.de
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Article about Hetzner Falkenstein on golem.de

pikepike Veteran
edited December 2022 in News

This might be interesting for people here, golem.de visited the Hetzner DC Campus in Falkenstein and wrote a nice article: Link (german) | Link (google translate) | deepl translation: https://pastebin.com/raw/AL56ahJg

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Interesting...their cookie acceptance seems broken in the translated page:

There's supposed to be an "accept cookies" button I think but there's only white space.

That's what I see on Firefox or Firefox without any ad blocker. Also on Safari with ABP. It shows up correctly on the non-translated page.

I hate the EU.

Thanked by 1pike
  • https://pastebin.com/raw/AL56ahJg

Dont blame the EU for this.

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited December 2022

@raindog308 said:
    Interesting...their cookie acceptance seems broken in the translated page:

There's supposed to be an "accept cookies" button I think but there's only white space.

That's what I see on Firefox or Firefox without any ad blocker. Also on Safari with ABP. It shows up correctly on the non-translated page.

I hate the EU.

Chrome, rightclick on original site, translation. Solved.

I'm sorry as a european that you cannot accept tracking on site modified by American company on browsrr from yet another American company. Totally our fault

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@AXYZE said: Totally our fault

The "OMG did you guys know there's this thing called cookies" panic and resulting regulation is, though.

• davidedavide Member
    edited December 2022

I always wondered how EU providers can compete in the global market for cloud and VPS's given the higher cost of everything there and their taxes. Hetzner compensate by offering cheaper consumer-grade hardware. Regulatory compliance may also confine some custumers to the EU.