Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Features similar to Vultr or Linode?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Features similar to Vultr or Linode?

I'm looking for a highly reliable provider for up to 15 VPS servers for long term hosting. I'd like to spread the VPS across 2 or 3 USA data centers (e.g., TX, NJ, FL, Atlanta, Chicago, etc.) for some redundancy. The main features I'm missing from current provider are:

• on-demand snapshots
  • spin up a new VPS from a stored snapshot even across data centers

I realize it's probably expecting too much to find features fully on par with Vultr or Digital Ocean at these prices, but if anyone has suggestions or offers, please let me know.

I'm with a great provider now and have been with them for years, and it will be hard to leave because they are very reliable & solid. Looking for that same quality with a more feature-rich control panel.

OS support must include Arch Linux ISO image

VZ Type: KVM

Number of Cores: 1 vcore
RAM: 2 GB
Disk Space: 10 to 20 GB
Disk Type: SSD

Bandwidth: 5 TB (we almost never use it all)
Port Speed: Gigabit

DDoS Protection: NO

Number of IPs: 1 IPv4 (DHCP support)

Budget: $20/year
The above should be in USD.

Billing period: prepay yearly

Comments

• @DGT2 said: Budget: $20/year

There is no Vultr/Linode similar feature set under this price range. It is unsustainable. You can find some generic hosts, but definitely not with premium/custom made, or tailored to specific needs, feature set.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2022

Closest you can find is Hetzner Cloud, no way you'll find a provider in your budget that doesn't just use SolusVM/Virtualizor/VirtFusion/Proxmox

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep
  • @LTniger said:

@DGT2 said: Budget: $20/year

There is no Vultr/Linode similar feature set under this price range. It is unsustainable. You can find some generic hosts, but definitely not with premium/custom made, or tailored to specific needs, feature set.

What budget would I need to set? Or for those features, would you just suggest Vultr/Linode? Thank you.

• ramnode.com?

The pricing they list looks higher than Vultr at first glance. What deals should I seek out?

• @Advin said:
    Closest you can find is Hetzner Cloud, no way you'll find a provider in your budget that doesn't just use SolusVM/Virtualizor/VirtFusion/Proxmox

Thanks. I see Hetzner Cloud is expanding to USA. They only have 1 datacenter here so far, but I'll keep an eye on them. Listed prices look higher than Vultr though.