Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

static ip?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

static ip?

any idea to how to make my public ip is static to host website and vps’s or some thing like that because in my country static ip for 25k$ per month can i tunnel it with vpn or something

Comments

• 25k? I think it's bullshit. It's can't cost like that.

Yes, you can tunnel it with VPS help.

Thanked by 1crilla
  • @CalmDown said:
    25k? I think it's bullshit. It's can't cost like that.

Yes, you can tunnel it with VPS help.

u can check in saudi arabia how much is it

and any docs to tunnel it?

1. Cloudflare tunnel
    2. Vps + zerotier / tailscale / wireguard / reverse ssh + nginx proxy manager / caddy
    Thanked by 2crilla ariq01
  • @mmo25821 said:
    any idea to how to make my public ip is static to host website and vps’s or some thing like that because in my country static ip for 25k$ per month can i tunnel it with vpn or something

Why can't you use your dynamic public IP address together with a dynamic DNS service? A static IP address should only be needed for setting up a public DNS server, or a mailserver I think.

Or does the dynamic nature of the address also come with a stricter filter in your case, such as no incoming traffic allowed? In such case I would use a VPS with WireGuard and reverse http proxy.

• @lebuser said:

@mmo25821 said:

Why can't you use your dynamic public IP address together with a dynamic DNS service? A static IP address should only be needed for setting up a public DNS server, or a mailserver I think.

Or does the dynamic nature of the address also come with a stricter filter in your case, such as no incoming traffic allowed? In such case I would use a VPS with WireGuard and reverse http proxy.

no incoming traffic allowed

• emgemg Veteran
    edited November 2022

@mmo25821 said:

@mmo25821 said:
    no incoming traffic allowed

I assume the computer (server) is at a home or business in Saudi Arabia and has a typical internet connection. I assume that a business internet connection for a server costs US$ 25k ($25000) per month, which is US$ 300k per year. That seems excessive to me, and I wonder whether we are failing to understand something regarding pricing.

I would have suggested the dynamic DNS solution as well, but there are issues with that, too. Besides you said, "no incoming traffic allowed." I note that many home internet connections have very low upload speeds compared with download speeds. It may not work as a web server anyway, especially if there is a lot of traffic.

Questions:
    Is the "no incoming traffic allowed" enforced by your provider? Have you tested it? Do people connect to their home networks when they are traveling, for example? If so, can you set up dynamic DNS and just run with it anyway? What is the risk to trying it?

If not, then you are left to find a separate server on the internet somewhere. Go to the offers section and find a VPS that you like. Go to https://www.lowendbox.com to see more offers. Find one you like, and setup your website on it, rather than running the website from your restricted network. Note: Most of the VPSs sold here run Linux. You can find Windows VPSs, but they are much more expensive.

Some people have mentioned VPNs, but I don't understand how one would be used, especially a commercial VPN provider. I see no value in hosting the website from your home computer and having your website visitors go through the commercial VPN to the home computer. Keeping the VPN connection up 24x7 could be problematic. If you are thinking of running your own VPN on your own VPS, then why not host the website from your VPS in the first place?

Bottom line:
    Sign up for a VPS and run your website from it. If you do not have the skills to run your own VPS, then hire someone to manage it for you (for much less than $25k per month). Better yet, sign up for an ordinary shared hosting service and let them run the server for you (included with shared hosting), while you focus on your website. If you are concerned about shared use, then sign up for a dedicated server. It would be like a VPS, but where you "own" the entire computer. Shared hosting is usually less expensive than a typical VPS, and VPSs are usually less expensive than dedicated servers.

Does that help? What have I failed to understand?

• @merlinvn said:
    1. Cloudflare tunnel
    2. Vps + zerotier / tailscale / wireguard / reverse ssh + nginx proxy manager / caddy

Do you know any provider with that about image VPS ? I want buy

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@emg said: Is the "no incoming traffic allowed" enforced by your provider? Have you tested it? Do people connect to their home networks when they are traveling, for example?

Maybe they do not, because there might be no public IPv4 to begin with, only NAT.

@emg said: What is the risk to trying it?

Unrelated, but still comes to mind:
    Saudi woman given 34-year prison sentence for using Twitter
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/16/saudi-woman-given-34-year-prison-sentence-for-using-twitter

• @Gamexland said:

@merlinvn said:
    1. Cloudflare tunnel

Do you know any provider with that about image VPS ? I want buy

You just simply install and config those packages on any VPS by yourself. They're freely available.