Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS/Blesta/HostBill/WISECP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS/Blesta/HostBill/WISECP

Its BF and some of these solutions for recurring billing are on sale.

Which is the best for a lifetime license?

Comments

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

HostBill has 20% off on plugins

• ClientExec was the easiest for me to transition to from WHMCS IMO

• Hostbill

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

@JamesF said:
    HostBill has 20% off on plugins

They have discount on everything not only on plugins.

• Should I get that or Hostbill / ClientExec?

• If you buy a VPS with Racknerd you can request a free Clientexec license. You can check the video they have in their blog.

Thanked by 1Koh
  • @trycatchthis I found it for you https://blog.racknerd.com/free-clientexec-license/
    I would suggest you buy one of the VPS for 10 or 16 USD and you can request the free Clientexec license. Hope this is helping you!

• @Sapcedor said:
    @trycatchthis I found it for you https://blog.racknerd.com/free-clientexec-license/
    I would suggest you buy one of the VPS for 10 or 16 USD and you can request the free Clientexec license. Hope this is helping you!

Did they have to bulk buy a clientexec license in order to do that?

• I pulled the trigger for Blesta Lifetime.
    As a man falling off a 10 storey building can say:
    "So far, so good."

:)

Thanked by 1JamesF
  • @trycatchthis I do not know how they do it, but I can confirm that I have my free Clientexec license thanks of them.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I bought HostBill last year and have yet to migrate from WHMCS.

• That make sense, I honestly think WHMCS is the best one.

• Try WISECP, even though they are not running any BF/CM deal. Their WHMCS migrator is very good. They are running an LTD at $750 now.

• niceboyniceboy Veteran
    edited November 2022

@Sapcedor said:
    That make sense, I honestly think WHMCS is the best one.

Tried both blesta and clientexec. But, felt they are lacking basic features.

If you must choose one of them, I prefer blesta.

• From what I can tell you pay $171 then $40 a year to renew. The lifetime plan is $750us

• @trycatchthis said:

From what I can tell you pay $171 then $40 a year to renew. The lifetime plan is $750us

Indeed, 40$ to renew getting support and updates. But I mentioned Unbranded, not lifetime one :)

• I went with Hostbill after trying Blesta and not wanting to do monthly WHMCS.

• @analog said:
    I went with Hostbill after trying Blesta and not wanting to do monthly WHMCS.

What is better about hostbill vs blesta?
    Did you get the hostbill lifetime?

• Hostbill has nearly all modules you can think of if you take the datacenter licence.
    Also it is always a lifetime licence, you only have to pay support 99$ / year.

I also have a Hostbill licence since last year and I am yet to migrate from WHMCS but the software is really good ant their support is reactive (but you have to pay for tickets once you have exausted the amount of support cases included with your licence).

Only issue I see are that the admin dashboard is ugly and the templates are not impressive either.. I am convinced they would sell a lot more if they invested in a refresh of the user and admin interfaces.

• @netswitch said:
    Hostbill has nearly all modules you can think of if you take the datacenter licence.
    Also it is always a lifetime licence, you only have to pay support 99$ / year.

I also have a Hostbill licence since last year and I am yet to migrate from WHMCS but the software is really good ant their support is reactive (but you have to pay for tickets once you have exausted the amount of support cases included with your licence).

Only issue I see are that the admin dashboard is ugly and the templates are not impressive either.. I am convinced they would sell a lot more if they invested in a refresh of the user and admin interfaces.

I got blesta as it had low barrier to entry with 171 first year, and 40usd next year.
    I'm still looking at the others though.

• @trycatchthis said:

@analog said:
    I went with Hostbill after trying Blesta and not wanting to do monthly WHMCS.

What is better about hostbill vs blesta?
    Did you get the hostbill lifetime?

I thought all Hostbill plans were lifetime? It's a lifetime license but I still pay a yearly amount for access to updates (I think its around $50). Hostbill already had modules for what I needed that blesta didn't have, it also seemed like a larger project at the time.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@analog said:

I thought all Hostbill plans were lifetime? It's a lifetime license but I still pay a yearly amount for access to updates (I think its around $50). Hostbill already had modules for what I needed that blesta didn't have, it also seemed like a larger project at the time.

Updates are $99/year and they do update quite often.

Hostbill would be the first choice now, but I didn't buy it this BF for the 3 following reasons combined:

1. No answer to second pre-sale email.
    2. Purchase would not solve exactly what I wanted to achieve.
    3. It wouldn't make me better just for using it.

Yet if would be starting today, I'd be heading straight to Hostbill.

• @vero said:

Yet if would be starting today, I'd be heading straight to Hostbill.

This was the position I was in. New project and narrowed my choices down to these 3. I used WHMCS in the past previous to this and saw they no longer had lifetime and the monthly prices all went up.

@vero said:

Updates are $99/year and they do update quite often.

This I like. They certainly do update quite frequently and bug fixes also get addressed. Just a few weeks back there was an issue I was having with one of the payment plugins that ended up being a bug and it got fixed within a day of me opening a ticket to report.

@vero said:

1. No answer to second pre-sale email.

I have noticed that they could be slower to respond to sales or general emails but support tickets have always been really quick for me. However, they do cost money if you run out of any included tickets with your package (though bug reports dont count).

@analog said:

I have noticed that they could be slower to respond to sales or general emails

Who cares about sales these days anyway.. :) That one missing email would have gotten them 900€ with very high probability.

You'd never guess who just replied me right now :o Would you? ;)

• @vero said:

Think they saw this thread?

@trycatchthis said:

@vero said:

Think they saw this thread?

Coincidences do happen, but more than two weeks passed after my email already.. I think I saw their representative in this forum. What can I say - as long as you're on LET, you're insured :) Sadly this year Hostbill's budget already shared among devs, who reply very fast, and some new hardware.