Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr alternative - Wordpress hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr alternative - Wordpress hosting

bunnybunny Member
edited November 2022 in Help

Hi,

Currently, I host a few websites on vultr, costing around $8 per site. All sites loads at a very fast speed. Any good hosts which provide the same speed at an affordable price? Though of trying contabo, I found too many negative reviews on the forum. Has anyone used racknerd hosting before? or any other hosts I should try?

I am not looking for shared hosts. I don't think the speed can be matched with vultr.

Budget: max $10 a month/ 3 websites plan. Location: US

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• @bunny said:
    Hi,

Currently, I host a few websites on vultr, costing around $8 per site. All sites loads at a very fast speed. Any good hosts which provide the same speed at an affordable price? Though of trying contabo, I found too many negative reviews on the forum. Has anyone used racknerd hosting before? or any other hosts I should try?

I am not looking for shared hosts. I don't think the speed can be matched with vultr.

Budget: max $10 a month/ 3 websites plan

Thanks in advance.

What kind of storage are you looking for your 3 Wordpress sites?

• @hollowvi1 said:

@bunny said:
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

50GB nvme or ssd.

• hollowvi1hollowvi1 Member
    edited November 2022

@bunny said:
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

[Advertisement]
    I would also recommend using OVHWEB
    Or I would say Host4Geeks is good

Mod edit (angstrom): Deleted ad

• @bunny said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@bunny said:
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

50GB nvme or ssd.

Host4Geeks is a good budget option for you as far as web hosting and it's really fast.

• nvmenvme Member
    edited November 2022

@bunny said:
    Hi,

Budget: max $10 a month/ 3 websites plan. Location: US

Thanks in advance.

I would highly suggest Speedypage, have been using them for sometime now and they have been pretty good.

• edited November 2022

@hollowvi1 said:

@bunny said:
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

If 30GB of total storage is enough for you I do offer that with a performance based CPU & DDR4 memory.

Wheres that host rep tag at?

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @NobodyInteresting said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@bunny said:
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

If 30GB of total storage is enough for you I do offer that with a performance based CPU & DDR4 memory.

I'll get it lol. Dw

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@hollowvi1 said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@bunny said:
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

I'll get it lol. Dw

Also, you need to shorten your signature.

Please read the forum rules if you haven't already.

Cheers.

• @DP said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@bunny said:
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

I'll get it lol. Dw

Cheers.

Shorten it?
    it's already short lol

• @DP said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@bunny said:
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

I'll get it lol. Dw

Cheers.

And my signature does follow the rules actually. It isn't long and is smaller than 1 scentence

• kasodkkasodk Barred
    edited November 2022

@hollowvi1 said:

@DP said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@bunny said:
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

I'll get it lol. Dw

Cheers.

And my signature does follow the rules actually. It isn't long and is smaller than 1 scentence

Yes, after you edited it.
    It was 3 lines.

You can improve it by adding: Trustworthy Provider. :D

• @kasodk said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@DP said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@bunny said:
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

I'll get it lol. Dw

Cheers.

Yes, after you edited it.
    It was 3 lines.

You can improve it by adding: Trustworthy Provider. :D

Lol nah

• SpeedyPage has been really good. I moved a client over to them a few weeks ago and might move some of my own projects there.

https://speedypage.com/wordpress-hosting

• Who said contabo is bad? Used it, its not that much bad you saw in review site

• denellumdenellum Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2022

Personally ive been using racknerd for the past 2 years, and my service has been great.
    They are currently having their BF sale on right now :

https://www.racknerd.com/BlackFriday/
    or if you want my affiliate link :
    https://my.racknerd.com/aff.php?aff=6174&pid=710 :)

You can get something for 5 domains for 16 a year along with backups and a whole suite of amazing things.
    If you have any questions @dustinc is VERY active and can help out as well!

• If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• WickedWicked Member
    edited November 2022

@denellum said: Personally ive been using racknerd for the past 2 years, and my service has been great.

Their FW is so strict on the shared hosting. Kept getting IP blocked when uploading files. Unblocked my IP 15 times before I switched to something else.

• denellumdenellum Member, Host Rep

@Wicked said: Their FW is so strict on the shared hosting. Kept getting IP blocked when uploading files. Unblocked my IP 15 times before I switched to something else.

Ah dang, Ive never had that issue! The only time I've had to unblock an IP was when I was trying to connect back when I use PIA as my VPN. But, I knew that IP SHOULD be blocked.
    Good info to watch out for though!

• @denellum said:

@Wicked said: Their FW is so strict on the shared hosting. Kept getting IP blocked when uploading files. Unblocked my IP 15 times before I switched to something else.

Ah dang, Ive never had that issue! The only time I've had to unblock an IP was when I was trying to connect back when I use PIA as my VPN. But, I knew that IP SHOULD be blocked.
    Good info to watch out for though!

That's crazy that their FW is that sensitive. A bit ridiculous if you ask me.

• kazawikikazawiki Member
    edited November 2022

@bdspice said:
    Who said contabo is bad? Used it, its not that much bad you saw in review site

Contabo is a waste of money, slow IOPS on SSD storage, high cpu-steal, ancient controlpanel (build in 1999?). Large network outage on 14-11 and today.

• @kazawiki said:

@bdspice said:
    Who said contabo is bad? Used it, its not that much bad you saw in review site

Contabo is a waste of money, slow IOPS on SSD storage, high cpu-steal, ancient controlpanel (build in 1999?). Large network outage on 14-11 and today.

Yeah but their pretty stable and it’s good for a low end VPs so for their usage it’s fine

• Stay with vultr.

If your job is paying you 8$ per hour, then just do 2-3 hours overtime.

• @msallak1 said:
    Stay with vultr.

If your job is paying you 8$ per hour, then just do 2-3 hours overtime.

well they would be fine even with a lot of hosts that offer storage VPS's. Those might be something they should look into. Cause those are dirt cheap

• Why don't you host all of your 3 websites in one server by using a control panel ? you get 2 GB of ram and 55 GB disk space

• @kiosv said:
    Why don't you host all of your 3 websites in one server by using a control panel ? you get 2 GB of ram and 55 GB disk space

lol that's what we are literally all saying.

• jonathajonatha Member
    edited November 2022
  • Their owned by Hivelocity right?

• @hollowvi1 said:

Their owned by Hivelocity right?

yes

• @jonatha said:

@hollowvi1 said:

Their owned by Hivelocity right?

yes

Ah, Okay that's what i remember them by.