Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Best Web Hosting in LET but
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Web Hosting in LET but

kidrockkidrock Member
edited November 2022 in General

I have one of my WordPress website hosted at ExtraVM. They are the best in terms of shared hosting resources limits. I haven't seen any other providers offering such resources at a lesser price (comment if you know others).
NVMe SSD
CPU - 150%
RAM - 3GB
I/O - 80MB/s
Entry Processes - 200
Unlimited Bandwidth and INODES

However, they migrated from cPanel to Spanel last month. That's when the problem started like daily downtime, errors in website display and file permissions. There were no issues before the migration. I have talked to the host and says their internal monitoring shows no downtime but I have added my website to few Uptime monitoring sites and they are reporting downtimes.

So I think Spanel is buggy and lacks features, resources. Anyone else using either ExtraVM Spanel or Spanel on other hosts facing any problems?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2022

@kidrock said:
    I have talked to the host and says their internal monitoring shows no downtime but I have added my website to few Uptime monitoring sites and they are reporting downtimes.

I still have your site on my monitoring and there's been none (HTTPS checks) since I mentioned in the ticket. The particular monitoring server is hosted on Amazon.

I've had very few complaints past some UI bugs and lacking features (some of which will be added soon.) If you want I can delete the account completely and manually upload everything for you on a new account to rule out some odd account/server side issue isolated to your user but I really don't know since I can't replicate an issue on my side.

I do understand if you want to switch though. But moving off of cPanel (and OVH for that matter) was necessary.

Thanked by 1kidrock