Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTF is going on at VirMach?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WTF is going on at VirMach?

I have two VPSes at VirMach which have been inaccessible for over a month -- I cannot even load the service details in the control panel.

No response whatsoever to support ticket.

Looks like another exit scam.

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

VirmAche has @deadpool'ed on LET.
    They are active on Lancaster Environment Service only.

• justchiljustchil Member
    edited November 2022

I think this is normal behavior from them

• You’ve been Virmach’ed

Thanked by 3yoursunny ehab Kebab
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2022

Dead for a month?
    Sounds like TPAZ002/TPAZ005 that went offline and no news after that :P

But hey, at least you can login into panel :D https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182911/virmach-2fa-input-page-broken-for-everyone#latest

• Their status page shows that they are down in Seattle. I also have trust issues with hosts like this who hide their domain contact info.

Thanked by 1Bertie
  • @VirMach is active now on OGF, consider blaming them there

• I haven't had any issues with them recently. Aside from a few days in September, it's had great uptime.

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

Virmach is quite popular on this community ?

• Virmach has gone to hell.

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

@BilohBucks said:
    @VirMach is active now on OGF, consider blaming them there

Means their followers will now swarm OGF ?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

You need to open a wallet and pay for a premium response even if the issue with their nodes, VirMach will not reply here for free.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 2022

@whiterabbit said:
    I have two VPSes at VirMach which have been inaccessible for over a month -- I cannot even load the service details in the control panel.

No response whatsoever to support ticket.

Looks like another exit scam.

It would be easier for us to know wtf you're talking about if you said where those servers were and quote the relevant Virmach's Network Status page references.

• as soon as his $200 expires here, all his tags will probably be ripped off

• @TimboJones said:
    It would be easier for us to know wtf you're talking about if you said where those servers were and quote the relevant Virmach's Network Status page references.

I agree, it would be easier if I could open any of my service details page and see any information about them, such as where the servers are, what their IPs are, or anything else.

• Downtime is usual for virmach. They never reply to tickets demanding bobs and vegana.

Thanked by 2Logano ehab
  • @whiterabbit said:

@TimboJones said:

I agree, it would be easier if I could open any of my service details page and see any information about them, such as where the servers are, what their IPs are, or anything else.

Are you serious? You bought them and don't know where they are located?

I'm sorry, NOBODY can help you.

• edited November 2022

Nan, Virmach's low-end help desk has been migrated

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

I don't even think Virmach knows what's going on at Virmach.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • think im not going to continue my TYO service next year, its cheap and generous spec but also high risk with outages and (recently) poor support too,

altough up till now i only once created a ticket about a year ago (for upgrade possibility and they briefly answered no) and i have decent uptime for my vm, still big risk for me to face the unknown unknowns

oh, they changed my IP without notification, not good

• bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited November 2022

@inland said:
    Moderator/removed

Yeah - that's why I only deal with Navajos from Arizona.

• zedzed Member
    edited November 2022

seriously, if you have a little time and you aren't already following the virmach saga over at that other place, it's a fucking hilarious read. daily explosions, angry customers, valiant defenders of the true faith. the only thing missing is sex, it could make a GREAT dramatic web series.

edit: i keep wondering why @Nekki doesn't chime in over there but i guess he's being managed pretty severely.

Thanked by 1Void
  • The servers I've had with them for years came due this month and I refused to renew. My main server with them went down back in june/july , up in August, then down again and never returned. Stay as far away as possible.

• Quantum computing. Using modified observer effects, your service is both up and down until you check on it. Then using some inverse probabilities, the greater your need for the service, the greater the likelihood that it, and the support department will be unresponsive.

Or if you prefer Schrodinger: That cat is (sometimes) dead.

• emgemg Veteran

@taff said: the greater your need for the service, the greater the likelihood that it, and the support department will be unresponsive.

Copy machines and printers used to come equipped with a built-in "crisis detector" which could sense your moment of greatest need ... and then cause the equipment to fail in some spectacular, dramatic way. It came standard, not optional.

• sorry, but what is OGF?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@whiterabbit said:
    sorry, but what is OGF?

Odenton Geocaching Foundation

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • deadpool

• --------->^