Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Koofr Lifetime Deal from 24$ for 100GB, 48$ for 250GB and 112$ for 1TB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Koofr Lifetime Deal from 24$ for 100GB, 48$ for 250GB and 112$ for 1TB

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited November 2022 in General

Currently with code HOLIDAY20 you can get 20% off of Koofr's Lifetime Deal on Stacksocial: https://www.stacksocial.com/sales/koofr-cloud-storage-plans-lifetime-subscription-100gb

Prices (without taxes) are:

• 100GB: 24$
  • 250GB: 48$
  • 1TB: 112$

Koofr is a stable and stellar European cloud storage provider with some awesome features, such as linking your gdrive, dropbox and other cloud accounts, manage them from Koofr Dashboard and copy/move stuff around. Servers are running on Hetzner Infrastructure afaik, so speeds have been rocksolid. I've been using Koofr for a couple of years now, and @vyas11 is a also a happy long-term Koofr user afaik :)

Additional facts/info from their Website:

Koofr is a secure, privacy-oriented and EU-based cloud storage solution, present on the market since 2013. Its name is invented from words meaning a suitcase in various European languages, symbolizing a safe place for your files.

The company’s headquarters are located in Slovenia, while the users’ data is stored in highly secured data centres across the EU, guaranteeing compliance with the EU privacy legislation.

Managing/Adding multiple clouds under Koofr Dashboard:

Other features
- Koofr supports rclone afaik (I don't use rclone but: https://rclone.org/koofr/ )
- WebDAV Support
- Backup WordPress with Koofr and WebDAV: https://koofr.eu/blog/posts/how-to-backup-your-wordpress-site-to-koofr-with-webdav
- Edit Document/Presentation in the cloud
- https://koofr.eu/blog/posts/7-koofr-features-were-sure-youll-love
- https://koofr.eu/blog/posts/backup-your-files-to-koofr-using-restic
- It just works. End of story.

1GB Speedtest file (1GB.bin test file I uploaded to my Koofr): Click

Thanked by 1nick_

Comments

• I had bought it @ $140 😢
    Around 4 months back

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @adwsislife said:
    I had bought it @ $140 😢
    Around 4 months back

So they are going cheaper even tho Hetzner raised prices?

Well, another ponzi coming to an end and trying to squeeze some money ;)

• @AXYZE said:

@adwsislife said:
    I had bought it @ $140 😢
    Around 4 months back

Not exactly. They've been around since 2013 and I've been very happy with them. So has @vyas11 and other LE users. There's lots of questionable storage offers on Stacksocial. I'd consider this one of the better ones.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited November 2022

@AXYZE said: Well, another ponzi coming to an end and trying to squeeze some money

I am not so sure about that.
    I am not putting my hand in the fire for anyone however they seems like a legit company here where I live.
    Even my mobile operator - second largest telecommunications operator/ISP in my country (owned by the international telecommunications group A1 Telekom Austria Group) have some sort of contract with them to offer additional 5GB on the top of the free 10GB koofr space for their subscribers for free.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited November 2022

@Ympker said:

@AXYZE said:

@adwsislife said:
    I had bought it @ $140 😢
    Around 4 months back

Not exactly. They've been around since 2013 and I've been very happy with them. So has @vyas11 and other LE users. There's lots of questionable storage offers on Stacksocial. I'd consider this one of the better ones.

How not exactly?
    You paid for the service once, they pay for it monthly.
    As long as new customers come they can afford to pay for old servers.

This is exactly definition of ponzi scheme. As long as new "investors" come you get the service.

Its nice that they have expanding customer base for 7 years. I would love to let them do business for 100 years more.

But if they are lowering prices when they need to pay 10% more monthly for every old client... ? They have very healthy margin Im sure, but 1TB per month is like $2 on Hetzner if you do EC. If you do RAID10 then $3. This company is 7 year old and they need to pay for all these lifetime clients and what they do? Lower prices as response to 10% price increase from datacenter.

You know it will fail and such tactic shows that its near.
    Already saw this too many times, not only in storage lifetime deals. Cutting prices when your margin were already affected (10% is a lot here, they have it calculated just for few years before client generates loss) shows that you cant get new clients. No new clients = cant pay next bill.

• @AXYZE said:

@Ympker said:

@AXYZE said:

@adwsislife said:
    I had bought it @ $140 😢
    Around 4 months back

How not exactly?

This is exactly definition of ponzi scheme. As long as new "investors" come you get the service.

Its nice that they have expanding customer base for 7 years. I would love to let them do business for 100 years more.

But if they are lowering prices when they need to pay 10% more monthly for every old client... ? They have very healthy margin Im sure, but 1TB per month is like $2 on Hetzner if you do EC. If you do RAID10 then $3. This company is 7 year old and they need to pay for all these lifetime clients and what they do? Lower prices as response to 10% price increase from datacenter.

You know it will fail and such tactic shows that its near.
    Already saw this too many times, not only in storage lifetime deals. Cutting prices when your margin were already affected (10% is a lot here, they have it calculated just for few years before client generates loss) shows that you cant get new clients. No new clients = cant pay next bill.

They also sell regular subscriptions (similar to pCloud), so unless we have specific internal numbers doing the math will be difficult. While Stacksocial offer has many (positive) reviews and that could suggest that many ppl bought their sub from their, we have no numbers of those direct customers (who might not know about Stacksocial offer). Furthermore, 20%-40% off deals are quite "normal" for deals listed on Stacksocial, so it's not Koofr clinging to a lifeline, but "the same procedure" as every year. Stacksocial runs their discount program for all products by default, I assume. Like X-MAS, BF, CM, Easter, Summer etc. So that's Platform driven and no iniative of Stacksocial. Now, I've seen products on Stacksocial that opted out (or somehow did not work for coupons), but I have no idea under what terms sellers can opt out of platform wide discounts and which consequences this might bring. So, I wouldn't worry too much for now. Then again, make sure you're not dependent on Koofr (e.g. I have multiple backups), so when shit hits the fan you're well prepared. This goes for all LTDs.

• I got 250GB for $36, it was 2 years ago. I rarely open it up, but it still works so that's nice.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @AXYZE - you worry too much. Countries will just print more money to solve these problems.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • ralfralf Member
    edited November 2022

@AXYZE said:

While I get your point, I'm not sure I agree with the logic.

You can get 1TB of storage in other places in small quantities for $3 a month or less. So, the lifetime deal here is about 3.5 years pre-payment if they just bought someone else's service at retail (not cost) and resold it. The guys selling at $3 or even $2.5 are still making an easy profit. If we assume that if they are buying disk in bulk, own their own hardware, and have a good deal on colo due to number of servers, they can probably get it down to $1.12 per TB, so your lifetime payment is actually 8 years up front payment.

In 8 years time, if they just invested that money, they'd probably see a 50% gain, and on top of that, the cost of disk is also dropping quickly every year. Other companies e.g. hosthatch had that promotion where it grows over time because the cost of provision is always dropping.

So if from their promotional price, they can provide for at least 8 years ignoring the drop in disk price and the returns from investing the principal, there's a good chance it can be sustainable especially when the majority of sales are at full price, or as someone suggested above through corporate bundlings.

I personally wouldn't buy it, just because I'd rather pay $3 a month for 1TB and use the other $109 for something that's more useful to me right now.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Thanks for providing test file, the DL speed pretty bad from my home. Probably because the server located on eu, far away from where I live (SEA).

Thanked by 2Ympker abangnoob
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2022

@Liso said:
    Thanks for providing test file, the DL speed pretty bad from my home. Probably because the server located on eu, far away from where I live (SEA).

Yeah, servers are located in various DCs in Germany according to their privacy policy (which support confirmed to me): https://koofr.eu/privacy/

Our servers are hosted in the European Union, in Germany, in secure and protected, ISO 27001 certified data centers.

• @Ympker said:
    Yeah, servers are located in various DCs in Germany according to their privacy policy (which support confirmed to me): https://koofr.eu/privacy/

And by "various DCs in Germany" they mean Hetzner

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2022

@jmgcaguicla said:

@Ympker said:

And by "various DCs in Germany" they mean Hetzner

Yeah, that's why I wrote Hetzner in the OP. Sometime ago I already found this out somewhere.
    Does Hetzner have three different Germany locations, though? There's Hetzner Nuremberg and Falkenstein, but it says data is stored in at least three physical locations.

• I'm only getting ~100K to APAC, I don't remember my auction servers performing this bad.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2022

@jmgcaguicla said:
    I'm only getting ~100K to APAC, I don't remember my auction servers performing this bad.

Probably more suited for people from Europe-ish region then. Being from Germany (ofc) speeds have been great. But even outside Europe @vyas11 appears to be happy (see his comment on OGF; he's not that active here anymore iirc).

• @cyberpunk said:
    New StackSocial coupon JOY30 (30% discount), works with VPNs, making for example Adguard VPN 5yr $28.99 and also works with Koofr if anyone still wants it (1TB $98.99)

@cyberpunk found a new Stacksocial coupon that works with Koofr, bringing 1TB lifetime down to 98$, which is great :)
    Thanks for sharing!

Thanked by 2kend TimRoo