Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NVME SSD VPS + Storage VPS over NFS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NVME SSD VPS + Storage VPS over NFS

ofitofit Member

Good. I have a question.
I want to use one VPS with NVME SSD as primary (VestaCP + Nextcloud +Docker+Snap+Plex) and a second VPS Storage 500GB (backup files + Nextcloud storage + files for plex) connected via NFS. But the provider does not have a private network, but the VPS is located in the same data center, then you can not use encryption for NFS. Posut both on a private network and without it in one data center, the provider can see the traffic. I know that I can use sshfs for this, but I think NFS will be much faster and will consume a lot less CPU.
Please share your experience and tell me what do you think? Thank you.

Comments

• wireguard

• @reizhi said:
    wireguard

I know about wireguard, but does it make sense to use it if the VPS are in the same data center?

• @ofit said:

@reizhi said:
    wireguard

I know about wireguard, but does it make sense to use it if the VPS are in the same data center?

if your provider doesn’t offer internal data center network, then the NFS is over internet anyway. wireguard offers a better security

Thanked by 1bdl
  • wireguard!

• Even if the vps is in the same dc i'd still use wireguard to encrypt the nfs traffic.

Thanked by 1bdl