Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1U Cisco ASA colocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1U Cisco ASA colocation

Hey.
I am in need of 1U Cisco ASA (or alternative) colocation. I have my own PI AS+own IP subnet so I need BGP session.
I need 1Gbit port and unmetered bandwidth - it is just personal project, no hosting, no shits so there is always 0.0000Gbit traffic but I really don't want some kid to be playing with some big packets ping into my network and me paying for that. If this could be a problem, we can talk about it further.
I need cheapest solution as it is personal project use only.
Preferred location is EU/DE but I am nowadays in NL and it seems to be good as well with reachability.
Thanks for offers.

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I didn't know folks still used ASA firewalls.

I remember them fondly... Sort of!

Good luck with your search. Seems pretty easy to find.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

Hi! Do you have a specific budget?

• @jahoda said:
    Hey.
    I am in need of 1U Cisco ASA (or alternative) colocation. I have my own PI AS+own IP subnet so I need BGP session.
    I need 1Gbit port and unmetered bandwidth - it is just personal project, no hosting, no shits so there is always 0.0000Gbit traffic but I really don't want some kid to be playing with some big packets ping into my network and me paying for that. If this could be a problem, we can talk about it further.
    Preferred location is EU/DE but I am nowadays in NL and it seems to be good as well with reachability.
    Thanks for offers.

What's its energy use?

• tjntjn Member
    edited October 2022

[Joke about taking up to 90 days to deliver electricity goes here]

(Very sorry for hijacking the thread, couldn't help it)

• @jbiloh said:
    I didn't know folks still used ASA firewalls.

I remember them fondly... Sort of!

Good luck with your search. Seems pretty easy to find.

hehe yes... I have couple of them laying around so I want to give them another try :)

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@jahoda would you be open to coming to Texas?

• nah - US is no-go now - I am mainly in EU so the latency will kill it...
    It actually will not be ASA but mikrotik - so 2x25W max. power (dual PSU), 1U still.
    Waiting for offers.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2022

@jahoda said:
    nah - US is no-go now - I am mainly in EU so the latency will kill it...
    It actually will not be ASA but mikrotik - so 2x25W max. power (dual PSU), 1U still.
    Waiting for offers.

I have an ASA on hand that I had gotten to play with but haven't gotten around to. If that would interest you.

Here is our looking glass https://looking.dataideas.com (PS IPv6 on the glass is broke at the moment)

• @VPSSLIM said:

no budget, it needs to be as cheapest as possible. 2x25W, 1U, transfer - best unlimited as I dont want any surprises but it is just company emails and some internal websites. We can discuss this matter if you aren't comfortable with this term though...

@c1vhosting said:

@jahoda said:
    Hey.
    Thanks for offers.

What's its energy use?

2x25W.

• @jahoda said:

@VPSSLIM said:

no budget, it needs to be as cheapest as possible. 2x25W, 1U, transfer - best unlimited as I dont want any surprises but it is just company emails and some internal websites. We can discuss this matter if you aren't comfortable with this term though...

@c1vhosting said:

@jahoda said:
    Hey.
    Thanks for offers.

What's its energy use?

2x25W.

Can provide it for €18/month

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@c1vhosting said: Can provide it for €18/month

Setup time may take up to 90. Seconds, minutes, hours, days, decades, centuries. Who knows.

Thank you for ignoring us in the other thread.

Thanked by 2james50a Peppery9
  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Maybe Serverius will be of interest to you, they still do relatively cheap single unit colocation. You can haggle their list prices .. ;-)

We can help as well, but likely won't be under 90 EUR per month in either location in NL.

• well, all of those are kind of interesting offers with all those * and small letters (electricity billed separately etc.).
    I have 2 POPs now (alwyzon and fastpipe/combahton) but that is a nightmare. I already got more grey hair than when I was paying 250EUR for dedicated 100/100 in my own server room. All the time I need to find out something (oh yes, I forgot to mention MTU change; no, we don't have any problems - packet started flowing right after trouble ticket submitted) so I really don't want to get into this with some kid sending 100TB of big packets and me paying for it...
    I am considering 2 offers now - 18EUR for c1vhosting (with no specification at all so I don't know what to compare) and one another hoster from middle-EU with 22EUR (1gbit/100TB, A/B electricity, BGP).
    So if anybody knows something more interesting, just let me know.

@RickBakkr said:
    Maybe Serverius will be of interest to you, they still do relatively cheap single unit colocation. You can haggle their list prices .. ;-)

We can help as well, but likely won't be under 90 EUR per month in either location in NL.

so I need to contact sales to get offer correct? Their website prices are... let's not be stupid :)

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@jahoda said: I am considering 2 offers now - 18EUR for c1vhosting (with no specification at all so I don't know what to compare) and one another hoster from middle-EU with 22EUR (1gbit/100TB, A/B electricity, BGP).

Who is that middle-EU hoster? If you don't mind sharing...

@jahoda said: so I need to contact sales to get offer correct? Their website prices are... let's not be stupid

As a long term customer of theirs, we recently got a quote that is a few tenners per Unit under their list price. I do not know what they'd offer all-new customers.

• Hey guys.
    This question is still valid, I went with provider for about 22EUR monthly but I need backup as well.
    In fact, it is 1U mikrotik with 2x25W PSU, 1gbit/s connection, 10TB is more than enough + AS/IP announcement...