Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for storage box
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for storage box

ieatbananasieatbananas Member
edited November 2022 in Requests

Hello,

I'm looking for a storage box provider (can be custom solution also) with preferably 1TB storage (HDD) and 1-2 cpu cores as it will be used to download only.
Either 1 or 2gb ram is fine.
Location preference is preferably a European country.
Paying in crypto. (Max $50 per month)

What I want to use the box for is hosting music files like, mp3, flac etc. So also preferably a provider that ignores the DMCA bs.

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Your budget max $50 per year or month?

• @WebProject said:
    Your budget max $50 per year or month?

Per month, just edited to include that

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@ieatbananas said: What I want to use the box for is hosting music files like, mp3, flac etc.

are you sharing copyrighted materials?

• Your budget is very generous :), many provider offer said specification for way cheaper.

But I notice you plan to host music and preferred DMCA ignored provider.

• seb1gseb1g Member
    edited November 2022

You might want to look at Trabia.
    They ignore DMCA and also hosted The Pirate Bay in the past.

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo Wolfdale-3M
    RAM: 4 GB
    HDD: 2x3TB
    BW: 20TB
    43€ monthly.

https://www.trabia.com/dedicated-server.57-0.html

• LiteServer HDD storage VPS is a perfect fit for your request.

• Have you thought about getting a seedbox for storage? There are a lot of companies that offer them, they're all DMCA ignored, and almost all of them in Europe. Seedhost.eu is one. Their smallest plan is 2TB space, 3TB transfer in the Netherlands for €6/month. There are many others - search for seedbox.

• @jtcx said:
    Have you thought about getting a seedbox for storage? There are a lot of companies that offer them, they're all DMCA ignored, and almost all of them in Europe. Seedhost.eu is one. Their smallest plan is 2TB space, 3TB transfer in the Netherlands for €6/month. There are many others - search for seedbox.

this, especially if you plan on sharing via torrents. But, be careful if you plan on installing your own platform, I think most come pre-configured with a few apps and you might not be getting a full webserver experience. Still, super cheap, tons of storage and they don't care about dmca.

• ieatbananasieatbananas Member
    edited November 2022

@WebProject said:

@ieatbananas said: What I want to use the box for is hosting music files like, mp3, flac etc.

are you sharing copyrighted materials?

yes, not as torrents but in a directory

@Liso said:
    Your budget is very generous :), many provider offer said specification for way cheaper.

But I notice you plan to host music and preferred DMCA ignored provider.

Yeah, i am aware of it being cheaper but there's always chance of needing a dedi server probably.
    I am gonna host music in a directory on a webserver and indeed want a DMCA ignored provider

@nick_ said:
    LiteServer HDD storage VPS is a perfect fit for your request.

Going to take a look at them.

@jtcx said:
    Have you thought about getting a seedbox for storage? There are a lot of companies that offer them, they're all DMCA ignored, and almost all of them in Europe. Seedhost.eu is one. Their smallest plan is 2TB space, 3TB transfer in the Netherlands for €6/month. There are many others - search for seedbox.

I have thought about one yes. and I will definitely take a look at the site you linked.

@j3r said:

@jtcx said:

this, especially if you plan on sharing via torrents. But, be careful if you plan on installing your own platform, I think most come pre-configured with a few apps and you might not be getting a full webserver experience. Still, super cheap, tons of storage and they don't care about dmca.

I won't share it via torrents but just via a direct accessible URL.