Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honest review for Myw Lifetime Plan
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Honest review for Myw Lifetime Plan

I just recently purchase and trying a lifetime offer by Myt Hosting for 15$
first of all, the offer is very appealing at first. they also provide several locations including Asia region

the support is not very slow and not very fast either sometime take a day or so,
I am trying shared hosting plan and reseller hosting plan

my first purchase of share hosting plan with a Lifetime plan is successful, they use DirectAdmin, not much going on inside. I saw Softculous there, but they license is expired and cannot be use

the huge disappointment about this hosting is

• you can't access database or create one
  • you can't access Softculous installer

I only can create HTML file and that's about it

Comments

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2022

I mean, you're paying $15 for a "lifetime" hosting plan. You get what you pay for.

• I'm a customer of them and you can definitely create databases and access them and softaculous as well. Maybe raise a ticket, since you definitely know how to?

• @Advin said:
    I mean, you're paying $15 for a "lifetime" hosting plan. You get what you pay for.

I write a review on what I see it doesn't matter how much I am paying for tho even 1cent. I had another hosting with lifetime offer as well but do offer better than this and a FREE hosting that also did the same, 15$ not worth it, better go Free hosting

• host4nerdhost4nerd Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@mckaizu said:

@Advin said:

I write a review on what I see it doesn't matter how much I am paying for tho even 1cent. I had another hosting with lifetime offer as well but do offer better than this and a FREE hosting that also did the same, 15$ not worth it, better go Free hosting

Have you tried reaching @MikePT via support ticket ? He is really quick on response

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@softaculous sometimes bugs up their licensing servers. Just ping/dm @MikePT and he would get everything fixed.

• @luissousa said:
    I'm a customer of them and you can definitely create databases and access them and softaculous as well. Maybe raise a ticket, since you definitely know how to?

What location did you pay for? mine is Singapore , hostname is https://wsg1.wndp.pt/

• @FatGrizzly said:
    @softaculous sometimes bugs up their licensing servers. Just ping/dm @MikePT and he would get everything fixed.

I raise the ticket, still waiting them

• People crazy and wanting lifetime hosting in 15$, Every hosting server have monthly expences and with that price you get nothing. LIFETIME is a FALSE, Nothing is LIFETIME, We can say it will be untill life of product and with that price it will be soon end soon.

• @mckaizu said:

@luissousa said:
    I'm a customer of them and you can definitely create databases and access them and softaculous as well. Maybe raise a ticket, since you definitely know how to?

What location did you pay for? mine is Singapore , hostname is https://wsg1.wndp.pt/

Mine is in Singapore too and I can create database.

• @mckaizu said:

@Advin said:

why don't you go free hosting then?

• @mckaizu said: you can't access database or create one

so seem to be wrong somewhere. No hosting provider will offer shared/reseller hosting plans without database!!! (except static hosting)

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • Creating databases is a basic feature, so it should work out of the box. I have 2-lifetime deals with Mike and no issues with that.

• Its better to be disabled. Hosting DB on a single server is stupid.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@drizbo said: stupid.

Please take it easy. Please don't call other members or what they are doing "stupid."

• Sorry grandpa

• @Not_Oles said:

Please take it easy. Please don't call other members or what they are doing "stupid."

This is called "snowflake'ism". Member expressed his opinion and word "stupid" is the basis of his opinion. Wording it differently, like "not so smart per se", will not change the case. Only waste more bytes than term "stupid".

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • Yeah, I only wrote "stupid" to save people's bandwidth

• I've also not encountered any issues when trying to create databases or installing WP using Softaculous when using @MikePT services. All good on my end :)

• @cybertech said:

@mckaizu said:

@Advin said:

why don't you go free hosting then?

I don't get your argument to be honest.. I review many hosting from Free to paid, I just wrote what I see, nothing wrong with that and share it to people my experience

• Here my dashboard, Sg server : wsg1.wndp.pt

apologize guys, I am probably not familiar with DirectAdmin .. I used with cPanel

• sorry again, I am regular people only know little about server
    I purchase hosting for fun, compare it and find the best, this is my hobby

I try many thing from free hosting, cloud, vps, dedicated.. sometime I had no idea what I'm doing, hoping to learn from here and finding the best one

because I do believe some hosting not all good and not all bad

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Advin said:

At the end of the day customer is not at fault by purchasing the lifetime service, customer just reviewed the servers and based on your comment your cheap services are not up to standard?

To OP: have you opened the support ticket?

Thanked by 2Mumbly cadddr
  • host4nerdhost4nerd Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@mckaizu said:
    Here my dashboard, Sg server : wsg1.wndp.pt

apologize guys, I am probably not familiar with DirectAdmin .. I used with cPanel

@MikePT Tho its weekend please have a look mate.

• @LTniger said:

@Not_Oles said:

This is called "snowflake'ism". Member expressed his opinion and word "stupid" is the basis of his opinion. Wording it differently, like "not so smart per se", will not change the case. Only waste more bytes than term "stupid".

LET is just few steps behind to reach the insanity of WHT.

• the huge disappointment about this hosting is

Works in DE.

Works in DE. Open a ticket to get that server fixed.

You can definitely run PHP, Python and Node application.

@mckaizu said:

I support @MikePT can issue you an refund during working hours. There are a number reputable free hosting providers you can take your data towards.

On a side note I am finding that there are a number of reported hiccups with MyW's service that are not really controllable by @MikePT . So far I've seen

• (Old) LA server down due to DC issue
    • SG server down due to DC networking issue
    • DA panel outage due to DA pushed out buggy release
    • Softculous stopped working due to Softculous licensing server issue

In fairness NONE of them happened can be traced to @MikePT 's personal wrongdoing. However running system on a single physical server is risky and any user should have clear understanding on the "Shared Responsibility Model" :

• Use backup services and know what's backed up, and actually check your backups. In MyW's case, utilize Jetbackup and backup provided by DA to setup multiple reliable targets.
    • Understand that you are buying low end service which does not come with in-region high availability, and plan accordingly.
    • Understand that DA does not come with server side hardware encryption and plan accordingly.
    Thanked by 2Not_Oles Ympker
  • mwtmwt Member

It works fine in the US too. I'm guessing the license expired in Singapore.

• This isn't a review.

Anytime I see "honest review", I immediately suspect it's not.

Thanked by 1SinV
  • mckaizumckaizu Member
    edited October 2022

@TimboJones said:
    This isn't a review.

Anytime I see "honest review", I immediately suspect it's not.

please check my comment, I don't know it was different on every server. I did submit ticket before making this review, wasn't reply till 2 days, this is what I think

and I can't re-edit back the review to upload photo because timelimit

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello everyone!

Softaculous issue has been fixed - again, our subscription rarely works, we've already reported this to them. I'll simply pre-pay for a year and forget about it.

@mckaizu said:
    I just recently purchase and trying a lifetime offer by Myt Hosting for 15$
    first of all, the offer is very appealing at first. they also provide several locations including Asia region

the support is not very slow and not very fast either sometime take a day or so,
    I am trying shared hosting plan and reseller hosting plan

my first purchase of share hosting plan with a Lifetime plan is successful, they use DirectAdmin, not much going on inside. I saw Softculous there, but they license is expired and cannot be use

the huge disappointment about this hosting is

I'm not sure what you mean you can't create a database. Please open a ticket and ask for a refund, we'll definitely refund you.

Cheers

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Thank you for all the comments guys - we appreciate it. I was out for the Halloween and only sort urgent stuff during the weekend, so this was left on stand-by.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1Ympker