Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PQ.Hosting - 50Mbps network is okay for them - Bad Experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PQ.Hosting - 50Mbps network is okay for them - Bad Experience

tronyxtronyx Member
edited November 2022 in Reviews

Hey folks,

I just wanna share some bad experience with PQ.Hosting. I was looking for VPS with Serbia location and I found them and saw on their site that they have cheap prices for their servers.
I order their "Aluminium-[RS]" plan in Serbia and got it in like ~10min.
I didn't order any higher plan as i was planning to use it only for private wireguard VPN. I've got 250Mbps home network and would use it on my PC but when i run official speedtest I got really bad results on this VPS.
Download speed was around ~30Mbps and maximum was 50Mbps.
I contact their support and they told me that on this tariff (plan) - "Aluminium-[RS]" that its normal speed. On their site they advertise 1 Gbps speed but thats not what I really need as 250-300Mbps burst / peak is also okay for me but 50Mbps?? I never had any VPS with that slow download speed!
"apt-get update" command takes ages to download content and if you want to "apt-get upgrade", download speed is like 800Kb/s from original debian.org REPO.
We had a really much conversation and they said if I upgrade i can get more speed but fun fact is that they only have 40-50Mbps on whole node as their official Looking Glass give same results as i tried to wget 1GB file from several servers (Hetzner 1Gbps dedicated, OVH France 1Gbps dedicated) and all same... I will post all pictures of proof here as they declined to issue a refund because this is normal for them. :smile:
Btw: they even tried to fix it and they told me to try again for 15 minutes, but results are same and then they again said: "that's normal speed for that tariff."
This is not about money and refund, this is about false advertisement and BAD service.

All proof / conversations is here: https://imgur.com/a/Thy3Hsx

Speedtest from VPS: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/9f703942-9036-4619-81fd-50b900af9805

Comments

• P Who?

Thanked by 2tronyx kasodk
  • @ralf said:
    P Who?

1) What

• Don't use unknown hosts.

• You can't really expect same speeds in Serbia as in NL/France/Ger etc.

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

I have had 2 VPS with this host. One in Russia and the other in Moldovia.

The Russian one was horrible, absolutely unusable.
    But the Moldovan one was great!

So I think that it is all in the location to be honest. As far as the support, that is typical for a former Soviet country. Unfortunately.

• @ralf said:
    P Who?

They're here @pqhosting

• titustitus Member
    edited November 2022

I saw a couple of times their advertisement on LEB (long time ago). They offered at first time an 1EUR/month promo plan, but it was always "out of stock" status from the promotion start time. (I think, it was never available for order)

• PQ is French for "toilet paper". Well...

Thanked by 2bdl seb1g
  • sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited November 2022

PQ.Hosting is legit Provider. Because you had a bad experience with them, doesn't mean that they are scammers...

Young people nowadays "didn't liked anything but there is no scam: lets call them Scammers!!!"

This happens not only with pq.hosting but with many providers here...
    Congratz.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, it could be your ISP but also them, especially if the server is far away, you don't have to expect much, hence CDN's do exist, otherwise they would be kinda useless.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

do note the advertised 1gbit is shared among the pool, you might have a noisy neighbor.

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@titus said:
    I saw a couple of times their advertisement on LEB (long time ago). They offered at first time an 1EUR/month promo plan, but it was always "out of stock" status from the promotion start time. (I think, it was never available for order)

I can confirm that this was absolutely available for order. Both of the 2 VPS's I mentioned earlier were 1EUR/month.

Thanked by 1titus
  • hostikohostiko Member, Host Rep

@alento said:
    So I think that it is all in the location to be honest. As far as the support, that is typical for a former Soviet country. Unfortunately.

Currently we are working on 10Gbps nodes connection at our Kyiv location, and as for now it is already available on one of our clusters (UA-PERF 12900k to be exact). So no, high speed Internet connection is possible even in former Soviet countries :)

Thanked by 1bench
  • @hostiko said:

@alento said:

Currently we are working on 10Gbps nodes connection at our Kyiv location, and as for now it is already available on one of our clusters (UA-PERF 12900k to be exact). So no, high speed Internet connection is possible even in former Soviet countries :)

Hows the network and power uptime in the last days in kyiv?

• hostikohostiko Member, Host Rep

@gbzret4d said:
    Hows the network and power uptime in the last days in kyiv?

It is fairly well due to UPS and electricity generators in the datacenter.

Thanked by 2gbzret4d bench
  • PQ is the worst experience I have used dozens of hosting providers, and he will always be in the blacklist in my heart.
    Before I purchased, I explicitly asked if the Dutch host ignored the DMCA and they told me yes.
    But when my console was shut down one day, I contacted them.
    They asked me to remove the content, which I declined. I asked them to give me 24 hours to log into the system and let me transfer the content, I gave up using their services.
    They emailed me that they need me to upgrade the package, I refused to upgrade, I just asked to transfer the data.
    Then they deleted the host directly without any reply or notification to me. This caused my site to be down for three days to fix the data.
    Since then, PQhosting will always be at the top of my blacklist, garbage hosting provider!

• I used to have a VPS with them, the impressions were very bad, the servers are overloaded. I do not recommend this provider

• 1Gbps per node means you share bandwidth with all your neighbors.
    There are 150~200 users per node, so do a calculate, how much in average.