Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN Unlimited/Keepsolid Lifetime being gradually phased out from Stacksocial?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN Unlimited/Keepsolid Lifetime being gradually phased out from Stacksocial?

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited November 2022 in General

It was brought to my attention that it seems like Keepsolid has discontinued (for now) offering Keepsolid/VPN Unlimited lifetime subscription as a standalone item on Stacksocial.

This appears to indeed be true when checking https://stacksocial.com/brands/keepsolid (see screenshot below).

Now, there could be various reasons for that. For one, VPN Unlimited/Keepsolid lifetime is still being offered, but only in a bundle (e.g. with Sticky PW manager). This could mean they are slowly looking to phase out their lifetime deal from Keepsolid. In that case people looking to get it should do so before it's gone like Windscribe lifetime. Of course, it could also just be a marketing thing, offering VPN Unlimited/Keepsolid lifetime along with Sticky PW Manager and at one point the standalone item will return.

Just thought this would be a nice FYI :)

Only coupon according to Honey extension currently is "FJOJETR" bringing it to 26$ish.
Still a great price for a decent VPN (although sticky pw is probably just crap).

Thanked by 2evnix Arkas

Comments

• Yup. Noticed it on Friday when a friend of mine attempted to get it after my recommendation. Still, they could get it for $29.00 (+ coupons) with the Sticky Password manager. Around the same price when I got it standalone.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @sgheghele said:
    Yup. Noticed it on Friday when a friend of mine attempted to get it after my recommendation. Still, they could get it for $29.00 (+ coupons) with the Sticky Password manager. Around the same price when I got it standalone.

Yup, 29$ is still a great price. Standalone price normally (at least lately) was 39,99$ iirc (without discounts). With discounts it would be even better. Still it seems to be a bit odd and I am not sure the standalone item will actually return. Of course, this could go both ways.

Thanked by 1iroyway
  • KeepSolid is probably one of the best value I have got for the money.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @evnix said:
    KeepSolid is probably one of the best value I have got for the money.

Same here. Solid since 2016

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Ympker said: Same here. Solid since 2016

I can confirm it as well. Great VFM!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • How do you guys compare Ivacy, KeepSolid and Windscribe? Which is the best in terms of speed and anonymity?

• I need a VPN with a consistent, repeatable same IP, where I can select individual servers and connect to the same server (not just country) again. I currently have ProtonVPN where that's possible but I also need different IP ranges. More countries and servers are better, cheaper too. Anonymity and speed don't matter so much for this purpose, I have other VPNs for that already. Is any of these lifetime offer suited for that?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2022

@shajeeafzal said:
    How do you guys compare Ivacy, KeepSolid and Windscribe? Which is the best in terms of speed and anonymity?

I've had the best speeds with KeepSolid, Wireguard protocol (using their client).

In terms of anonymity, KeepSolid is based in US, so perhaps not best for DMCA stuff. Then again, I haven't had an issue so far and they have torrenting locations if that's what you need. Windscribe is based in Canada but at least appears to be valued for their privacy-first approach by their community. Ivacy is based in Singapore and probably most "off-shore" if anything. They are likely a PureVPN reseller, so make of that what you want.
    If I had to choose, probably any of them is fine for streaming/unblocking and downloads, probably even torrenting. Anything where you need more "privacy" let alone "anonymity" (all of these vpns don't make you anonymous), you are better off looking in the direction of OVPN, Mullvad etc.

@s33b said:
    I need a VPN with a consistent, repeatable same IP, where I can select individual servers and connect to the same server (not just country) again. I currently have ProtonVPN where that's possible but I also need different IP ranges. More countries and servers are better, cheaper too. Anonymity and speed don't matter so much for this purpose, I have other VPNs for that already. Is any of these lifetime offer suited for that?

https://windscribe.com/features/static-ips could be something for you. Iirc their static IPs (still shared but you get a static one) start from 24$ish per year.

• I have purchased and tried some VPNs, none of them have been a good experience in mainland China because of the Great Firewall,so I bought some vps to build my own VPNs, at this stage I think the best tool to use is Trojan and Hysteria

1.Lifetime Plans: VPN Unlimited, Ivacy, FasyestVPN, Getflix

2.Ten years remaining: AdGuard VPN

3.Trial: TorGuard, WeVPN, Surfshark, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, Windscribe, TunnelBear, Cyberghost, Hide.me etc.

Translated by Google, hope you guys can read it

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2022

@kubsb said:
    I have purchased and tried some VPNs, none of them have been a good experience in mainland China because of the Great Firewall,so I bought some vps to build my own VPNs, at this stage I think the best tool to use is Trojan and Hysteria

1.Lifetime Plans: VPN Unlimited, Ivacy, FasyestVPN, Getflix

2.Ten years remaining: AdGuard VPN

3.Trial: TorGuard, WeVPN, Surfshark, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, Windscribe, TunnelBear, Cyberghost, Hide.me etc.

Translated by Google, hope you guys can read it

Mysterium VPN might be something for you. Decentralised and pay by usage.

https://www.mysterium.network/

Thanked by 1Ultrapassion
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Also for Linux users out there like myself, Keepsolid and Windscribe have native Linux Apps :smile:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @s33b said:
    I need a VPN with a consistent, repeatable same IP, where I can select individual servers and connect to the same server (not just country) again. I currently have ProtonVPN where that's possible but I also need different IP ranges. More countries and servers are better, cheaper too. Anonymity and speed don't matter so much for this purpose, I have other VPNs for that already. Is any of these lifetime offer suited for that?

Does it need to be the same IP address or within the same /24? I use Mullvad, and of the servers I've tried, they rotate between a few consecutive exit IP addresses within the same /24.

• WickedWicked Member
    edited November 2022

Might pick up this. Paying like 3 €/m for PIA makes no sense.

But is the VPN Unlimited on StackSocial the same as they offer for $99 on their website? (https://www.keepsolid.com/promo/cyber-monday?utm_source=cyber-monday-vpnu-banner&utm_medium=vpnu-site&utm_campaign=cyber-monday)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2022

@Wicked said:
    Might pick up this. Paying like 3 €/m for PIA makes no sense.

But is the VPN Unlimited on StackSocial the same as they offer for $99 on their website? (https://www.keepsolid.com/promo/cyber-monday?utm_source=cyber-monday-vpnu-banner&utm_medium=vpnu-site&utm_campaign=cyber-monday)

Yup, that should be exactly the same VPN Unlimited :) Not sure if on their own website you get more devices (Stacksocial plan allows for 5 devices). I agree, paying monthly for smth like PIA wouldn't make sense. I used to pay for NordVPN and some others before, in 2016, I bought a lifetime sub of VPN Unlimited and now have saved a lot of years of sub already.

Only worth paying monthly/yearly if you want something more private/secure like Mullvad/OVPN, but for 80% of VPN users who just want to stream, dl and maybe torrent and save money while shopping from geolocations, Keepsolid is more than enough :)

Thanked by 1Wicked
  • @r4h156 said:
    Does it need to be the same IP address or within the same /24? I use Mullvad, and of the servers I've tried, they rotate between a few consecutive exit IP addresses within the same /24.

Should be the same, I don't want to have different accounts to be linked which each other over the IP address so each account strictly needs its own IP. Otherwise I can only use the whole location/country for one account.

• I purchased 24+3 months of surfshark vpn and got 105% cashback from topcashback

There are offers for multiple vpn services but make sure you read the terms for each offer as for this one for example it has to be the first time you register with surfshark.

For nordvpn you get 95% cashback and it is also for new customers only.

topcashback (aff link)

non aff link

• stacksocial didnt provide any 40% BF/CM coupons this year.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Actually I think the StackSocial version doesn't include their DNS Firewall

• @NewToTheGame said:
    Actually I think the StackSocial version doesn't include their DNS Firewall

Not something I'd really miss.

@msallak1 said:
    I purchased 24+3 months of surfshark vpn and got 105% cashback from topcashback

There are offers for multiple vpn services but make sure you read the terms for each offer as for this one for example it has to be the first time you register with surfshark.

For nordvpn you get 95% cashback and it is also for new customers only.

topcashback (aff link)

non aff link

I'd rather pay the 30$ for lifetime deal once then stop worrying about it. Still, cashback programs are also a way you can go, I guess :P

• For me, buyinbg at stacksocial is kinda nightmare. First it was their system problem with PayPal, they reserved money without processing order. Contacted and they apologized. Second time trying to buy, now with CC. And their system denied it with "contact support, as you are bot" message.

Unacceptable.

Is there any other website where can I buy cheap VPN deals? Need for Xbox regional restrictions.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2022

@LTniger said:
    For me, buyinbg at stacksocial is kinda nightmare. First it was their system problem with PayPal, they reserved money without processing order. Contacted and they apologized. Second time trying to buy, now with CC. And their system denied it with "contact support, as you are bot" message.

Unacceptable.

Is there any other website where can I buy cheap VPN deals? Need for Xbox regional restrictions.

That's odd. I've bought a lot on Stacksocial and never had issues. Still, undeniably, it doesn't seem to work as smoothly for everyone. Weird.

https://fastestvpn.com/lifetime directly available

Thanked by 1Levi
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2022

Seems like Keepsolid now also removed the Stickypw combo deal that included Keepsolid Lifetime VPN for 29,99$. The only way to still get Keepsolid VPN Lifetime through Stacksocial now is through the 89,99$ deal that's bundled with Degoo. Appears like, in the light of energy crisis etc, they may have decided to actually phase out lifetime offers (or only keep them on their original website, but way more expensive):

• @Ympker said:
    Seems like Keepsolid now also removed the Stickypw combo deal that included Keepsolid Lifetime VPN for 29,99$. The only way to still get Keepsolid VPN Lifetime through Stacksocial now is through the 89,99$ deal that's bundled with Degoo. Appears like, in the light of energy crisis etc, they may have decided to actually phase out lifetime offers (or only keep them on their original website, but way more expensive):

Is degoo any good?

• @Liso said:

@Ympker said:

Is degoo any good?

Made in Sweden iirc. Claim Zero Knowledge but Reddit says some users have had their libraries scanned and closed due to dmca. I use Degoo free (100gb) on my phone to backup WhatsApp media (lots of bs from too many groups I'm in; don't want that to mix with my curated photo collection). It works well. They don't have any desktop client iirc. Only web gui and mobiel apps.

• @Ympker said:

@Liso said:

@Ympker said:

Is degoo any good?

Made in Sweden iirc. Claim Zero Knowledge but Reddit says some users have had their libraries scanned and closed due to dmca. I use Degoo free (100gb) on my phone to backup WhatsApp media (lots of bs from too many groups I'm in; don't want that to mix with my curated photo collection). It works well. They don't have any desktop client iirc. Only web gui and mobiel apps.

Wow.. free 100gb.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Liso said:

@Ympker said:

@Liso said:

@Ympker said:

Is degoo any good?

Wow.. free 100gb.

Yeah, it's been decent so far. I don't store any dmca, so I haven't run into issues. Ofc, you can also encrypt files before uploading

• @Ympker said:

Guess the party's over then for Keepsolid lifetime on Stacksocial. Congrats to all who got in on it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @TimRoo said:

@Ympker said:

Guess the party's over then for Keepsolid lifetime on Stacksocial. Congrats to all who got in on it.

Seems like it. More than happy I pulled the trigger back then and that I could share the deal with some of the community throughout the years. Good while it lasted :)

This is like WS saying goodbye.

Thanked by 2ThracianDog TimRoo
  • @Ympker said:

@TimRoo said:

@Ympker said:

Seems like it. More than happy I pulled the trigger back then and that I could share the deal with some of the community throughout the years. Good while it lasted :)

Yep, appreciate you posting on it. I'm 95% sure I got it because you posted it on here. Thanks!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2022

@TimRoo said:

@Ympker said:

@TimRoo said:

@Ympker said:

Yep, appreciate you posting on it. I'm 95% sure I got it because you posted it on here. Thanks!

Thanks! Happy to help :)

Thanked by 2TimRoo nowthisisfun