Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ShardHost (1GB Annual KVM $30, 512MB Annual KVM SSD $30, 512MB Annual KVM $20 + More) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ShardHost (1GB Annual KVM $30, 512MB Annual KVM SSD $30, 512MB Annual KVM $20 + More)

2»

Comments

• @xiaosong said:

Price still $35.84/y not $35/y...

• Pricing was taken on the GBP to USD value.

• I see in your AUS you do not prohibit Minecraft servers. Am I correct? Just a small, 5 person server?

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited October 2013

It seems they received lots of orders/tickets for this offer

• @FoShizz said:
    I see in your AUS you do not prohibit Minecraft servers. Am I correct? Just a small, 5 person server?

We have no problems with Minecraft servers

@jcaleb said:
    It seems they received lots of orders/tickets for this offer

Indeed we have. Have you had a problem with a ticket or order that needs adressing?

To note and make very clear due to the amount of tickets we are receiving for ISO requests, additions of ISOs will be processed within 48 hours (most likely 12 hours) during this weekend.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited October 2013

@ShardHostSarah I have ticket, but I'm pleased with response. I understand the good offer will pour lots of interest :) Good luck!

• @jcaleb said:
    ShardHostSarah I have ticket, but I'm please with response. I understand the good offer will pour lots of interest :) Good luck!

Please let me know ticket ID via PM as I do not see a ticket from yourself.

• It is resolved boss.

• I am interesting in 1 GB KVM SSD,but i need windows OS to be installed,can i require more SSD disk space?like addition 30G for $1?

• @johnstuman said:
    I am interesting in 1 GB KVM SSD,but i need windows OS to be installed,can i require more SSD disk space?like addition 30G for $1?

As RAM is so tightly linked to disk on our KVM plans it is only possible if you double/triple up which will double/triple the price

• edited October 2013

Just to note we will no longer be adding Windows ISOs for new clients or adding ISOs from non-official locations. It's causing us a lot of problems at the moment.

• please answer my ticket. check PM

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited October 2013

I have just ordered one in Dallas. Can you offer this plan in Buffalo as well? Alternatively - in Dallas on another node?

• @andrzej said:
    I have just ordered one in Dallas. Can you offer this plan in Buffalo as well? Alternatively - in Dallas on another node?

We do not have such hardware in Buffalo; however we can set up another plan on a different node. We have 27 nodes to choose from on this plan.

• @ShardHostSarah: Okay, duly noted. You might want to correct your offer, though. To wit: "All services are currently being offered out of our racks in Dallas, Texas (TierPoint DC with Colorossing) and Colocrossing Buffalo."

• @andrzej said:
    ShardHostSarah: Okay, duly noted. You might want to correct your offer, though. To wit: "All services are currently being offered out of our racks in Dallas, Texas (TierPoint DC with Colorossing) and Colocrossing Buffalo."

I can see the issue with the semantics there. We'll ensure it is changed on any future offers. If you find your second service is on the same node (you may check this in SolusVM) shoot us a ticket to have it moved

• How much for extra IPv4's?

• additional IPv4 are $1/mo with justification.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited October 2013

@ShardHostSarah said:
    Just to note we will no longer be adding Windows ISOs for new clients or adding ISOs from non-official locations. It's causing us a lot of problems at the moment.

don't support windows anymore?
    I've asked you about the windows 6 days ago and got the "yes" answer, but I'm a little busy recently, didn't order one, perhaps missed this offer :(

• @hotsnow said:
    I've asked you about the windows 6 days ago and got the "yes" answer, but I'm a little busy recently, didn't order one, perhaps missed this offer :(

In terms of Windows, I am afraid so yes.

• You guys own your own IPs or have any plans to get your own IPs?

• Well, I would rather cancel my vps with them, almost 24 hours vps is down. Tickets are not answered.

• How about small personal torrenting? No public trackers whatsoever will be used.

• @mpkossen said:
    You guys own your own IPs or have any plans to get your own IPs?

No we do not sadly. Were too late to the RIPE party on that one. The IPs we do have we have should cause no issue and we see no reason why we would be leaving the current DCs we are in. Most contracts are good for another 1-2 years and we have no intention of breaking them.

@alexvolk said:
    Well, I would rather cancel my vps with them, almost 24 hours vps is down. Tickets are not answered.

We've had a few issues over the last week or so, mostly due to staffing. I've personally been away for a number of days and have not even visited LET. I'll be taking care of any outstanding issues with VPS customers. Staffing issues have been resolved going forwards.

@FoShizz said:
    How about small personal torrenting? No public trackers whatsoever will be used.

Personal torrents are allowed for legal content. We will act on DMCA notices in line with our ToS

• @ShardHostSarah said:
    We currently serve over 3500 clients.

Are you sure about that bro?

• @ja351 said:
    Are you sure about that bro?

That number does fluctuate and across our brands is currently at 2800.

These plans have now ended. Anyone who has already signed up obviously locks in at the old price. Thanks!

• I thought it was 945.

• @ja351 said:
    I thought it was 945.

Sadly mistaken.

• Are you sure?