Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12900k bare metal hourly rental, available anywhere??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

12900k bare metal hourly rental, available anywhere??

I know Hetzner has these for monthly, but is this particular config available anywhere
for a typical hourly rental price??
Thanks for any thoughts

Comments

• i would be surprised if anyone did this hourly, but who knows what shows up

Thanked by 2CameronE i4P1
  • @CameronE said:
    I know Hetzner has these for monthly, but is this particular config available anywhere
    Thanks for any thoughts

what difference does it make hourly vs monthly?

• @hollowvi1 said:

@CameronE said:
    Thanks for any thoughts

I just want to run some benchmarks on one of these for an hour, so I really would rather just pay for an hour of time on one of them. Rather than rent one for a month to run an hours worth of benchmarks. It's about the cost.

• @CameronE said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@CameronE said:
    Thanks for any thoughts

I just want to run some benchmarks on one of these for an hour, so I really would rather just pay for an hour of time on one of them. Rather than rent one for a month to run an hours worth of benchmarks. It's about the cost.

i'm sure there are already benchmarks on this CPU that can help you decide how good this CPU is

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • If you're in good standing with Hetzner you can try their dedis for a bit and cancel. They have a refund policy of 14 days, but you generally would want to cancel a week before the month ends, when they create invoices. Less work.

Thanked by 1CameronE
  • HayashimaHayashima Member
    edited November 2022

https://www.ip-projects.com/products/intel-premium-dedicated-server/

I saw another German provider has similar spec but forgot who is that. Anyway, ip-projects spec is great and the price, you know, some providers out there give you E3v2 for this price lol.

Oh, hourly, no, you can't find someone wants to do that.

Thanked by 1CameronE
  • @hollowvi1 said:

@CameronE said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@CameronE said:
    Thanks for any thoughts

i'm sure there are already benchmarks on this CPU that can help you decide how good this CPU is

I need to run some specialized encryption benchmarks, which are generally not available.
    Though you make an interesting point, I have a 12400, and I could probably extrapolate my encryption numbers to a 13900K, given the performance ratio of the CPU between the two.