Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any provider in LA would do IPv6 BGP over GRE?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

Could get a VPS with Vultr (for example) and set up a gre tunnel between your location and said VPS.

VPS <-BGP -> Vultr
    You <-iBGP-> VPS

This can be done not just with Vultr but any VPS provider that can give you a BGP session

• @Zappie said:
    Could get a VPS with Vultr (for example) and set up a gre tunnel between your location and said VPS.

VPS <-BGP -> Vultr
    You <-iBGP-> VPS

This can be done not just with Vultr but any VPS provider that can give you a BGP session

I tried to run a GRE tunnel to my Vultr VPS and then trying to run BGP directly between my router and Vultr's BGP server. It doesn't work.

• @Zappie said:

VPS <-BGP -> Vultr
    You <-iBGP-> VPS

Oh, are you referring to run a BGP daemon on the Vultr to proxy the BGP request? Any example on how it could be done?
    Vultr in LAX only give me default route. I don't get full table.

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

@dnwk said:
    and then trying to run BGP directly between my router and Vultr's BGP server. It doesn't work.

You need 2 sessions.

BGP Session 1: VPS <-> Vultr
    BGP Session 2 (iBGP): Your router <-> VPS (via GRE)

Thanked by 2dnwk Hayashima
  • Any example of how to set my BIRD2 up to serve as iBGP on the VM would be very helpful. I have not found much documents on how to do that.

• CloudieCloudie Member, Host Rep

Although, if it is simply IPv6 Transit, and... Fremont is close enough (~10ms or something) give Route48.org a shot :-)

Thanked by 1Hayashima
  • @Cloudie said:
    Although, if it is simply IPv6 Transit, and... Fremont is close enough (~10ms or something) give Route48.org a shot :-)

Any other provider in Fremont that allow me to announce my own prefix?

• @dnwk said:

@Cloudie said:

Any other provider in Fremont that allow me to announce my own prefix?

HE.net