Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pCloud 500GB for 139€ lifetime
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

pCloud 500GB for 139€ lifetime

Currently, pCloud lifetime deal is reduced to 139€/500GB. Might be a good chance to grab it.

https://www.pcloud.com/black-friday?channelid=2027&label=BF22

Comments

• which is better? koofr or pcloud?

• @comXyz said:
    which is better? koofr or pcloud?

Pcloud has more features
    My personal favorite is koofr. I trust koofr more than pcloud

• @adwsislife said:

@comXyz said:

Pcloud has more features

I have both. I trust pCloud more, because I see more "life signs" (ppl talking about it, appstore ratings and downloads, followers etc). Ofc these are just numbers, but with Koofr it's kinda hard to guess how many ppl are actually using them.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited November 2022

There's a bit more info about Koofr in their native language. I am too lazy to translate it, so used google translate:

Koofr's business is divided into two segments.

• The first segment is secure data storage in the cloud, which allows storing, editing and sharing data in one place and works in all modern browsers and on iOS, Android, macOS, Windows and Linux devices. All data stored in the Koofr cloud storage is stored in the European Union. The company is bound by European legislation in the field of privacy.

• The second segment is data storage in the cloud for medium and large companies and Internet providers, for which Koofr sets up and manages its own private cloud, both for internal needs and for sales to customers.

In 2014, the company established a business partnership with the largest Romanian telecommunications company, RCS & RDS, with the DigiStorage service based on the technology developed at Koofr. Later in the same year, the company also started cooperation with Hrvatski telekom, d.d., the leading telecommunications company in Croatia.

In 2020, the company entered into a partnership with the social network Facebook. Koofr has become one of currently three Facebook partners that allow users to export photos and videos from their Facebook profile to cloud storage. The other two partners are the much more well-known companies Google and Dropbox. Koofr thus became the first European partner in the Data Transfer Project initiative, which aims to enable users to transfer their data between different online service providers at any time. Companies such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Apple and Twitter participate in the initiative. Koofr was invited by Facebook to participate, as they recognized them as a trusted provider of cloud data storage services, with an emphasis on the privacy of their users.

source: https://sl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koofr

They aren't that big, but they seems to actively grow in many areas. Even my mobile operator - second largest telecommunications operator/ISP in my country (owned by the international telecommunications group A1 Telekom Austria Group) have some sort of contract with them to offer additional 5GB on the top of the free 10GB koofr space for their subscribers for free.

I checked also their financial report for the last few years. Their growth isn't that big, but steady. Every financial year they end up with a little bit more profit than previous year.

What makes me sceptical with all those hosts are their lifetime offers. That's nothing but pyramid scheme and Koofr just like pCloud here isn't any better.
    But on the other hand it seems like Koofr business doesn't depend solely on that and they are active in many areas.
    Their regular pricing (apart from those stacksocial offers) seems sustainable, so lets hope for the best.

Thanked by 2Ympker cxg
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2022

@Mumbly said:
    There's a bit more info about Koofr in their native language. I am too lazy to translate it, so used google translate:

Koofr's business is divided into two segments.

• The first segment is secure data storage in the cloud, which allows storing, editing and sharing data in one place and works in all modern browsers and on iOS, Android, macOS, Windows and Linux devices. All data stored in the Koofr cloud storage is stored in the European Union. The company is bound by European legislation in the field of privacy.

• The second segment is data storage in the cloud for medium and large companies and Internet providers, for which Koofr sets up and manages its own private cloud, both for internal needs and for sales to customers.

In 2014, the company established a business partnership with the largest Romanian telecommunications company, RCS & RDS, with the DigiStorage service based on the technology developed at Koofr. Later in the same year, the company also started cooperation with Hrvatski telekom, d.d., the leading telecommunications company in Croatia.

In 2020, the company entered into a partnership with the social network Facebook. Koofr has become one of currently three Facebook partners that allow users to export photos and videos from their Facebook profile to cloud storage. The other two partners are the much more well-known companies Google and Dropbox. Koofr thus became the first European partner in the Data Transfer Project initiative, which aims to enable users to transfer their data between different online service providers at any time. Companies such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Apple and Twitter participate in the initiative. Koofr was invited by Facebook to participate, as they recognized them as a trusted provider of cloud data storage services, with an emphasis on the privacy of their users.

source: https://sl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koofr

They aren't that big, but they seems active in many areas. Even my mobile operator - second largest telecommunications operator/ISP in my country (owned by the international telecommunications group A1 Telekom Austria Group) have some sort of contract with them to offer additional 5GB on the top of the free 10GB koofr space for their subscribers for free.

I checked also their financial report for the last few years. Their growth isn't that big, but steady. Every financial year end with some little profit.

What makes me sceptical with all those hosts are their lifetime offers. That's nothing but pyramid scheme and Koofr just like pCloud here isn't any better.
    But on the other hand it seems like Koofr business doesn't depend solely on that and they are active in many areas. Their regular pricing (apart from those stacksocial offers) seems sustainable, so lets hope for the best.

Yeah, Koofr doesn't sound all that "bad", of course. I am using them and have been happy ever since. It's just that from pCloud I feel like I am seeing more "live signs" and I would also expect that e.g. Google Trends would show way more searches related to pCloud than Koofr. Just like socials which would feature more content related to pCloud than Koofr. As you said, however, that's just one way to "measure" a company's "success/reliability". Both companies have been in the game for many years and I feel like Koofr has found its' niche and as per your findings manages to write green numbers. That's great! As for pCloud, I believe they are also running different business models. Consumer free/paid cloud storage, they also cater to families (similar to ms drive they offer a family plan), they offer white-label storage for companies, so they also have a b2b business and they recently published launched their password manager.

Judging by Crunchbase data, both companies seem to be doing "fine", but e.g. in the "Technology" tab, pCloud has way more downloads etc than Koofr (last 30 days app downloads from pCloud were 60000+, from Koofr only 448). Then again, Koofr experienced a 400%+ rise in monthly visits, pCloud -2%ish. It appears Koofr had more monthly visits to desktop&mobile sites the past 30 days than pCloud (pCloud has some 4 million visits, Koofr some 5 million visits).

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/pcloud

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/koofr/

In the end, both are probably a good choice and it comes down to individual preferance/needs.

Koofr also supports rcone btw https://rclone.org/koofr/

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • I have 1 terabyte of memory for free from mail.ru forever, handed out a long time ago when opening

• @adwsislife said:

@comXyz said:

Pcloud has more features

Have both Koofr 1TB and PCloud 2TB lifetime accounts.

Both are solid. PCloud has had some drama in the past about arbitrarily deleting accounts that had copyrighted content on them. I've been very careful to use Cryptomator or RClone to upload files and haven't experienced any issues personally.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • now gone up to 199EUR

• @nocloud said:
    now gone up to 199EUR

For me 500GB still shows for 139€.

• I see also 139EUR
    ONE-TIME PAYMENT

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I'm still having plenty of "unlimited lifetime" google accounts, I'm not sure if the lifetime of them is longer or shorter than the paid ones from koofr or pcloud 😂

• PilotseyePilotseye Member
    edited February 2023

Offer is back for Valentines Day - https://www.pcloud.com/Valentine2023

Thanked by 3ehab Mumbly Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2023

Still happy with pCloud :)
    Can't believe I still haven't used up all storage.

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

looks like they don't have an API?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2023

@ericls said:

Never used API with them. They do support rclone though, iirc. Since they also offer reseller plans, maybe those would have api.

Also there's an API entry in docs: https://docs.pcloud.com/

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

@Ympker said:

@ericls said:

Never used API with them. They do support rclone though, iirc. Since they also offer reseller plans, maybe those would have api.

Also there's an API entry in docs: https://docs.pcloud.com/

Oh, thank you! Very useful link.

Thanked by 1Ympker