Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The slowest support reply in your experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The slowest support reply in your experience

verovero Member, Host Rep

What was the longest period you had to wait for provider to respond to opened ticket or inquiry?

Contacted few providers recently and it starts to get interesting. I know people tend to become sleepy in autumn, but this may take matters further - right to improvement of the previous record.

Thanked by 1Occupier

Comments

• 5-6 days with OneProvider.
    This was a few years back but definitely memorable for a simple request.

• quadhost (went out of bussiness, have a thread on this...) over 6 months for a fucking reply

Thanked by 1Logano
  • One ISP in my country, 9months to ask what my issue was because the link with screenshot I sent had expired at that point...

• Indefinitely in some cases. A week is a long time and if they aren't answered by then I'd have to check, but I think those are likely never answered. These are not typical, but they do happen and by providers everyone here knows. Conversely, lots of providers, have excellent response times.

Anecdotally, I think it in a couple of cases it may have made a difference if a ticket was aimed at sales versus support versus something else. I've not noticed any particular patterns based on time-of-year, but I could imagine there are some. I don't think I've created enough tickets across enough providers to gauge seasonal trends.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

5 months.

Won't name the provider, so don't ask :smiley:

Wasn't that important anyways.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@magicvpn said:
    One ISP in my country, 9months to ask what my issue was because the link with screenshot I sent had expired at that point...

Was that human? I'm speechless..

• No one mentioned VirMach?!
    /s

• @vero said:
    What was the longest period you had to wait for provider to respond to opened ticket or inquiry?

Contacted few providers recently and it starts to get interesting. I know people tend to become sleepy in autumn, but this may take matters further - right to improvement of the previous record.

Dealing with OVH or Namecheap

• @JabJab said:
    No one mentioned VirMach?!
    /s

They can't say, they don't have the exact months yet

• @JabJab said:
    No one mentioned VirMach?!
    /s

VirMach

• VirMach too.
    I never got any answer so I have to give up and move on to the new provider.

• NexusBytes ~2 months
    VirMach ~1 month (still going)
    HostHatch either replied once every few days or left me hanging for 2-3 weeks.

They all had GREAT services until something happened and support was prayer-based basically.

• @VirMach is not only slow, they don't help you.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@Panit said:
    VirMach too.

Not to make any fun of it, but I always see this name as "Wehrmacht", is it just me?

• For me, virmach and Advin server probably have the longest support response time.

• I never got a response from virmach even I submitted several tickets to them.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

How do you count the response time of tickets that involucrated?

• netfoxnetfox Member
    edited November 2022

Arvixe, they wrote to come back next day, It's about 8 years ago.. never heard about the "joined with EIG provider" again.

Thanked by 1emg
  • @VirMach my Dedicated server was abruptly shut down by ColoCrossing on Aug. 8th. Ticket open with VirMach Aug.13th and still have not received replacement server paid for till Dec. of this year. By far I would stay VirMach takes the longest to resolve any issues.

• HostHatch. I got response after 4 days.

• virmach...

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited November 2022

Virmach sure has win this

But it is not at all

When create some ticket either it got reply within a month or maybe got closed within a month too
    :D :D :D

• Virmach make you feel bad about creating a ticket :D

• Freenom. Never :)

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Create a thread for the opposite o:)

• I don't know if it counts, but I wrote to the IRS, in 2010, and my ticket still shows as pending.

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

BoomerHost - Ticket opened on 3/25/2022 ... still not answered. Though I did notice that the problem was solved about 4 months later. I wasn't expecting much for $5 a year. My expectations were met ...

Thanked by 1spiritlhl
  • Billing department at OVH took 3 wks to reply to my ticket.

• definitely Virmach :D

Thanked by 1crazychen