Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Deal of 2022 Black Friday?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Deal of 2022 Black Friday?

Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

Black Friday - Cyber Monday isn't over yet but a majority of the sales have been posted.
I was wondering what has been the highlight purchase this year.
Doesn't have to be hosting-related, can be anything!

What did you value the most and are excited to have gotten?

Thanked by 1plumberg

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Great question, I am curious to see the answers.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Didn't managed to get it but your $13.37/yr 500GB HDD VPS deal looks pretty good enough :smiley:

I was eyeing on some hardwares but at last bought nothing this BF... CM just started so not sure whether will see something nice

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Storage server from LiteServer and VPS from GreenCloud at $15/yr. Great value.

• raviravi Member
    edited November 2022

Following this thread to find what I might have missed.

Deals posted in @FAT32 thread are really great, but extremely hard to grab.
    I failed to grab any deal from this thread.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182485/black-friday-cyber-monday-official-megathread-flash-sale-2022

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

Personally, I have gotten old. I used to go for many electronics etc...
    My goal for this black Friday was new warm clothes from Cabelas. Got some new flannel button-down shirts for the winter. Gottem at a great price too!

Thanked by 2Ympker Zyra
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I wanted to get good headphones for all team members in the office, but I couldn't find good deals in EU. I was shopping for a base model M2 macbook air - but nothing appeared as well. And I wanted a new 5k monitor/monitors - still nothing. So all in all - clothes.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

I didn't buy anything but sold alot B)

• ralfralf Member
    edited November 2022

This was without a doubt my favourite offer here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182739/inception-hosting-black-friday-offer-thread-more-than-50-off-extra-disk-and-bandwidth/p1

Closely followed by the Advin $6 chess special.

Also grabbed a non-BF Hetzner dedi in the auctions, which I've been contemplating for a while.

Didn't buy anything in the real world, but I did go for a lovely 15km walk in the countryside today to get away from the screen.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Bought some protein powder lol

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2022

I found many of the BF deals at retailers and mainly online shops were fake. Just look at Amazon, many BF/lightning deals said 25-50% off, but it was either retail price is only 10-20% off realistically.

Economies are shit, many people don't have money to blow, small businesses can't hand out things this year.

• @Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    Black Friday - Cyber Monday isn't over yet but a majority of the sales have been posted.
    I was wondering what has been the highlight purchase this year.
    Doesn't have to be hosting-related, can be anything!

What did you value the most and are excited to have gotten?

Probably your offers. Quite spicy.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited November 2022

Anyway so far I've purchased 1 or two steam games, some tetris, man am I that old?
    Once you got dedicated servers and colo equipment there is nothing to get here. Sadly... 0 fomo.

I used to be happy person.

@Hxxx said:
    Anyway so far I've purchased 1 or two steam games, some tetris, man am I that old?
    Once you got dedicated servers and colo equipment there is nothing to get here. Sadly... 0 fomo.

I used to be happy person.

Oh true I forgot, Age of Empires 4 was on sale on steam. Decided it was time to buy it!

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • For me the best deal was hiding behind a chess captcha - you have to love that although I couldn't grab it.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @cxg_pxpzaf12jfhr said:
    For me the best deal was hiding behind a chess captcha - you have to love that although I couldn't grab it.

sounds like a great story. Tell us more.

• Asus ROG Zephyrus Laptop, i9-12900H, 3080Ti, 48G ddr5, 2x2T NVMe for $1.26K, Pretty sure it would be a nice deal. My old MSI GS65 i7-8700H Laptop can finally get retired.

• kidrockkidrock Member
    edited November 2022

Mxroute email hosting for $3.6/yr from their reseller 🙂
    Oh and started using wearing my idle VPS Adidas sneakers that I bought 4 yrs back 😁

@ihell said:
    Asus ROG Zephyrus Laptop, i9-12900H, 3080Ti, 48G ddr5, 2x2T NVMe for $1.26K, Pretty sure it would be a nice deal. My old MSI GS65 i7-8700H Laptop can finally get retired.

Where did you find such a deal?

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • @Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@ihell said:
    Asus ROG Zephyrus Laptop, i9-12900H, 3080Ti, 48G ddr5, 2x2T NVMe for $1.26K, Pretty sure it would be a nice deal. My old MSI GS65 i7-8700H Laptop can finally get retired.

Ya that's a steal for the specs. Wow 😯

• @ihell said:

Indeed a great deal. I got my laptop with i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 512GB and 3060 for ~$1.45k.

• @Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@ihell said:

Factory spec laptop (2T+16G, 8G soldered) for $1.1K from ebay bidding (brand-new). Pulled the 8G ram from the laptop and sold it for $28. Bought Micron 32G D5-4800 and Adata S11Lite from AliExpress for ~280.

Thanked by 1commercial
  • @ihell said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@ihell said:

Factory spec laptop (2T+16G, 8G soldered) for $1.1K from ebay bidding (brand-new). Pulled the 8G ram from the laptop and sold it for $28. Bought Micron 32G D5-4800 and Adata S11Lite from AliExpress for ~280.

How do you pull out soldered RAM?

• @GreenRuby said:

@ihell said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@ihell said:

How do you pull out soldered RAM?

8G solered + 8G stick. The removable stick RAM.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited November 2022

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

As a Canadian the dedicated server offer from @servarica_hani was the best deal for me!

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited November 2022

@Ympker said:
    Bought some protein powder lol

Any site or local? Protein powder got crazy expensive in the last 2-3 years. Myprotein bumped their prices like x3-x5, crazy.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited November 2022

@FAT32 said:
    Didn't managed to get it but your $13.37/yr 500GB HDD VPS deal looks pretty good enough :smiley:

I was eyeing on some hardwares but at last bought nothing this BF... CM just started so not sure whether will see something nice

That does sound like a sweet deal, maybe @Ian_Dot_Tech could find something in his Santa bag? After all, @FAT32 has been running all these amazing community projects for this forum.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • I'm about to get my first ASN thanks to @Cloudie

Thanked by 1Cloudie
  • aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

$240 3900x's @ Micro Center

• @Ian_Dot_Tech said: Oh true I forgot, Age of Empires 4 was on sale on steam. Decided it was time to buy it!

Just bought it too - thanks for the tip. Played AOE 3, and even 1, quite a while ago.