Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server providers allowing cryptocurrency nodes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server providers allowing cryptocurrency nodes

I need to run a monero, bitcoin and litecoin node for processing transactions for my website since I don't want to use coinbase commerce // coinpayments

A lot of providers outright ban the usage of stuff like this or will here about crypto and say no

anyone have suggestions?

Thanks !

Comments

• BuyVM do allow.
    DO, probably.

Thanked by 1gzz
  • we are developing the site which accepts crypto and store text stuff (such as notes and contacts) into blockchains.

• @Hxxx said:
    BuyVM do allow.
    DO, probably.

I tried BuyVM but it was crashing and the status of my server would change to "STATUS UNKNOWN" after about 2% of the monero blockchain synced. Attempting to restart or reboot the server does nothing when it happens and it forces me to reinstall.

If I get BuyVM to work I'll prob use them, but looking for other providers as well since I already use BuyVM for a lot.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@gzz said:

@Hxxx said:
    BuyVM do allow.
    DO, probably.

I tried BuyVM but it was crashing and the status of my server would change to "STATUS UNKNOWN" after about 2% of the monero blockchain synced. Attempting to restart or reboot the server does nothing when it happens and it forces me to reinstall.

If I get BuyVM to work I'll prob use them, but looking for other providers as well since I already use BuyVM for a lot.

Drop a ticket and we can check into that for you :)

I would check how much ram you have.

Francisco

Thanked by 1gzz
  • @Francisco said:

@gzz said:

@Hxxx said:
    BuyVM do allow.
    DO, probably.

Francisco

And if he tries to fix that: ” Oops, there's a problem...”

Thanked by 2Francisco gzz
  • Reliablesite and SmartHost seem to allow it, they responded to this thread about a geth node https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/176695/looking-for-a-dedicated-server-to-host-a-geth-node-with-1-5-tb-nvme-16-gb-ram

Also my XMR node uses about 1.5GB memory currently if that helps you at all figure out what happened at BuyVM.

Thanked by 1gzz
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@gzz said:
    I need to run a monero, bitcoin and litecoin node for processing transactions for my website since I don't want to use coinbase commerce // coinpayments

A lot of providers outright ban the usage of stuff like this or will here about crypto and say no

anyone have suggestions?

Thanks !

We can do what your looking for.
    ~Josh

Thanked by 1gzz
  • @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    We can do what your looking for.
    ~Josh

Highly recommend Josh, great guy and excellent service.

Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

We can allow it:
    https://advinservers.com/vps

Thanked by 1gzz
  • @Francisco said:

@gzz said:

@Hxxx said:
    BuyVM do allow.
    DO, probably.

Francisco

I have 32gb of ram, made sure I'd have enough of everything. Ram didn't really go up at all during the process and CPU was at around 15%. The ticket is #608409.

• sthostingsthosting Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2022

We also allow everything about crypto except mining itself :)
    Check out our offers :)

Thanked by 1gzz
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Crypto allowed excpet mining as well Here. Also accepted as a payment method. :wink:

Thanked by 1gzz
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Personally don’t get why the providers do block crypto mining, as at the end of the day it doesn’t matter how the dedicated server CPU/GPU is used!
    I do understand that some countries do have different laws in regarding the crypto.

Thanked by 1gzz
  • PwnerPwner Member
    edited November 2022

@WebProject said:
    Personally don’t get why the providers do block crypto mining, as at the end of the day it doesn’t matter how the dedicated server CPU/GPU is used!
    I do understand that some countries do have different laws in regarding the crypto.

Likely due to the high electricity costs that lower the profit margins of the providers, as well as maxing out the resources on the dedicated server and putting it in an unsellable condition. At that point, it's like buying a car with a salvaged title, you have a car, but you don't fully know how terrible the condition is and what the previous owner has done with it.

Thanked by 1gzz
  • dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

We also allow it on our dedicated servers (no mining)

Thanked by 1gzz
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Pwner said:

@WebProject said:

Likely due to the high electricity costs that lower the profit margins of the providers, as well as maxing out the resources on the dedicated server and putting it in an unsellable condition. At that point, it's like buying a car with a salvaged title, you have a car, but you don't fully know how terrible the condition is and what the previous owner has done with it.

The mileage and condition of car will tell you how the car was used example: taxi with high mileage condition that no one cared or just family car with low mileage and perfect working condition. As for dedicated server it use X amount of watt per hour, slightly less if it’s not operating at full power, so difference cost of electricity as it’s exactly the same as cost of petrol in different countries, so not valid point!

Thanked by 1gzz
  • @WebProject said:

@Pwner said:

@WebProject said:

The mileage and condition of car will tell you how the car was used example: taxi with high mileage condition that no one cared or just family car with low mileage and perfect working condition. As for dedicated server it use X amount of watt per hour, slightly less if it’s not operating at full power, so difference cost of electricity as it’s exactly the same as cost of petrol in different countries, so not valid point!

Mileage and condition of the car works in the exact same logic as the mileage and condition of the hardware someone is using. You won't expect to spend as much money on a car that was used as a known rental or is a former police interceptor with 160,000+ miles on it (including 100,000 miles in idle). In the exact same way, many others see that buying hardware used for crypto mining devalues it due to the constant high usage and "wear and tear" of the equipment. You expect the hardware to have been used more heavily and extensively, which also comes with the risk that it will fail or have more issues at a sooner pace than getting something that was used far less heavily. Just like you would with a known rental car that most likely has a history of being abused and having more "wear and tear" on it than an average daily driver for a private party would.

• The maximum provider will allow this but mining is forbidden by most. I'm currently running 6 nodes on Hetzner for over six months now without any issues so far.

• Hey guys, now that Ethereum is PoS only and at least on mainnet there is no more mining, where's the line in the sand now for the hosts that have an explicit mining ban? By that I mean, when you say "crypto is fine except mining", do you literally mean proof-of-work mining, full stop? The catch-alls in AUPs and ToSes aren't likely enforceable, as few catch-alls are in the US. Am I allowed to run validator nodes? Testnet validators? Relays for MEV? Since this is a convenient watering hole, would really like some clarification from as many providers as possible. Cheers.

Thanked by 1gzz
  • @WebProject said:

@Pwner said:

@WebProject said:

I will say, we bought a 2007 Prius that was an old Taxi, with a Salvage Title. Has been one of the best cars we ever bought. Best $1,500 ever spent.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • @Bushhy said:
    I will say, we bought a 2007 Prius that was an old Taxi, with a Salvage Title. Has been one of the best cars we ever bought. Best $1,500 ever spent.

Some brands and vehicles are worth taking a risk on, especially when the cost isn't relatively high compared to other vehicles. I'm a fan of Toyota's quality and design, so I don't worry about buying one that looks mechanically healthy and has less than 100,000 miles, because I know with proper care that I can squeeze at least another 100,000 more out of it. Situations like that are definitely out of the ordinary though, for everyone 1 successful story like yours, there are usually 100 more unhappy stories.

• @Pwner said:

@Bushhy said:

Some brands and vehicles are worth taking a risk on, especially when the cost isn't relatively high compared to other vehicles. I'm a fan of Toyota's quality and design, so I don't worry about buying one that looks mechanically healthy and has less than 100,000 miles, because I know with proper care that I can squeeze at least another 100,000 more out of it. Situations like that are definitely out of the ordinary though, for everyone 1 successful story like yours, there are usually 100 more unhappy stories.

For sure. I have bought cars with 30k miles, and had it be a nightmare. Also bought cars with 200k miles, and had them be the most reliable I have owned.

I will say, I will not be buying another FORD.... Fix Or Repair Daily.

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited November 2022

@Advin said:
    We can allow it:
    https://advinservers.com/vps

Don't these kind of tasks require dedicated cores?

I don't know much about crypto, but I understand that it is CPU intensive, maybe the type of task the OP runs is not CPU intensive.

Your link points to VPS not VDS.

Thanked by 1gzz
  • @gzz said:

anyone have suggestions?

Thanks !

we do as a VPS Host

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

We allow crypto, infact we've been strong proponents of crypto from beginning. We began accepting crypto payments for our services '10 or '11

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

@gzz
    Good day! o:)
    We can offer you what you are looking for! Also, we will offer you a Black Friday discount <3 Write our support, and we will help you find the most suitable solution! You can also pay with crypto!

Thanked by 1gzz